20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg

There are 1,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 23.
#302 6 years ago

Thank tamoore I got them from him.
Great looking cards!

#303 6 years ago

Thanks Elevatorman, but I'm talking about the card on the right side of this picture that you posted.

ebc41c5469921ad03938407239a302f65269fd23 (resized).jpgebc41c5469921ad03938407239a302f65269fd23 (resized).jpg

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Thanks Elevatorman, but I'm talking about the card on the right side of this picture that you posted.

It's on last post of page 6 lol

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Here you go sir.

But there's a yellow skateboard in the pictures of your machine?

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

But there's a yellow skateboard in the pictures of your machine?

Oh crap...im sorry. I didn't even realize I put the ones in that I modified a bit.
I'll look for them in my files.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Oh crap...im sorry. I didn't even realize I put the ones in that I modified a bit.
I'll look for them in my files.

Did you fix the hands not aligning with the text on the instruction card? That always makes me twitch.

1 week later
#308 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Cheers! I should be able to map that on to what I've still got to make it work.

I'm glad you enjoyed the artwork. But, why sell it on eBay? That wasn't my intention.

ebay.com link: Radical Pinball Skateboard Deck just like Ballys Official Flyer from 1990

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Finally set up my Radical Flyer deck. It's pretty darn close. Thanks to blkdog7 from John's Arcade for posting the graphic! Now it's time to make it a topper.

I'm glad you enjoyed the artwork. The deck is super cool! But, why sell it on eBay? That wasn't my intention. I didn't share the artwork so it could be sold on eBay. Weird.

ebay.com link: Radical Pinball Skateboard Deck just like Ballys Official Flyer from 1990

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

I'm glad you enjoyed the artwork. But, why sell it on eBay? That wasn't my intention.
ebay.com link » Radical Pinball Skateboard Deck Just Like Ballys Official Flyer From 1990

That's not me. Kind of rude to accuse me of that without contacting me at all first. I would've sent a PM in the first instance.

Weirdly the post you quoted isn't even discussing the skateboard? I'm thanking someone for their scan of the clear plastic from the vertical ramp.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

That's not me. Kind of rude to accuse me of that without contacting me at all first. I would've sent a PM in the first instance.

Yeah, I have no idea why I replied to you about this. That was a mistake. That wasn't my intention.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

Yeah, I have no idea why I replied to you about this. That was a mistake. That wasn't my intention.

Ah, just some fat finger work clicking on the wrong post.

If you edit your post, I'll edit mine and remove the down vote.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Ah, just some fat finger work clicking on the wrong post.
If you edit your post, I'll edit mine and remove the down vote.

I already deleted it. Not sure. Is it still showing? I realized the mistake right away.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

I already deleted it. Not sure. Is it still showing? I realized the mistake right away.

I didn't know you could delete a post at all?

I see post #308: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/7#post-4142800

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

I'm glad you enjoyed the artwork. The deck is super cool! But, why sell it on eBay? That wasn't my intention. I didn't share the artwork so it could be sold on eBay. Weird.
ebay.com link » Radical Pinball Skateboard Deck Just Like Ballys Official Flyer From 1990

Whoa! Everyone take a deep breath. BlkDog7, I thanked you for the art work and printed two decks for myself. I set one up and made a topper. I realized I'd never use or need the other one so I posted it for sale in the Pinside Market Place and Ebay for essentially my cost. Maybe I get to keep $5 depending on what shipping shakes out to be.
By the time I finished the eBay post, I had already received 3 emails from Pinsiders wanting to buy it. This is not a business for me and as I only have the one deck for sale, I offered to help get another deck or build a complete set up for the other two Pinsiders that contacted me.

I have removed the eBay listing.

Thanks again.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Whoa! Everyone take a deep breath. BlkDog7, I thanked you for the art work and printed two decks for myself. I set one up and made a topper. I realized I'd never use or need the other one so I posted it for sale in the Pinside Market Place and Ebay for essentially my cost. Maybe I get to keep $5 depending on what shipping shakes out to be.
By the time I finished the eBay post, I had already received 3 emails from Pinsiders wanting to buy it. This is not a business for me and as I only have the one deck for sale, I offered to help get another deck or build a complete set up for the other two Pinsiders that contacted me.
I have removed the eBay listing.
Thanks again.

It's cool man. I just shared the file so everyone could just order their own. At the end of the day, I don't own the design. So, I guess... whatever. Do what you want.

1 week later
#317 6 years ago

What is the proper post sleeve size for the post on either side of the drops by the snake run? They look fatter than normal. The manual is no help.
Thanks

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

What is the proper post sleeve size for the post on either side of the drops by the snake run? They look fatter than normal. The manual is no help.
Thanks

Page 2-32 of the manual has the playfield layout.
Screenshot from 2018-01-09 09-06-01 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2018-01-09 09-06-01 (resized).png
It notes a different post type to the right of the drops #5 which is a rubber bumper post (02-4036-1) with the fat bumper on it (23-6551, not 23-6552 as in the manual). There's also a plastic spacer.

Looking at the Bust a Move ramp, it has a #5 pointing to the upper side of the entry, but the large circle is on the lower side. Looking at the gaps between the guides, there's space on the lower side, not the upper.

That's likely how the prototype was (as the manual seems to be written for that, not the production machine). Looking on ipdb, The prototype definitely had wide bumpers either side of the drops: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1904&picno=31928 so I'd assume wherever you have that wider circle, they had a post with the wide bumper.

I can't say for certain how production machines came out, but on the drops, I only have the rubber bumper bumper to the right side, same as this: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1904&picno=13522&zoom=1

On the bust a move ramp, I only have a wide bumper on the lower side. I'm pretty sure it won't fit in the upper side, and if it did, I think it'd make the right orbit shot really hard from the lower half of the playfield and if there was a narrow post on the lower post there might be a ball hang up.

The parts list breakdown on ipdb lists 2 x 23-6551 wide rubbers.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Page 2-32 of the manual has the playfield layout.

It notes a different post type to the right of the drops #5 which is a rubber bumper post (02-4036-1) with the fat bumper on it (23-6551, not 23-6552 as in the manual). There's also a plastic spacer.
Looking at the Bust a Move ramp, it has a #5 pointing to the upper side of the entry, but the large circle is on the lower side. Looking at the gaps between the guides, there's space on the lower side, not the upper.
That's likely how the prototype was (as the manual seems to be written for that, not the production machine). Looking on ipdb, The prototype definitely had wide bumpers either side of the drops: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1904&picno=31928 so I'd assume wherever you have that wider circle, they had a post with the wide bumper.
I can't say for certain how production machines came out, but on the drops, I only have the rubber bumper bumper to the right side, same as this: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1904&picno=13522&zoom=1
On the bust a move ramp, I only have a wide bumper on the lower side. I'm pretty sure it won't fit in the upper side, and if it did, I think it'd make the right orbit shot really hard from the lower half of the playfield and if there was a narrow post on the lower post there might be a ball hang up.
The parts list breakdown on ipdb lists 2 x 23-6551 wide rubbers.

Thanks. I knew the manual was wrong. I just need to find the plastic spacers now.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Thanks. I knew the manual was wrong. I just need to find the plastic spacers now.

Digging through the parts list for things made of nylon I found part number 03-7973.

Looking at the picture on Marco, I think that's right: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7973 or http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/03-7973.html

I'll go check the dimensions.

[edit: the dimensions listed on the Marco site match what I've got. ]

#321 6 years ago

Awesome

#322 6 years ago

I have an intermittent issue with collecting the "I" and the million when shooting up the bust a move ramp. Most of the time I can collect them, but occasionally on a fast shot they fail to collect even though the switch on the skate or die multi-ball gate works 100% in switch test mode. I have even shot up the bust a move ramp with the glass off during a game and it collects them. Anyone see this issue?

#323 6 years ago

I am so glad someone else has finally asked about this too.

Yes. It annoys the shit out of me. You nail the shot and get... Sometimes flashers, sometimes nothing.

I suspect it's partially a code issue as there are times where the flashers go but no award given. That indicates the switch read as closed? The locked ball tends to get kicked too.

I've also had it go through so fast that there's no flashers and it didn't kick the locked ball out. In that case it seems it was just too quick.

It's been much worse for me since on lubed the spinners and they go for ages. Fast shots directly off the top left flipper with no spinners going seem to work ok, so maybe the pulsing of the spinner switches interferes or something?

I'm tempted to add a capacitor across the switch to increase the pulse length.

#324 6 years ago

Funny you mention the spinners. I think that may be the issue. The spinners are interrupting somehow. I had the glass off and would put the ball on the upper left flipper and shoot the bust a move ramp. It would collect 100% of the time. But when playing with the glass on, the ball whizzes by the spinners first and that's when I see it not collect sometimes. Let us know what you find out with the capacitor.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Funny you mention the spinners. I think that may be the issue. The spinners are interrupting somehow. I had the glass off and would put the ball on the upper left flipper and shoot the bust a move ramp. It would collect 100% of the time. But when playing with the glass on, the ball whizzes by the spinners first and that's when I see it not collect sometimes. Let us know what you find out with the capacitor.

I've got a thread about the other randomness I've seen on Radical: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-switch-matrix-issue

Didn't get any traction.

2 weeks later
#326 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I have finally managed to replicate this reliably in game:

• Right spinner (29 - col 4 row 5)
  • Middle man (27 - col 4 row 3) - twice
  • Top spinner (17 - col 3 row 1)
  • Left X Gate won't register (18 - col 3 row 2)

I made a video:

Any thoughts?

Edit: I've found that by flicking the middle man gate hard, the switch will close twice, once as expected and a second time when the gate swings back. I guess that lines up with the behaviour I'm seeing. Now to figure out how to fix it.

I've also found triggering the middle man 3 times everything works as it should, 4 times it doesn't work again. This makes me think there's something in the code that's causing the issue.

#327 6 years ago

This is what my middle man switch looks like:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Is that the right switch? Is it the right wireform on the gate? I feel like it should be bent differently so it only works when the ball rolls top down.

#328 6 years ago

I tried your experiment in switch test mode. It appears that the ramp switch DOES register when both spinners are spinning. This leads me to believe this is a software issue.

During game play does it matter if both inserts are lit? The I and the million. I think I notice that when both inserts are lit they don't collect but when only one is lit it seems to collect most of the time. I need to investigate further.

I still think it's software.

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I tried your experiment in switch test mode. It appears that the ramp switch DOES register when both spinners are spinning. This leads me to believe this is a software issue.

Totally. I do exactly what I did in the video in switch edges and I see x-ramp left flash up every time.

Quoted from MRG:

During game play does it matter if both inserts are lit? The I and the million. I think I notice that when both inserts are lit they don't collect but when only one is lit it seems to collect most of the time. I need to investigate further.
I still think it's software.

No. It's easier to tell when it's happening if millions is lit (BITCHIN'!) but watching the flashers or locking a ball before testing works well. If the flashers don't go/the ball doesn't kick, it didn't react to the switch read.

The odds and evens thing makes me think it's 100% software - however if I can stop the middle man activating twice it seems to happen way, way less frequently. I could disable the middle man completely, but that would make it super easy to get the L as a dribble down the back of the spinner will then reward the shot.

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

This is what my middle man switch looks like:

Is that the right switch? Is it the right wireform on the gate? I feel like it should be bent differently so it only works when the ball rolls top down.

My game has a 3-4 inch hex post where your locking nut is in your picture. My switch and wireform are the same.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

My game has a 3-4 inch hex post where your locking nut is in your picture. My switch and wireform are the same.

Hmmm... so does this photo in the thread gallery: https://images.pinside.com/0/d9/0d9122dc1b3b68537142e8cd595a5132bcec11d6/resized/large/0d9122dc1b3b68537142e8cd595a5132bcec11d6.jpg

Wouldn't change the operation of the switch though.

1 week later
#332 6 years ago

Ever since I have owned my Radical! some times either when the game starts or after a ball is placed in the shooter lane there is no "music". Sometimes it is missing for the entire game and sometimes for a single ball. Does anyone else have this issue?

#333 6 years ago

I have this issue on my Pinbot sometimes. I just learned to live with it

#334 6 years ago

Recently when I turn my Radical on, it lights up but the display shows nothing and nothing else happens. It is unplayable. All I have to do is turn it off and turn it back on again and everything is back to normal. Any ideas? Thanks.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I have this issue on my Pinbot sometimes. I just learned to live with it

Quoted from Jo4114:

Ever since I have owned my Radical! some times either when the game starts or after a ball is placed in the shooter lane there is no "music". Sometimes it is missing for the entire game and sometimes for a single ball. Does anyone else have this issue?

My first thought is to replace all of the capicators in the sound circuit. The caps on those boards were only rated for a 12 year life span.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Recently when I turn my Radical on, it lights up but the display shows nothing and nothing else happens. It is unplayable. All I have to do is turn it off and turn it back on again and everything is back to normal. Any ideas? Thanks.

Capacitor going bad for the 5 volts. Go here and search 5 volts http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index2.htm

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I have finally managed to replicate this reliably in game:

Right spinner (29 - col 4 row 5)
Middle man (27 - col 4 row 3) - twice
Top spinner (17 - col 3 row 1)
Left X Gate won't register (18 - col 3 row 2)

Are you required to do this sequence fast in order for the error to arise? Same, do the spinner have to spin when X-left is triggered in order for it to not fully reward the shot?

What is the purpose of the Middle man gate? Is it only to detect direction of the ball though the spinner?

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Are you required to do this sequence fast in order for the error to arise?

Yes it has to be fast and the order is important. It does seem to sometimes happen if the order is changed slightly (eg you can maybe start the top spinner first) but it's certainly most repeatable if it follows the same sequence as the ball. Never occurs if the MM is triggered before the right spinner.

Quoted from soren:

Same, do the spinner have to spin when X-left is triggered in order for it to not fully reward the shot?

I think they must still be spinning. I don't have enough hands to quickly trigger them just once and still get the MM and x-left in time. When properly set up, I can trigger the X-left switch 4 or 5 times before it rewards the shot. I think this has only been a really noticeable problem since I put a dab of lube on the spinners and their duration was overly extended.

Quoted from soren:

What is the purpose of the Middle man gate? Is it only to detect direction of the ball though the spinner?

The MM determines which way the ball is travelling through the orbit. Hitting the MM before either spinner stops it lighting a RADICAL letter for the shot though you still get points. The switch was misadjusted so it never closed when I got the machine and that made lighting the L trivial as a lot of misses in the upper end of the playfield roll back down the right side.

eg if you dribble down through the gate into the back of the right spinner, the L should not light but you still score points for the spinner spinning.

Triggering the middle man alone rewards points and triggers some flashers. I think that's why the right spinner must be going before you hit the MM for the bug to occur - the mm behaviour changes depending on whether right spinner has been triggered recently.

#339 6 years ago

I love this game but I desperately need someone to do a new play field
OR
Just finished watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures and Bogus Journey. What a great pin for a re-theme to this title if only I was good enough. 80's were KING!
"Be excellent to each other"

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#340 6 years ago

Thanks. Highly intrigued.

#341 6 years ago

Calling Radical owners.

I wonder if you can help me out here.

Do there excist an LA-2 ROM?

Anyone who knows of this.

You guys with games, can you go to the menu and see if it says "LA2 ID 00". By any chance.

Thanks.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Calling Radical owners.
I wonder if you can help me out here.
Do there excist an LA-2 ROM?
Anyone who knows of this.
You guys with games, can you go to the menu and see if it says "LA2 ID 00". By any chance.
Thanks.

I have a tournament rom, but it's just a minor patch of the L-1 ROM that makes the mega million jackpot 5 every time. I see "LU1 ID 00" and "European Level 1" (which defaults to hard, the proper ruleset for Radical! ).

#343 6 years ago

Just to clarify. I do not refer to the modded ROM. I am investigating the possibillity of a factory LA-2 ROM.

#344 6 years ago

Hello i'm in the Radical Club now

I recently finished my radical project.
Some of the inserts were completly gone, some partly. I cleaned and airbrushed the crapy inserts and some playfield wear. The Playfield was finaly sealed with clear coat.

Big thanks to John for creating the radical skateboard art - perfect for the topper ...

011.jpg011.jpg

010.jpg010.jpg

009.jpg009.jpg

008.jpg008.jpg

007.jpg007.jpg

006.jpg006.jpg

005.jpg005.jpg

004.jpg004.jpg

003.jpg003.jpg

002.jpg002.jpg

001.jpg001.jpg

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from c78m:

Some of the inserts were completly gone, some partly. I cleaned and airbrushed the crapy inserts and some playfield wear. The Playfield was finaly sealed with clear coat.
Big thanks to John for creating the radical skateboard art - perfect for the topper ...

That looks fantastic! I love the Instruction Cards. Can you post those files? Also, please take a picture from the back of your topper....I've been debating the best way to mount my board up there. Thanks!!!

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Finally landed this beauty, I'm sure there's very few out there. Thanks again sleazbay!

That one might have come from a local pinhead. He had a nice cabinet for sale, but only the lower for $100 after parting it out

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from c78m:

Wow! Beautiful

Great work

... yes, those instruction cards! Can you please share them?

#348 6 years ago

instuction cards

radical - rules.pngradical - rules.png

radical - skate-or-die.pngradical - skate-or-die.png

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from c78m:

instuction cards

Thank you, you're a gem.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from c78m:

instuction cards

Yes, thanks a ton! Please also describe or post a picture of how you mounted your board on top. Super Rad!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/7?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.