20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg
There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 23.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just arrived form Russia and look great!
I cant comment on fit yet but the colors are vibrant and well done, esp considering these are desperately needed!

Did the drop target stickers come with it? Haven't been able to find those anywhere.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Did the drop target stickers come with it? Haven't been able to find those anywhere.

Marco has the lower ones: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1463-2015

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

I have drop targets decals. let me know if you need it.

#254 6 years ago

John, they look Rad! Where can we order them? How much should we expect to pay?

#255 6 years ago

I'm not going to be selling the decks -- I just don't have time to organize this. But, I will share my file and where I ordered them.

The file is here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4oKU-rD4RP9MGh5Tzc5NzI0RjA

I ordered from here:

http://www.customskateboards.com/Custom-Old-School-Skateboards/5-O-Grind-Poo-_Deck

If you order more than one they are around $35.00 each. Maybe someone here can run with this?

Also... I plan on giving one away on my Youtube channel soon.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

I'm not going to be selling the decks -- I just don't have time to organize this. But, I will share my file and where I ordered them.
The file is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4oKU-rD4RP9MGh5Tzc5NzI0RjA
I ordered from here:
http://www.customskateboards.com/Custom-Old-School-Skateboards/5-O-Grind-Poo-_Deck
If you order more than one they are around $35.00 each. Maybe someone here can run with this?
Also... I plan on giving one away on my Youtube channel soon.

Thanks John! I just ordered two.

2 weeks later
#257 6 years ago

Hi all, just noticed this great club.
I have had three Radicals over the years,
The last ,I bought back Down Under from a really nice guy in the States.
The only pin, never to leave my collection.
Ive upsized, downsized, and repeated the process several times, but NEVER let my Radical go.
The cab is awesome ,the ramps in amazing condition, playfield very good but not perfect.
I put new highly polished side rails,back box hinges,lock down bar, ball plunger, door and legs.
The play field is nearly finished, been touched up and clearcoated, and then I got to put her back together.
Some new funky colored Titans and it will look RADICAL
Will post some better pics soon.
Cheers
It looks like the cabinet is faded, but its only the direct sunlight coming through.
Cheers'Rich

063 (resized).jpg063 (resized).jpg

117 (resized).jpg117 (resized).jpg

027 (resized).jpg027 (resized).jpg

009 (resized).jpg009 (resized).jpg

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Hi all, just noticed this great club.
I have had three Radicals over the years,
The last ,I bought back Down Under from a really nice guy in the States.
The only pin, never to leave my collection.
Ive upsized, downsized, and repeated the process several times, but NEVER let my Radical go.
The cab is awesome ,the ramps in amazing condition, playfield very good but not perfect.
I put new highly polished side rails,back box hinges,lock down bar, ball plunger, door and legs.
The play field is nearly finished, been touched up and clearcoated, and then I got to put her back together.
Some new funky colored Titans and it will look RADICAL
Will post some better pics soon.
Cheers
It looks like the cabinet is faded, but its only the direct sunlight coming through.
Cheers'Rich

Totally rad!

#259 6 years ago

Hello! I am a long time Pinball guy that stepped away from the hobby back in 2008. I still kept my machines, it's just that I walked away because I had more important things going on in my life I recently started to catch back up on things and I have to say, things are a lot different than they were when I stepped away...

Anyway, I am a Radical owner. I purchased back in 2003 and back then no one liked this game, or really gave it much thought. I am a "old guy" skateboarder so I was immediately drawn to it. I also recognized that since it was a pretty low volume pin I was going to need some parts for it and since for the most part no one was looking at this game NOS parts and ebay "parts machines" were pretty common so I have extra ramps, Playfield, etc... Probably will get around to selling the playfield at some point since mine is in better shape....

Anyway, what are people doing for ramps on this game? Especially the large crossover ramp... That bowl has a tendency to crack and as it appears that no one is making repo ramps anymore and even if they were I doubt they would spend any time on a machine that has less than 1300 in existence... so how is everyone dealing with the bowl?

#260 6 years ago

I am lucky to have the ramps in fairy good condition. However if it were cracked I would probably give a good clean and flame polish, then apply a very good plastic adhesive. How bad is yours? Pic?
I am keen on the second play field if you are going to offload and it is in good condition!
I have two very worn play fields( down to wood) and a second set of OK ramps. Plus a few other bits.
Welcome back too, great game.

#261 6 years ago

I need ramps as well. Particularly the two smaller ones in the back corners.

I've got a local friend who says he wants to learn to make ramps. I'm guessing this is months away still, but I'll keep you all posted.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I've got a local friend who says he wants to learn to make ramps. I'm guessing this is months away still, but I'll keep you all posted.

I am in for a set.

#263 6 years ago

Mine are perfect, but am always up for a backup set!

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I have recently seen a youtube video of a home brew vacuum made ramp out of some thinner material that looks promising for ramps that don't normally take a pounding...I am skeptical of ramps that are in direct lines of fire would last as long as originals.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am lucky to have the ramps in fairy good condition. However if it were cracked I would probably give a good clean and flame polish, then apply a very good plastic adhesive. How bad is yours? Pic?
I am keen on the second play field if you are going to offload and it is in good condition!
I have two very worn play fields( down to wood) and a second set of OK ramps. Plus a few other bits.
Welcome back too, great game.

My bowl is starting to crack and I had to drill some small "stop" drill holes to keep the cracks from getting worse.

IMG_7577 (resized).jpgIMG_7577 (resized).jpg

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from Jo4114:

My bowl is starting to crack and I had to drill some small "stop" drill holes to keep the cracks from getting worse.

This works?!? Awesome.

A friend of mine had a crack traveling across the windshield of his car. He taped a penny at the end of the crack and it stopped right there!

1 week later
#267 6 years ago

I have a small crack in my bowl, I hadn’t grown since I got the machine a few years ago... the best thing to do... Mark, Freeplay40 here on pinside makes ramps and has made a great vacuum forming machine and has the skill down... he should be the guy to contact to repro these ramps... problem is getting him ramps to make forms, and the size of the ramps, and of course the desirability of the ramps

Quoted from Jo4114:Hello! I am a long time Pinball guy that stepped away from the hobby back in 2008. I still kept my machines, it's just that I walked away because I had more important things going on in my life I recently started to catch back up on things and I have to say, things are a lot different than they were when I stepped away...
Anyway, I am a Radical owner. I purchased back in 2003 and back then no one liked this game, or really gave it much thought. I am a "old guy" skateboarder so I was immediately drawn to it. I also recognized that since it was a pretty low volume pin I was going to need some parts for it and since for the most part no one was looking at this game NOS parts and ebay "parts machines" were pretty common so I have extra ramps, Playfield, etc... Probably will get around to selling the playfield at some point since mine is in better shape....
Anyway, what are people doing for ramps on this game? Especially the large crossover ramp... That bowl has a tendency to crack and as it appears that no one is making repo ramps anymore and even if they were I doubt they would spend any time on a machine that has less than 1300 in existence... so how is everyone dealing with the bowl?

Welcome back!

#268 6 years ago

just found this thread ive had a radical for 15+ years first game i bought. restored the playfield and full led kit looks mint. mines missing the skull sticker on the mega millions ramp and that watermelon plastic any one sell those oh also the plastic ball guide for the vert ramp is cracked now. ill add some pics

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from DUKE_WADD:

just found this thread ive had a radical for 15+ years first game i bought. restored the playfield and full led kit looks mint. mines missing the skull sticker on the mega millions ramp and that watermelon plastic any one sell those oh also the plastic ball guide for the vert ramp is cracked now. ill add some pics

If you are talking about the guide that fits over the top of the ramp mine was broken too. I just went to Home Depot and bought some Lexan Plex glass and made my own by tracing the old piece and using a Dremel tool with a side cut bit to cut it out.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Jo4114:

If you are talking about the guide that fits over the top of the ramp mine was broken too. I just went to Home Depot and bought some Lexan Plex glass and made my own by tracing the old piece and using a Dremel tool with a side cut bit to cut it out.

The one here is also broken (so there's the occasional air ball to the top left ramp), but I don't have the missing piece to trace. I've been trying to find a scan of the whole piece so I can cut a new one. Any chance you could scan it?

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

The one here is also broken (so there's the occasional air ball to the top left ramp), but I don't have the missing piece to trace. I've been trying to find a scan of the whole piece so I can cut a new one. Any chance you could scan it?

It's clear plastic so this is the best I could do...hopefully you can see the lines well enough to draw them in...

img20171206_21555939 (resized).jpgimg20171206_21555939 (resized).jpg

#272 6 years ago

Here is what it looks like installed...

IMG_7697 (resized).jpgIMG_7697 (resized).jpg

IMG_7696 (resized).jpgIMG_7696 (resized).jpg

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from Jo4114:

It's clear plastic so this is the best I could do...hopefully you can see the lines well enough to draw them in...

Cheers! I should be able to map that on to what I've still got to make it work.

#274 6 years ago

Finally set up my Radical Flyer deck. It's pretty darn close. Thanks to blkdog7 from John's Arcade for posting the graphic! Now it's time to make it a topper.

Radical Deck (resized).JPGRadical Deck (resized).JPG

Radical Flyer (resized).jpgRadical Flyer (resized).jpg

#275 6 years ago

Hey does anyone know where I can get this wire gate?

003 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg

#276 6 years ago

Hey does anyone know where to get this wire gate??
Any tips,greatly appreciated.

003 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Hey does anyone know where to get this wire gate??
Any tips,greatly appreciated.

Check marco maybe they have it

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Check marco maybe they have it

Sold out, but thanks anyway
Anyone have a spare??

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Sold out, but thanks anyway
Anyone have a spare??

I check the diameter of the wire in an existing gate, go to my local welding supplier and purchase a stainless steel TIG welding rod in the appropriate diameter. I might have some left over from last time, I could make a copy of the gate tomorrow and post it down of you want?

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I check the diameter of the wire in an existing gate, go to my local welding supplier and purchase a stainless steel TIG welding rod in the appropriate diameter. I might have some left over from last time, I could make a copy of the gate tomorrow and post it down of you want?

That would be unreal,many thanks

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Another pic of the wire gate

013 (resized).jpg013 (resized).jpg

#282 6 years ago

Just had the playfield touched up and clearcoated.

026 (resized).jpg026 (resized).jpg

025 (resized).jpg025 (resized).jpg

028 (resized).jpg028 (resized).jpg

085 (resized).jpg085 (resized).jpg

#283 6 years ago

looks great! Gonna play so amazingly FAST! Be sure to protect your ramps and plastics since balls will be moving much quicker!

#284 6 years ago

That looks pretty sweet, but there's no shoot again decal?

20171211_113632 (resized).jpg20171211_113632 (resized).jpg

#285 6 years ago

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh RADICAL clear coat

#286 6 years ago

I second this

#287 6 years ago

Here is my latest pic of my Radical

20170528_162440 (resized).jpg20170528_162440 (resized).jpg

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

That looks pretty sweet, but there's no shoot again decal?

Bugger,can fix

#290 6 years ago

Looks awesome, great job
Great to see some interest in this great pin.
The powder coating rocks

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Looks awesome, great job
Great to see some interest in this great pin.
The powder coating rocks

Thanks.
The color is atomic orange.It matches the orange on the decals perfect.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Here is my latest pic of my Radical

Can you post those instruction cards? Thanks

#293 6 years ago

I need ramps as well and hope someday the playfield get done.

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Radical 1 (resized).jpgRadical 1 (resized).jpg

Radical 2 (resized).jpgRadical 2 (resized).jpg

#295 6 years ago

Thanks Oldskool. I actually have those. Elevatorman has a different free play card with a yellow skateboard that looks pretty cool.

#296 6 years ago

well, came up with a solution.
Decided to customize her.

010 (resized).jpg010 (resized).jpg

011 (resized).jpg011 (resized).jpg

012 (resized).jpg012 (resized).jpg

013 (resized).jpg013 (resized).jpg

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Fantastic work

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

That looks the duck's nuts. Well done.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mark, Freeplay40 here on pinside makes ramps and has made a great vacuum forming machine and has the skill down... he should be the guy to contact to repro these ramps... problem is getting him ramps to make forms, and the size of the ramps, and of course the desirability of the ramps

I talked to him in person about this roughly a year ago. He said that his current ramp todo list was impossibly long, and Radical (intentionally) wasn't anywhere on it.

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Here you go sir.

Radical Pricing (resized).jpgRadical Pricing (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.