20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg
There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 6 years ago

Any Radical! owners looking for a Tron Pro?

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

What size rubber do people have at the start of the top left ramp, below the top left flipper, facing the jet bumpers?

The manual says 1 1/2", but unless it's doubled up or something, that'd just flop around?

I'll let you know, just about to swap rubbers out here. I can say that I ordered superband rings according to the manual specifications, and the manual listed the bottom left sling as 2.5" which worked great, but it listed the bottom right as 2" which was waaay too tight and kept my sling switch from activating. I put another 2.5" on and it worked great. I'm going to just order a selection of white superband rings because apparently the manuals lie

#153 6 years ago

hello Radical Fans!

i also got this pin but it's playfield is in terribe condition (many regions i see the wood)
i think the only way is to fill the bad regions and make playfield overlays.

so i am searching for scans of the playfield and hope i can get much enough to repair my playfield..

best regards

Mike

#154 6 years ago

Hey guys! finally found a Radical
Been looking for almost 2 years and just brought it home today.

It's in great condition, however the RADICAL letters inserts have some wear but the playfield is mint. Also I have a hair line crack on one of the ramp, but its still very solid. One of the plastic has a corner broken but thats about it.

I also have some scanning equipment, large Roland printer/cutter and laminator here. I do mostly arcade game restoration graphics as hobby on the side. I have around 30-40 arcade machines.

I was wondering if anyone have a photo or source image for those inserts? I saw that someone had them re-printed them too.

By the way I have been skateboarding for over 25 years, I attached a picture of the Bones Brigade signed board that will be hanged over the pinball. I have a Bally Skateball to go beside it as well with a Jay Adams signed Zflex

IMG_5316 (resized).JPGIMG_5316 (resized).JPG

IMG_5319 (resized).JPGIMG_5319 (resized).JPG

18424122_10154666010917684_5794228723984019329_n (resized).jpg18424122_10154666010917684_5794228723984019329_n (resized).jpg

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

i made insert decals for my radical, and i have few decals sets more, if somebody need it, let me know.

Are those stickers still available? or can you share the source file so I can reprint them?
Thanks!

#156 6 years ago

psychopat Awesome score man! Welcome to the family ^_^

#157 6 years ago

Here is the final product on the inner cab decal.
You will phobably be able to choose with or without RADICAL

IMG_6376 (resized).JPGIMG_6376 (resized).JPG

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Damn those look great. Sign me up for a set.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

interested as well. let me know if you need a place to print them, I can help.

#160 6 years ago

Hey guys, here's a better look at my playfield.

Most of my inserts have wear: I managed to find a sticker set with outline like the original ones, thanks to vbobrusev

Some of the ramps have hair line cracks on the side etc.: Do you recommend reinforcing them to prevent further cracking? I was thinking to do a clean overlay over the cracked area from the exterior using clear epoxy glue. Could tape both side, patch it and untape so I leave a clean edge on the patch. Good idea?

My plastic from the left flipper, the top and bottom part is missing: Does anyone have a scan of it? Would love to make a reproduction piece. I assume a plastic shop should be able to laser cut the plastic, I can reverse print the artwork and stick it under so it looks completely stock.

I believe I dont have the original flippers, apparently those are the same size however the original ones have lines on them. Any one knows the part number or where to get those?

I would like to buy an LED conversion kit, is there a company you guys recommend to buy it from? I seen Todd's video (TNT amusements), one of their Radical was converted to LED and he used color changers in the bumpers. it looked pretty sweet!

Thanks!
Pat

IMG_5347 (resized).JPGIMG_5347 (resized).JPG

IMG_5348 (resized).JPGIMG_5348 (resized).JPG

IMG_5349 (resized).JPGIMG_5349 (resized).JPG

IMG_5350 (resized).JPGIMG_5350 (resized).JPG

IMG_5351 (resized).JPGIMG_5351 (resized).JPG

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

I believe I dont have the original flippers, apparently those are the same size however the original ones have lines on them. Any one knows the part number or where to get those?

The ribbed flippers are slightly longer, 9/64" or something. Cheapest place I could track them down in yellow was Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-6

Quoted from psychopat:

My plastic from the left flipper, the top and bottom part is missing: Does anyone have a scan of it? Would love to make a reproduction piece. I assume a plastic shop should be able to laser cut the plastic, I can reverse print the artwork and stick it under so it looks completely stock.

I posted a scan of my slingshot plastics a few pages back, but from memory I'm also missing the very top edge of the left slingshot. [edit: yes I am, and I scanned it upside down for some reason: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/2#post-3633076 ]

I'd love a scan of the purple and orange plastic between the two left jet bumpers. A scan of the lip on the vertical ramp would be good too.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Doood! Those without the radical letters are pretty cool, still want to see them on a game

#163 6 years ago

I'll keep you posted on the inner cab decals when they are ready.

1 week later
#164 6 years ago

Here's some titan rubber for your viewing pleasure!

IMG_1519 (resized).JPGIMG_1519 (resized).JPG
IMG_1518 (resized).JPGIMG_1518 (resized).JPG

IMG_1520 (resized).JPGIMG_1520 (resized).JPG

IMG_1516 (resized).JPGIMG_1516 (resized).JPG

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Isn't the post right of the snake drop targets supposed to be a fat one? Does it change the shots up there much when it's a narrower rubber?

#166 6 years ago

I dont recall, but I honestly cannot hit that Snake Run shot to save my life! Thinking about taking another post out lol

#167 6 years ago

Hey, I also notice you have a guide rail on the right outlane between the post and the exit of the shooter lane. I can't see it in the pics on IPDB for instance, but quite a few shots in the gallery have it. Was this an operator adjustable thing? Given the European version defaults to harder rules, was it not present on those tables?

[edit: Just went and looked and sure enough, I've got holes there, but there's no rail. ]

#168 6 years ago

The Radical is complete and restored.
Top Score Gamerooms here south of St. Louis in Festus Missouri did all the work for me.
They did a fantastic job with new decals, powder coatong,and a complete playfield teardown and restore.
It plays awesome.I love this game.

20170528_162440 (resized).jpg20170528_162440 (resized).jpg

#169 6 years ago

The powder coat is a perfect match on the decal orange.

20170528_162412 (resized).jpg20170528_162412 (resized).jpg

#170 6 years ago

Looks great!

Can u share the cost? Pm would be great if u don't want it public.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The painted hex spacers are a nice touch.

#172 6 years ago

Dang dude, now I want them to restore my Radical too haha. Looks awesome!! Are the new decals custom made?

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Dang dude, now I want them to restore my Radical too haha. Looks awesome!! Are the new decals custom made?

The decals are from retro refurbishing.
They are nice high quality decals.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

The painted hex spacers are a nice touch.

Thanks. Had fun with this one!

#175 6 years ago

ebay.com link: ws

Somebody need this keychains? Contact thru PM = -10% off

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

ebay.com link
Somebody need this keychains? Contact thru PM = -10% off

Link didn't work for me

#177 6 years ago

Item id 272696790064
IMG_7877 (resized).jpgIMG_7877 (resized).jpg

#178 6 years ago

Has anyone installed a Pinsound board?

#179 6 years ago

I'm looking to make a keychain for Radical too, but want it to look like the original pinball flyer. Going to try ordering some cheapo's off Amazon and see how they go. I just picked up a few pins that came with something similar, and they look good although could be a bit higher res on one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CE2Q1B4/

DEBBAE76-A59D-4C2A-AD61-4771BC070D07 (resized).JPGDEBBAE76-A59D-4C2A-AD61-4771BC070D07 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#180 6 years ago

Here are the RADICAL side blades.The blue matches the cab artwork about perfect.The other artwork looks nice and colorful like the playfield.
I believe you'll be able to purchase these with or without the RADICAL wording.
I'll get pics of them installed when I get some time this weekend.
The graphic designer of these will be posting details here

20170613_205754 (resized).jpg20170613_205754 (resized).jpg

#181 6 years ago

Why did they not match the font?

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What are you talking about?

#183 6 years ago

IMG_3077 (resized).PNGIMG_3077 (resized).PNG

#184 6 years ago

I like the skaters and the Skate or Die text on those graphics

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The font looks out of place, I'm guessing that's why he's offering them without the "radical" word

Also... the skate or die font would look more true if the font to it matched also, otherwise the art looks cool and I may get a set soon

1 week later
#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I'll let you know, just about to swap rubbers out here.

How'd you go?

1 week later
#188 6 years ago

Finally! I made it! I have few full sets for Radical Pinball. On pics you can see how it looks like. but it looks so good. i don't matched it yet with original but it looks really really cool. Let me know if somebody need it, i have few sets for sale. It can sold by parts, but full sets in priority. Hope everybody who ordered insert decals, already got new UV printed decals for inserts. i am already aplied mine on inserts and will start restore playfield soon. Also i have cabinet decals, but not printed yet... So if somebody need something. let me know thru direct messages.

Peace!
IMG_8029 (resized).jpgIMG_8029 (resized).jpgIMG_8033 (resized).jpgIMG_8033 (resized).jpgIMG_8034 (resized).jpgIMG_8034 (resized).jpgIMG_8032 (resized).jpgIMG_8032 (resized).jpgIMG_8030 (resized).jpgIMG_8030 (resized).jpgIMG_8031 (resized).jpgIMG_8031 (resized).jpg

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Finally! I made it! I have few full sets for Radical Pinball. On pics you can see how it looks like. but it looks so good. i don't matched it yet with original but it looks really really cool. Let me know if somebody need it, i have few sets for sale. It can sold by parts, but full sets in priority. Hope everybody who ordered insert decals, already got new UV printed decals for inserts. i am already aplied mine on inserts and will start restore playfield soon. Also i have cabinet decals, but not printed yet... So if somebody need something. let me know thru direct messages.
Peace!

Wow , very nice!

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Peace!

They look amazing!

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Love your mods man! it looks awesome!
Which bumper caps are those?

I wanted to put mirrored side blade in mine , was just not sure if anyone makes it for this cabinet.

4 weeks later
#192 6 years ago

I have finally found a great Radical! and am stoked to join this post!

IMG_4044 (resized).JPGIMG_4044 (resized).JPG

#193 6 years ago

When do you start shipping sets?

I think when we started this you were looking for interest on the skill shot plastic and the slings.

Chris

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

skill shot plastic

Which plastic is the skill shot plastic? The top left ramp is the skill shot isn't it?

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

When do you start shipping sets?
I think when we started this you were looking for interest on the skill shot plastic and the slings.
Chris

I sent a few sets already. Let me know if you need something

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I have finally found a great Radical! and am stoked to join this post!

Congrats man!!!

1 week later
#197 6 years ago

Has anyone made cool toppers for their Radical!? If so, please post some pics

#198 6 years ago

I've been wanting a Radical Skateboard to use as a topper, maybe one will surface one day!

I've also thought that a tech deck model with skateboard figures mocked up mid-trick would be cool

#199 6 years ago

Have an uninstalled Retrorefurb translite. PM if interested

#200 6 years ago

I have joined the club. Picked up a pretty dirty Radical! the other day, it should clean up nice. Had a bunch of switchs and selonoids not working, got most of that taken care of. My skateboard diver tor piece is broke in half and only one half remains so the X diver-tor does not work. Any chance anyone has one of these? Or can someone draw me a template out of an existing one?

Anyone with extra plastics to sell? I am missing a few.

Cant wait to get this game up and running good, looks really fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/4?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.