20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg
There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 23.
#51 7 years ago

He has seen pics, but here they are for everyone else. For some reason imgur is screwing up so going with postimage : https://postimg.org/gallery/1i2dpmd80/6cdd2996/

Left display is outgassing and needs replacement. Everything works and although dirty plays well. Not claiming this is ever going to be mint. I just don't see a rare running machine being half the value of an average one.

#52 7 years ago

In no way does the price he paid have an impact on what it's worth. Also, that's why I don't score and tell, especially on Pinisde.

Quoted from Whysnow:

He was picking it up for much cheaper so I was offering him the quick flip where he could turn and burn with a heafty profit and no risk/time.

#53 7 years ago

Spend 10-15 hours on it and it's a $2,200 game easy.

At $1,450 (the $1,200 you want to pay and $250 for new displays) and 12 hours that's $62.50 per hour. I wish I could make that fixing up my games. You just aren't going to find this game for what you want to pay unless you are really really lucky.

I think you blew it, no way I'd sell that example for $1,500. $1,500 is an extremely fair deal.... too fair in my opinion.

Quoted from dung:

He has seen pics, but here they are for everyone else. For some reason imgur is screwing up so going with postimage : https://postimg.org/gallery/1i2dpmd80/6cdd2996/
Left display is outgassing and needs replacement. Everything works and although dirty plays well. Not claiming this is ever going to be mint. I just don't see a rare running machine being half the value of an average one

#54 7 years ago

That machine is heavily worn, sure, but don't think I would describe the ramps as blown. That machine will totally fix up and play, for the right person willing to give it some love and care and time (and money).

Don't hate on someone making a lowball offer though, I've made some myself and I'm not a bad person. It's just a friendly offer to sell at a price someone may not be interested in. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. No need to fight over it though.

#55 7 years ago

Let's get this thread back on Radical topics... What's your high scores looking like? I'm only at about 11mil so far.

#56 7 years ago

Rottendog are 150, Pinscore are not even 250 so its easier than that.

Sadly, after taking that picture I looked over my new one closely. The back left ramp is melted, badly. The guy who sold it to me thought that is just how it was designed and was not easy to see from the pictures I was sent. 6-7 friends looked at this before I got it and no one caught it. He is offering to track down a replacement or have it made, but that offer is a check he can't cash. Trying to figure out what cash value between the TFTC he took from me that was fully working/playable and a radical with a hosed ramp.

It isn't all bad though. In a unique position here. I have a rivet press and I have a ramp that although it has a crack, is intact. I am thinking I can make a buck using bondo. Then warm melted ramp using boiling water, oven, or small torch. Reshape the ramp over the buck. Just a whole lotta work and a lot of risk.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It isn't all bad though. In a unique position here. I have a rivet press and I have a ramp that although it has a crack, is intact. I am thinking I can make a buck using bondo. Then warm melted ramp using boiling water, oven, or small torch. Reshape the ramp over the buck. Just a whole lotta work and a lot of risk.

I'm going to try reproducing some other pin plastics (Road Kings) with the vacuum forming process I found out about on Pinside. Maybe time to give that a shot for your ramp? The Radical ramps do seem a bit thicker than some other ramps I've seem, so would likely need to tweak the temperature/timing accordingly.

Also, what has your experience been with the Rottendog replacement boards? Is it worth replacing working boards with those to make sure the system is more bulletproof?

#58 7 years ago

If the originals work, don't. To me the originals are easier to work on simply because there is a long history of others troubleshooting them. Rottendogs are not a bad option if your original is beyond saving and you want something reliable in the short term. Long term, they will fail like any other board, but there is less info on fixing them.

In terms of displays? The pinscore look a hair bit nicer as the rotten dogs do not have a good foam surround when you buy them. Some people look down on rottendog's displays, but I know of numerous ones that have been running fine for years.

I had been debating doing some vacuum forming down the road in general, but probably a bit too early for this. There are several makerspaces here. One of which is 20 mins away and has vacuum formers. Trial membership is only 65 and I thought that would be something new to try once I get settled with my collection/stop flipping machines. Still need to check if they have a laser cutter to create the ramp flaps.

Problem is I just cannot see myself doing it commercially. A commercial membership is 1k for a year (only option). Then add in materials and loss from making the first few failures. I would spend numerous hours just trying to break even. From a time/fun/money aspect I would be better off flipping machines.

In terms of working with the radical ramps, the edges are pretty thick. I boiled the corner of my melted one as a test earlier today. Just held it in the water and gradualy worked up how long I held it in for. It became pliable fairly easily. The downside is that it also wanted to curl as it melted which leads me to believe I might have to make an inside and outside mold to fix it right.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Don't hate on someone making a lowball offer though

just want to be clear here that I in no way made a low ball offer. He wanted 1500, I offered 1200.

I was not provided the photos and it was sight unseen offer from me with the description being worse than it appears.

#60 7 years ago

I am not here to argue with you whysnow.

You saw the photos. I offered to trade you for that "firewood" dr who plus 500 if we met halfway. You told me it would clean up, but that 3 hours each way was "too far". This is the same dr who that you posted a price check on the forums for (missing boards, missing parts, head not attatched, pf wear, etc).

In the end its all fine and dandy. I just have gotten tired of you posting for me to sell you it or in the case of the second to give you the name of the guy who had it. Joke or not it is really grating when you had the opportunity and refused.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I had been debating doing some vacuum forming down the road in general, but probably a bit too early for this. There are several makerspaces here. One of which is 20 mins away and has vacuum formers. Trial membership is only 65 and I thought that would be something new to try once I get settled with my collection/stop flipping machines. Still need to check if they have a laser cutter to create the ramp flaps.
Problem is I just cannot see myself doing it commercially. A commercial membership is 1k for a year (only option). Then add in materials and loss from making the first few failures. I would spend numerous hours just trying to break even. From a time/fun/money aspect I would be better off flipping machines.
In terms of working with the radical ramps, the edges are pretty thick. I boiled the corner of my melted one as a test earlier today. Just held it in the water and gradualy worked up how long I held it in for. It became pliable fairly easily. The downside is that it also wanted to curl as it melted which leads me to believe I might have to make an inside and outside mold to fix it right.

I'm going to be buying my own house here soon which means I will have the entire garage for my workshop. I like maker/hackerspaces, but don't see why I won't be able to do it all in house. Granted, MUCH easier said than done But for the love of pinball, I have to try

Thanks for the tip on the rottendog boards too, bro!

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I'm going to be buying my own house here soon which means I will have the entire garage for my workshop. I like maker/hackerspaces, but don't see why I won't be able to do it all in house. Granted, MUCH easier said than done But for the love of pinball, I have to try
Thanks for the tip on the rottendog boards too, bro!

So long as I stay with my gf I am stuck moving every year for the next three years while she finishes her phd in pysch and gets licensed. Besides, cost is te other reason the maker space is much more alluring. Laser cutters are not cheap.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I'm not so worried about adding the third sling kicker back, but would love to put a VUK back in. Any idea where I could find the right parts at? The actual VUK part sounds like something multiple pinball machines would use, but the metal ball guide where it comes out on top would likely be Radical specific. Anything below the playfield like mounts or ball subway, I think I could fabricate.

The wireform is game specific to Radical. I used one from a DM, which was close enough. Marco has them.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from tdddddd:

The wireform is game specific to Radical. I used one from a DM, which was close enough. Marco has them.

Is it this?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7166B

#65 7 years ago
1 week later
#66 7 years ago

I found another radical in a storage building, the body looks good, no fade on cab. It boots and plays, no acid damage.

Ramps look good, no Mylar , broken rubber everywhere and black ball marks cover the entire playfield. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

Any ideas on what I should offer?

#67 7 years ago

I'd offer $1,200.

But I wouldn't sell it for that. Once you boot it up and verify a few things like displays and it's complete it's probably worth $1,800.

Could be worth $2,500+ if shopped out.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I found another radical in a storage building, the body looks good, no fade on cab. It boots and plays, no acid damage.
Ramps look good, no Mylar , broken rubber everywhere and black ball marks cover the entire playfield. Dirty, dirty, dirty.
Any ideas on what I should offer?

#68 7 years ago

Chosen_S looks like you already have a Radical in your collection, so I'd only buy it if it made sense financially. Then again, a backup set of plastics, ramps and boards might be important depending on how much you love the game =)

#69 7 years ago

ThAnk you guys, maybe soon I'll be the owner of 2 of the best pin in the world !

#70 7 years ago

Depends on the seller, but I'd start at 1200. IF he refuses at least he knows you are serious.

2 months later
#71 7 years ago

anybody know where i can buy silver sticky stripes on speaker grill?

#72 7 years ago

I think this is the stuff I used on several Bally speaker grills. It isn't EXACTLY the same width but very close. If you do both you are golden.
ebay.com link: itm

#74 7 years ago

Finally landed this beauty, I'm sure there's very few out there. Thanks again sleazbay!

IMG_3847 (resized).JPGIMG_3847 (resized).JPG

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Finally landed this beauty, I'm sure there's very few out there. Thanks again sleazbay!

congrats!

If you want to sell me your old one once you do the swap, LMK.

Happy to pay the same price.

#76 7 years ago

I want in the club dude . Anyone selling?

#77 7 years ago

Scan that play field please and share the wealth!

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats!
If you want to sell me your old one once you do the swap, LMK.
Happy to pay the same price.

My pf is in way better shape, this will need quite a bit of work and a sticker sheet (which we all know does not exist)

Quoted from oldskool1969:

Scan that play field please and share the wealth!

Anyone got a scanner!? Or a good method?
I already bought a $60 defective one from a con artist

2 weeks later
#79 7 years ago

My radical waiting for restore )))image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#80 7 years ago

Did a volcano explode on it?

#82 7 years ago

It's cleaner than some of the games I've seen advertised as shopped on pinside.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My pf is in way better shape, this will need quite a bit of work and a sticker sheet (which we all know does not exist)

Anyone got a scanner!? Or a good method?
I already bought a $60 defective one from a con artist

Feel your pain. My non dp radical has a fully mylar so no wear down there. My dp did not and as such has several blown out inserts. Hoping to send it to kruzman some day.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

My radical waiting for restore )))

Looks like you need to get a pressure sprayer out

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Let's get this thread back on Radical topics... What's your high scores looking like? I'm only at about 11mil so far.

60d69823991075070d9f748c7f12843079ab3a27 (resized).jpg60d69823991075070d9f748c7f12843079ab3a27 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#86 7 years ago

somebody can scan for me left and right slingshot plastics?

1 week later
#87 7 years ago

Epic score Leon!!

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Epic score Leon!!

Thanks! That was on location. Jackpot fixed at 5 million, ebs on.

#89 7 years ago

Clean playfield without mylar and inserts... ready for touch up
IMG_7196 (resized).jpgIMG_7196 (resized).jpg

#90 7 years ago

I wouldn't mind one of these someday. Dark wing wink wink

4 weeks later
#91 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

somebody can scan for me left and right slingshot plastics?

My left one is missing the very top edge, but the right is complete. Is that good enough?

Do people just post pictures here or is that frowned upon?

#92 7 years ago

Please scan both if its possible

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Thanks! That was on location. Jackpot fixed at 5 million, ebs on.

I wish my rom was set for the 5mil reward. I like running something closer to "tournament mode" on my games.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Please scan both if its possible

I haven't got around to cleaning these yet. Let me know if that's not good enough or you need higher res.

radical_slingshot_plastics.pngradical_slingshot_plastics.png

#95 7 years ago

CPR needs to do both play fields and plastics for this absolute rip snorter of a game.
My left testicle I will lose if this happens to pay for it

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

ajfclark Thanks

No worries. I have a higher res version if you need it?

I'm after a scan of the small plastic between the two left jet bumpers.

#98 7 years ago

The theme of this game is awesome but my question would be how fun is the gameplay? I've never had the luck of seeing one of these in person. I've also not been a fan of the Bally games in and around the year this was made.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The theme of this game is awesome but my question would be how fun is the gameplay? I've never had the luck of seeing one of these in person. I've also not been a fan of the Bally games in and around the year this was made.

As there are not many around you may not get the chance to play unfortunately
But it is an absolute blast to play. Look at IPDB and read comments, there are also good video's around if you google it
SKATE OR DIE

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I think Radical! plays quite well.

Things I like:
- I really like that a lot of the loop and ramp shots feed into others but there's enough uncontrolled shots required to keep things interesting.
- Some of the shots are reasonably easy and others (like lighting the R and I in RADICAL) are far tricker. That variety is good, and there's always the Spot Letter target if someone playing really, really can't get one of the shots.
- I like that there's a few different things you can do with the skill shot, like topping the left ramp and coming back down lighting two letters (is that a bug BTW?), depending on what you've already got lit.
- The ability to 'steal' another player's multiball.
- It's pretty fast without being insane. My opinion on that might change when I reassemble the table now I've cleaned it though.

Things I don't like:
- I don't like how frequent the "Skate or Die" sample plays during skate or die mode.
- The random Mega Millions jackpot. You can play an awesome game, get three jackpots and only get 15 million or have an average game, hit one jackpot and score 15 million. Maybe there's some logic to the amount of the jackpot that I don't understand, but it feels like the range should at least be less or fixed or directly related to game play (eg. count down the jackpot from 10 million to 3 million once multiball starts).
- I don't like that the right guide on the shooter lane defaults to being behind the rubber on the post, 99% of the time resulting in a smothered skill shot. It can be adjusted to miss the post, but seems to go back behind the post over time.
- Likewise the top loop's outside edge on the left exit; if carefully adjusted you can get a really nice loop and feed onto the top left flipper, but it seems to drift a bit. Once it's too wide, the ball starts hitting the post results in either a straight drain or hitting the jet bumpers rather than feeding the top left flipper. I hope I find once I reassemble the table I've got that it holds those two adjustments better.

I've seen a few weird bugs in the snake ball lock code and the Hit The Snake Run mode that ends up releasing both balls but not realising that it has so ends the game when the first one drains.

I think it's sad the VUK got dropped from production. The Snake Run being a target rather than a ramp doesn't really make sense when it says "Skate the Snake Run!". I suspect the third kicker that was dropped would also make things a bit more exciting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.