20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg
There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Looks good!
Looks like your machine is also missing the one-way swing gate at the shooter lane exit. I used Marco's part #12-6802. I can't understand why every Radical I see seems to be missing that gate.

Ha. Mine’s missing. Thanks for the part intell.

#852 2 years ago

I got the Diamond Plate Radical in hand. I noticed a few things between these two. The speaker grille for one. On the DP Radical, the chrome trim is thinner and Bally logo is higher.

IMG_8427 (resized).jpgIMG_8427 (resized).jpgIMG_8428 (resized).jpgIMG_8428 (resized).jpg
#853 2 years ago

Also, these two plastics are on the Diamond Plate game and not on my other Radical. I think they are just an early run thing versus a Diamond Plate only thing.

IMG_8430 (resized).jpgIMG_8430 (resized).jpgIMG_8431 (resized).jpgIMG_8431 (resized).jpg

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Also, these two plastics are on the Diamond Plate game and not on my other Radical. I think they are just an early run thing versus a Diamond Plate only thing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Skater plastic prevents ball traps against the VUK wireform.
See if there is hole routed through the backboard behind the other plastic.
Check for a metal post to the left of the lower target bank. This was added at some point.

#855 2 years ago

Interesting, my radical has those two plastics as well as the high Bally logo on the speaker grill but no diamond plate on the field. My play field does have the holes for the VUK tho.

Also, I just checked my serial number. 430110 here. Which lines up with the assumption that the first 100 produced had the diamond plate

1 week later
#856 2 years ago

To me the VUK really makes sense for the theme of this game. I do wonder why it was scraped when it came to production? My guess is that they estimated it would wear out ramps fast from ball being thrown around during play. Still it would have been an awesome addition the playfield IMO.

The only negative with adding it to the game is that the new ROMs from Soren will not work, and these ROMs correct some bugs and take the random nature out of the mega million and snake run.

Break break break

One question I do have for those of you with the Soren ROM, is regarding the tailslider ramp and the awarding of the Bust-A-Move ramp credits (awarding I and 1 Million (when lit)). Original ROM would divert you on a random number of consecutive tailslides, and would award credit as if you hit the Bust-A-Move ramp. Under the Soren ROM, you will get diverted, but receive nothing for it. It serves as a means of stopping consecutive tailslides.

Now I can understand this behavior, as perhaps this is considered preventing the cheap scoring of Bust-A-Move credit, but I didn't see this explicitly mentioned in the ROM changes.

So my question for you with the Soren ROM is if you are seeing similar behavior?

Thanks!

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

To me the VUK really makes sense for the theme of this game. I do wonder why it was scraped when it came to production? My guess is that they estimated it would wear out ramps fast from ball being thrown around during play. Still it would have been an awesome addition the playfield IMO.
The only negative with adding it to the game is that the new ROMs from Soren will not work, and these ROMs correct some bugs and take the random nature out of the mega million and snake run.
Break break break
One question I do have for those of you with the Soren ROM, is regarding the tailslider ramp and the awarding of the Bust-A-Move ramp credits (awarding I and 1 Million (when lit)). Original ROM would divert you on a random number of consecutive tailslides, and would award credit as if you hit the Bust-A-Move ramp. Under the Soren ROM, you will get diverted, but receive nothing for it. It serves as a means of stopping consecutive tailslides.
Now I can understand this behavior, as perhaps this is considered preventing the cheap scoring of Bust-A-Move credit, but I didn't see this explicitly mentioned in the ROM changes.
So my question for you with the Soren ROM is if you are seeing similar behavior?
Thanks!

Other than spelling radical and locking balls, I have no idea what does what. Like how to light the tail-slider or the million dollar shot. I lit special once but no idea how.

#858 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Other than spelling radical and locking balls, I have no idea what does what. Like how to light the tail-slider or the million dollar shot. I lit special once but no idea how.

Anyone have some instruction cards to sell this fellow

#859 2 years ago

The rule sheet is available at ipdb.org

2 weeks later
#860 2 years ago

Question for the folks that have bought the plastic set from the guy on ebay in Russia. How long did it take to get to the US after it was shipped? My package shipped July 12th
Estimated shows by Aug 30.
I've had plenty of out of country stuff arrive before the estimated date but I've never ordered from Russia before I don't think. Trying to gauge if I can have the pin ready by Aug 20th with the new plastics for the Atlanta SFGE, show it's going to be in the tournament. Is roughly 6 weeks a possibility or usually not happening?

#861 2 years ago

Anyone here interested in joining/creating a team to do a MPF rewrite of the original code?

#862 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Question for the folks that have bought the plastic set from the guy on ebay in Russia. How long did it take to get to the US after it was shipped? My package shipped July 12th
Estimated shows by Aug 30.
I've had plenty of out of country stuff arrive before the estimated date but I've never ordered from Russia before I don't think. Trying to gauge if I can have the pin ready by Aug 20th with the new plastics for the Atlanta SFGE, show it's going to be in the tournament. Is roughly 6 weeks a possibility or usually not happening?

It takes a solid month at least, at least that’s been my experience from Russia and China recently

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Anyone here interested in joining/creating a team to do a MPF rewrite of the original code?

I have no skills to help with this but I’d love to see some deeper code on the game.

#864 2 years ago

Got my radical back from polishing!

20210801_152651 (resized).jpg20210801_152651 (resized).jpg20210801_152919 (resized).jpg20210801_152919 (resized).jpg
#865 2 years ago

Getting closer..

20210801_194605 (resized).jpg20210801_194605 (resized).jpg
#866 2 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Software guy here and I would be interested, but it would be nice to get the existing code base from someone as that will greatly improve the speed at which this can be accomplished.

#867 2 years ago

Deciddd on purple and orange jet- bumpers.

20210805_180441 (resized).jpg20210805_180441 (resized).jpg
#868 2 years ago

Got it into the cabinet yesterday. Starring to re-wire it.

20210811_212019 (resized).jpg20210811_212019 (resized).jpg
#869 2 years ago

In case anyone is wondering, commonly missing shooter lane ball gate wire is Marco Wire gate #12-6731.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6731

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#870 2 years ago

In the club. Can’t wait to put some time on this wacky pin. Its machine #33 with diamond plate pf.

What were some of things to look for? Cutouts for a vuk?

11990BD4-B39B-47D6-A97C-2F8FC6899506 (resized).jpeg11990BD4-B39B-47D6-A97C-2F8FC6899506 (resized).jpeg2E6CE565-56E2-4727-8051-EFFF39DD3236 (resized).jpeg2E6CE565-56E2-4727-8051-EFFF39DD3236 (resized).jpeg42A1099C-5305-46E4-9E49-8F1EC8AA7373 (resized).jpeg42A1099C-5305-46E4-9E49-8F1EC8AA7373 (resized).jpeg8F9BFCA4-4CBA-4620-8079-B643A15719B8 (resized).jpeg8F9BFCA4-4CBA-4620-8079-B643A15719B8 (resized).jpegAEAF58AB-543C-4896-97C4-7F28D010641F (resized).jpegAEAF58AB-543C-4896-97C4-7F28D010641F (resized).jpegF342484D-2B04-40E8-90A4-0F7727036B58 (resized).jpegF342484D-2B04-40E8-90A4-0F7727036B58 (resized).jpeg
#871 2 years ago

I'm looking for a Diamondplate Radical if anyone is selling anytime soon

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

What were some of things to look for? Cutouts for a vuk?

Looks like your cover for the VUK is mounted backwards...

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

In the club. Can’t wait to put some time on this wacky pin. Its machine #33 with diamond plate pf.
What were some of things to look for? Cutouts for a vuk?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey @Sethman, Welcome to the club! Excellent that you found a DP Radical. As you said, the earlier prototype run seem to have the cutouts in the top left corner of the playfield for the VUK, but it appears yours is missing the hardware. Take a look below where "Bust a Move" is printed on the playfield...the early pins also had a kicker mounted there, and later it was removed and replaced with star posts and a rubber stretching across where it went.

There is a prototype ROM that works with some of this early hardware...and I really like the idea of adding the VUK into my own game...but honestly the recent Soren ROM release that was made available greatly balances the scoring of the game. I would much rather have the new ROM features then have to use the old Proto ROMs.

So yeah, def get that new Soren ROM and you'll be happy. Congrats again!

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looks like your cover for the VUK is mounted backwards...

I’ll go look at this shortly. Thanks for the keen eye.

Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Hey Sethman, Welcome to the club! Excellent that you found a DP Radical. As you said, the earlier prototype run seem to have the cutouts in the top left corner of the playfield for the VUK, but it appears yours is missing the hardware. Take a look below where "Bust a Move" is printed on the playfield...the early pins also had a kicker mounted there, and later it was removed and replaced with star posts and a rubber stretching across where it went.
There is a prototype ROM that works with some of this early hardware...and I really like the idea of adding the VUK into my own game...but honestly the recent Soren ROM release that was made available greatly balances the scoring of the game. I would much rather have the new ROM features then have to use the old Proto ROMs.
So yeah, def get that new Soren ROM and you'll be happy. Congrats again!

Thank you! Looks like I have a row of star posts where the kicker would’ve been. Agreed, Soren’s update with improved logic seems the way to go so will leave as is. Happy to be part of the crew here.

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

What were some of things to look for? Cutouts for a vuk?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like the one from Lake City. You could tell it was early production and had a nice field from the ad pics.
Look for a hole routed behind the plastic on the backboard, no metal post to the left of the lower drop target bank and no webbing on the X ramp.

Too bad we’ll never see the prototype features in the Soren updates. The sling code is already in the game and the VUK code is in other builds like Game Show and ES.

Welcome to the club 33!

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from tdddddd:

That looks like the one from Lake City. You could tell it was early production and had a nice field from the ad pics.
Look for a hole routed behind the plastic on the backboard, no metal post to the left of the lower drop target bank and no webbing on the X ramp.
Too bad we’ll never see the prototype features in the Soren updates. The sling code is already in the game and the VUK code is in other builds like Game Show and ES.
Welcome to the club 33!

Yea I had to keep it in Pa
So the missing slingshot, does production code / Soren’s code have logic to fire a slingshot there? Just won’t award points? I wouldn’t attempt the vuk, but working slingshot would nice.

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

So the missing slingshot, does production code / Soren’s code have logic to fire a slingshot there? Just won’t award points? I wouldn’t attempt the vuk, but working slingshot would nice.

I don't think so, but if you wanted you could just wire HV switches directly to the coil, like they used to on EMs? There was a thread somewhere about someone using a Gottlieb pop bumper control board too I think.

[Here's one pulling power directly from the MPU: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/started-my-radical-project-today#post-459234 ]

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Only the proto ROMs have the 3rd sling configured. It's a matter of adding a new switch to the code and associating it's closure to the sling_fire routine on a new solenoid. The sling_fire routine is already there supporting the 2 other slings. The sling code does a number of things - score points, play sound, fire coil. We know which coil and switch number to add. They're in the manual. From the proto ROMs we know the scoring and sounds generated by the third sling. It is the same as those associated with the lower slings.

A version which supports the third sling would be nice, but the user community for that is very small. It is the better of the 2 dropped features.

You can still move the flasher behind the backboard if you want. The harness should reach. PM me for details.

#879 2 years ago

Playing around. I’m thinking about making custom Rat Bones and Ripper decals. Powell style.

874DE36D-2738-4442-9101-57763E126575 (resized).jpeg874DE36D-2738-4442-9101-57763E126575 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#880 2 years ago

Got everything wired and booted up finally. Now just waiting for reproduction ramps.

20210921_215900 (resized).jpg20210921_215900 (resized).jpg
#881 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Playing around. I’m thinking about making custom Rat Bones and Ripper decals. Powell style.
[quoted image]

I can't figure this out. Regardless of whether the targets were led lit or not and with the interrupter tabs painted black, the targets would not register. Really strange. I put new black targets in and they work perfectly. I guess I'm sticking with opaque targets for now.

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Its machine #33 with diamond plate pf.

That's awesome!

It is downright criminal how every pin after the invention of diamond plating was not diamond plated. Your playfield is going to buff out real nice!

3 weeks later
#883 2 years ago

Tried one of these led jet bumper things. Lights the jetbumper as well as the cap.

20211011_125605 (resized).jpg20211011_125605 (resized).jpg
#884 2 years ago

Powell Peralta Ripper drops? I’m not sure it looks great at that size…maybe?

3448A67E-0576-44BE-BDA2-0CB0C3C1C0C8 (resized).jpeg3448A67E-0576-44BE-BDA2-0CB0C3C1C0C8 (resized).jpeg
#885 2 years ago

Pinball pop bumper led boar

Quoted from Clytor:

Powell Peralta Ripper drops? I’m not sure it looks great at that size…maybe?
[quoted image]

Looks ok to me. Or maybe use the original design as a background. Or enlarge it so that it forms a complete image when all drop targets are raised.

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Got everything wired and booted up finally. Now just waiting for reproduction ramps.
[quoted image]

Which ramps are you waiting for? Freeplay40 makes a few of them.

#887 2 years ago

Classic skate vid callout upgrade is underway for my Pinsound. Any music alteration is going to be a long term project. There are so many bits and pieces to it.

65B8A2F7-24ED-49DD-BB23-D09A648C2F41 (resized).jpeg65B8A2F7-24ED-49DD-BB23-D09A648C2F41 (resized).jpeg
#888 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Which ramps are you waiting for? Freeplay40 makes a few of them.

I need the lower left and lower right ramps plus the middle ramp with the divertor. Free-play has the lower left but I would rather buy them all three at same time.

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I need the lower left and lower right ramps plus the middle ramp with the divertor. Free-play has the lower left but I would rather buy them all three at same time.

Just about ready to cast the molds for the two piece "X" ramp and the upper right ramp....Upper left and the lower left (Vertical) ramp are available. Shooting for around the first of November for the new pieces.

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Classic skate vid callout upgrade is underway for my Pinsound. Any music alteration is going to be a long term project. There are so many bits and pieces to it.
[quoted image]

Stoked about what you’re doing, can’t wait to hear the production.

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just about ready to cast the molds for the two piece "X" ramp and the upper right ramp....Upper left and the lower left (Vertical) ramp are available. Shooting for around the first of November for the new pieces.

Great news.!

1 week later
#892 2 years ago

Successfully formed and hand finished 2 of the remaining 3 pieces for Radical today. Will be attempting the first form of the giant "X" ramp in the next day or two.

IMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1759 (resized).JPGIMG_1759 (resized).JPG
#893 2 years ago

Does anyone make decals for the ramps? Maybe something custom, I realize the original artwork is most likely copyrighted. The Radicals I’m working on are getting the Freeplay40 ramps but I can’t locate any new decals for them.

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Does anyone make decals for the ramps? Maybe something custom, I realize the original artwork is most likely copyrighted. The Radicals I’m working on are getting the Freeplay40 ramps but I can’t locate any new decals for them.

Rick at Planetary helped me with the decals for the Comet center ramp, but I doubt there will be anywhere near the demand for the Radical ramps. That said I know that the decals on the donor ramps I was loaned were barely staying on the ramps, so careful removal with something like Goo-Gone and they could be reapplied to the new ramps. 3M 467MP decal transfer tape can be use to affix new adhesive to the decals.

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Great news.!

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Rick at Planetary helped me with the decals for the Comet center ramp, but I doubt there will be anywhere near the demand for the Radical ramps. That said I know that the decals on the donor ramps I was loaned were barely staying on the ramps, so careful removal with something like Goo-Gone and they could be reapplied to the new ramps. 3M 467MP decal transfer tape can be use to affix new adhesive to the decals.

Air duster cans will remove them too. Same as removing mylar.

#896 2 years ago

A8AA4D98-D889-4DDD-9C7D-FEDB33FD2F5B (resized).jpegA8AA4D98-D889-4DDD-9C7D-FEDB33FD2F5B (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#897 2 years ago

OMG, Radical is the craziest sleeper pin for me, all new for me and i absolutley LOVE it, its fun from the getgo!

#898 2 years ago

I'm putting a radical back together for a friend. The middle man switch was missing. I found the bracket in a box of parts, but I couldn't remember if it was a one way gate that pushed the switch or if it was similar to a ramp switch that could move both ways. If anyone could take some photos that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

I'm putting a radical back together for a friend. The middle man switch was missing. I found the bracket in a box of parts, but I couldn't remember if it was a one way gate that pushed the switch or if it was similar to a ramp switch that could move both ways. If anyone could take some photos that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

both ways. And if possible close the switch both ways too, otherwise rollling back down through the gate triggers the right hand orbit's letter...

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

If you put a oneway gate in there, dont install glass because you will be un-stucking balls constantly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/18?hl=retrocengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.