20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg

There are 1,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 23.
#702 3 years ago

Stoked to join the club!

BD7CB10F-6B67-476F-AD38-7E5033306C95 (resized).jpegBD7CB10F-6B67-476F-AD38-7E5033306C95 (resized).jpeg
#703 3 years ago
Quoted from keanan_connell:

Stoked to join the club!
[quoted image]

There it is! Welcome aboard for some silver ball shredding.

#704 3 years ago

Woah hooah
Like Totally Rad!

3 weeks later
#705 3 years ago

So, this playfield has taken a few more coats, sandings, and touchups than I had previously thought. But, I wanted to get it level where the new insert decals are. Now, it is. I'm not worried about that little burn ring in the right white area as it was there before and you can't see it when assembled. A couple of the touchups don't match perfectly either, but I'm over it. Colors look a lot brighter in person than my cheap camera shows. Especially those pinks. No fade here.

Did the last sanding yesterday, and now I will wait patiently and give it a good polishing before it gets waxed and put back together. It's pretty darn smooth top to bottom now.
DSCN7350 (resized).JPGDSCN7350 (resized).JPG

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So, this playfield has taken a few more coats, sandings, and touchups than I had previously thought. But, I wanted to get it level where the new insert decals are. Now, it is. I'm not worried about that little burn ring in the right white area as it was there before and you can't see it when assembled. A couple of the touchups don't match perfectly either, but I'm over it. Colors look a lot brighter in person than my cheap camera shows. Especially those pinks. No fade here.
Did the last sanding yesterday, and now I will wait patiently and give it a good polishing before it gets waxed and put back together. It's pretty darn smooth top to bottom now.
[quoted image]

Looks good. Are those insert decals from russia?

#707 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Looks good. Are those insert decals from russia?

Thanks, and yes they are. Probably could have been waterslide, but they were not. But, they did the job where I needed them. Including all four around the Knockout drop target bank and a couple below that.

If you use those, it might be better to cut the black borders around them and do the outlines with paint or a Sharpie as that is where they are raised. After a few sandings, most of the borders on those had to be redone anyway. The lettering sits pretty flush though.

#708 3 years ago

Looks great Odin!

Note: sharpie will bleed under new clear. Use paint

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I use Polycrylic, not auto clear on these older playfields and it works fine. Done several like that. Once it's down, you can't even tell it's a Sharpie.

I tried paint pens, but they just make a big mess that I don't like to have to clean off a playfield.

I had to mix and match several of the other colors and the yellow/ orange could have been a little closer, but better than bare wood. It'll be fine. The neons were a bit tough.

#710 3 years ago

This is the area I probably spent the most time on. New decals and lots of Sharpie in there. Is it perfect? No, but can't see it when your playing it. It's covered and smooth now. Don't know why the camera can't pick up the bright fluorescent pink because it sure is pretty.

DSCN7359 (resized).JPGDSCN7359 (resized).JPG
#711 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I use Polycrylic, not auto clear on these older playfields and it works fine. Done several like that. Once it's down, you can't even tell it's a Sharpie.
I tried paint pens, but they just make a big mess that I don't like to have to clean off a playfield.
I had to mix and match several of the other colors and the yellow/ orange could have been a little closer, but better than bare wood. It'll be fine. The neons were a bit tough.

I found these . Close enough for the pink. Will need to be thinned and air-brushed but I will mask and paint the entire area.

20201211_102229 (resized).jpg20201211_102229 (resized).jpg
#712 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks great Odin!

When you refer to "bleeding" . What am I looking for? I have been dabbling with 2k for a while. I did a test. Acrylic enamel from a old PPG can on a plastic spoon.Scribbled some black and red sharpie and added a small water slide decal. Three coats of 2k to test. It looks sealed. I dont see any sparpie on the surface.

20201211_104042 (resized).jpg20201211_104042 (resized).jpg
#713 3 years ago

I have seen sharpie topped with clear where it lifts into the clear for a shadow type effect.

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I found these . Close enough for the pink. Will need to be thinned and air-brushed but I will mask and paint the entire area.

Nice. If you look at the upper part of the picture of my entire playfield, you can see the pinks are bright which they all are. Something about the camera or the lighting makes the lower pinks look faded which they are not.

I had very little pink to touchup, just the "K" in Knockout, so again it was a neon pink Sharpie to the rescue.

I did my Comet with Polycrylic as well, and none of the black sharpie outlines bled through. I did test it first though. Thin coats of the Poly dry pretty fast, but the thicker coats and more layers take much longer. I wait over a week before I start sanding and/or touchup and re-coat. I also give it some time between sandings. Starting with 400 grit, wait a couple days, working my way up to 2000 grit. The last one I did slightly wet. It's like glass now. You just can't be in a hurry.

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice. If you look at the upper part of the picture of my entire playfield, you can see the pinks are bright which they all are. Something about the camera or the lighting makes the lower pinks look faded which they are not.
I had very little pink to touchup, just the "K" in Knockout, so again it was a neon pink Sharpie to the rescue.
I did my Comet with Polycrylic as well, and none of the black sharpie outlines bled through. I did test it first though. Thin coats of the Poly dry pretty fast, but the thicker coats and more layers take much longer. I wait over a week before I start sanding and/or touchup and re-coat. I also give it some time between sandings. Starting with 400 grit, wait a couple days, working my way up to 2000 grit. The last one I did slightly wet. It's like glass now. You just can't be in a hurry.

What is polycrylic? Its water-based?

#716 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

What is polycrylic? Its water-based?

The can says yes, but the buzz it gives me says otherwise. Good stuff.

I get it at Lowes in the blue rattle can. Clear gloss. Home Depot ain't got it.

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The can says yes, but the buzz it gives me says otherwise.

I get a great buzz from water.
(Well mostly water)

CF701F97-CB3B-4BE6-9138-FCD56783B7A3 (resized).jpegCF701F97-CB3B-4BE6-9138-FCD56783B7A3 (resized).jpeg
#718 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The can says yes, but the buzz it gives me says otherwise. Good stuff.
I get it at Lowes in the blue rattle can. Clear gloss. Home Depot ain't got it.

If its in a can, must be solvent based, water in a metal can under pressure wouldn't sound like a safe thing.

#719 3 years ago

It looks like this. Nice can for a nice product. In a week or two I might explain why Novus 2 is now obsolete and a waste of money, elbow grease, and effort once you've tried Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. But that's all for now folks.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#720 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It looks like this. Nice can for a nice product. In a week or two I might explain why Novus 2 is now obsolete and a waste of money, elbow grease, and effort once you've tried Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. But that's all for now folks.
[quoted image]

I use mequires scratch-x alot. I am not sure either why novus became the thing to use on pinball.

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I am not sure either why novus became the thing to use on pinball.

The way it was hyped up, you would think it would have at least have made plastic ramps shiny.

#722 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what size screw is used to hold the left ramp gate switch in place? diameter and length. You'd be my hero.

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

Can anyone tell me what size screw is used to hold the left ramp gate switch in place? diameter and length. You'd be my hero.

The one on the left or right,?

#724 3 years ago

There, that should do it.

"Skate or Die!"

DSCN7371.JPGDSCN7371.JPG
#725 3 years ago

But, it didn't. Most of it shined up nicely, but a few spots of haze and a feeling tells me it's not quite dry yet. Fortunately, unlike the last couple days, one where I passed out on the couch and left the back doors open, the weatherman says I can set it outside for the next few days and let it bake, and try again next weekend.

#726 3 years ago

Just joined the club. I Love this pin. I think it will only last a month before I rip it apart and send the playfield off to Neo Skywalker to restore it. It came with Pinstadium lights already, sure does make it easy to see everything. This is the first game I own with Pinstadium lights.

20201220_130931_HDR (resized).jpg20201220_130931_HDR (resized).jpg
#727 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Just joined the club. I Love this pin. I think it will only last a month before I rip it apart and send the playfield off to Neo Skywalker to restore it. It came with Pinstadium lights already, sure does make it easy to see everything. This is the first game I own with Pinstadium lights.
[quoted image]

Is it mylared?

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But, it didn't. Most of it shined up nicely, but a few spots of haze and a feeling tells me it's not quite dry yet. Fortunately, unlike the last couple days, one where I passed out on the couch and left the back doors open, the weatherman says I can set it outside for the next few days and let it bake, and try again next weekend.

Cool, it looks great from here! Just for grins, you should attach trucks and wheels to it for a photo op.

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!!! It’s a blast, mine is mylared, I might have to leave it like that :-/, I’m afraid to remove the Mylar. Hopefully yours is able to be cleared with out losing anything

#729 3 years ago

Yes the playfield is mylared, it's got a few bubbles. Hopefully it will come up without to much damage. With the ramps going to be ready sometime next year I would love to restore the playfield. The cabinet is fine I wouldn't do anything to that. This is my kind of game I'm loving it so far.

#730 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Yes the playfield is mylared, it's got a few bubbles. Hopefully it will come up without to much damage. With the ramps going to be ready sometime next year I would love to restore the playfield. The cabinet is fine I wouldn't do anything to that. This is my kind of game I'm loving it so far.

Just be so, so careful, several folks that have removed Mylar from this game have regretted it, hopefully yours gets off with minimal problems

#731 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just be so, so careful, several folks that have removed Mylar from this game have regretted it, hopefully yours gets off with minimal problems

In my case much of the insert artwork is flaked off under the mylar so nothing to lose.

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yep, if it is passable, leave it alone.

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I would send it to the pro (Neo) to remove the mylar. I would send him pics first for an assessment

Loving this game. I need to adjust the skill shot guide as it hits into the targets. Going to order the 2 ramps the Freeplay40 has now t as his lower right ramp is already broken. Skimmed the whole thread and saw some beautiful restores. My game also already came with the new official Soren roms so that's cool.

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Yep, if it is passable, leave it alone.

This...

It’s not insert removal that’s the real problem, it’s actual paint coming off with the glue that’s under the Mylar

Neo’s great, he knows how assess

1 week later
#735 3 years ago

Mylar sucks. And removing it can be risky business.

Cheers!

DSCN7382 (resized).JPGDSCN7382 (resized).JPGDSCN7384 (resized).JPGDSCN7384 (resized).JPG
#736 3 years ago

Hi Radicalers, my Radical is missing the backbox light baffle. Does anyone has a 3D printable light baffle? I'm in Germany. That makes it very difficult to order the light baffle in the US actually.

Does anybody know how many diamond plate fields were produced? My Radical has it

Cheers
Roland

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi Radicalers, my Radical is missing the backbox light baffle. Does anyone has a 3D printable light baffle? I'm in Germany. That makes it very difficult to order the light baffle in the US actually.
Does anybody know how many diamond plate fields were produced? My Radical has it
Cheers
Roland

Really? I got my Radical from Germany as well (it is still there ), but it is not a diamond plate. I might be able to help you with the ordering the light baffle. Can you either post the thing you are after here or PM me?

#738 3 years ago

Hi all. I've got a radical, nice machine. I don't want to sell it, but is the estimated value on pinside serious???
I thought it was a 2k machine in average condition.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from tonnerremeca:

is the estimated value on pinside serious???

$3700- $4300 sounds about right for a decent player. I wouldn't sell mine for $5000 now.

You have to understand there were only 1328 confirmed units of this System 11C from 1990 and who knows how many survivors there are in decent shape.

Everyone that has played mine prefers it over Whirlwind and FunHouse, two other games from the same year with far more made and reproduction parts more readily available.

#740 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Cheers
Roland

something is in the pipeline
will let you know soonish, anyone else interested?

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

something is in the pipeline
will let you know soonish, anyone else interested?

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

$3700- $4300 sounds about right for a decent player. I wouldn't sell mine for $5000 now.
You have to understand there were only 1328 confirmed units of this System 11C from 1990 and who knows how many survivors there are in decent shape.
Everyone that has played mine prefers it over Whirlwind and FunHouse, two other games from the same year with far more made and reproduction parts more readily available.

Precisely this. Mine was 2300 Euro and needed some love for sure. Now that it has gotten the love thanks to DuffysArcade I don't think I would ever sell it, unless I had to.

Regarding being more fun than FunHouse... I would agree, but Funhouse is a great pin and a lot of fun!

#743 3 years ago

This is a spare in which we are trying to fix up !
As you can see it is burnt and reasonably brittle. It can be donr

48F5D8C2-A4B8-40D4-8B05-B05BEFA149DD (resized).jpeg48F5D8C2-A4B8-40D4-8B05-B05BEFA149DD (resized).jpeg
#744 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I picked one up a few months back, I posted a picture of it in the pick up thread and had a few messages of people offering 4K based on just that so I think you are pretty on here with the price.

#745 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't sell mine for $5000 now.

Dammit, I was going to offer $3800+a brand new screen door for backup+an avocado peeler+a bottle of Jack Daniels(the big bottle-not the small one)

#747 3 years ago

Oh good, saves me a job!

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dammit, I was going to offer $3800+a brand new screen door for backup+an avocado peeler+a bottle of Jack Daniels(the big bottle-not the small one)

Totally rad, dude. But, no thanks.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Totally rad, dude

Hoff Rad.gifHoff Rad.gifTotally Rad.gifTotally Rad.gif
#750 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

, no thanks.

Alright man you run a hard bargain, I will throw in a $100 gift certificate to El Farolito's -final offer
El Forolito..jpgEl Forolito..jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/15?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.