Topic Stats

• 667 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Boosterfive
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 217 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Middle Man (resized).png
Radical-D (resized).jpg
Radical-C (resized).jpg
d6811b0 (resized).jpg
817c01d86bf23646c10da365f3d22c9d5744d87b (resized).jpeg
32ce49dfc141033f5f3147fb06e9cd128272703f (resized).jpeg
2c981c706df8b3abec689269aeaddf469fdfb848 (resized).jpeg
20200725_181029 (resized).jpg
20200725_180957 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200710_180339 (resized).jpg
IMG_1569 (resized).JPG
upper drops (resized).png
Lower drops (resized).png
Radical 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Radical (resized).jpg

There are 667 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 9 days ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

I've never held or seen cabinet art for pinball machines up close before, so bear that in mind. I have no frame of reference. But I think the quality of the decal is stellar. The orange just isn't orange. It is like a darker red orange. If you are redoing the whole cabinet it will look good. It is just that the discerning will know it is not original.

Thank you! I think I’ll order a set, there just isn’t many options for Cabinet decals for this game. I have got a game that I really want to make as nice as it can possibly be.

#652 8 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Thank you! I think I’ll order a set, there just isn’t many options for Cabinet decals for this game. I have got a game that I really want to make as nice as it can possibly be.

I hope you create another restoration mod on it. I'd love to follow along on that one.

#653 8 days ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

I hope you create another restoration mod on it. I'd love to follow along on that one.

I will . I’ve got 2 that I will be doing (one mine and one my friend’s). These will be my winter projects.

#654 7 days ago

Not a Radical owner, but would love to get one... 80's skater here!

Wade

#655 7 days ago
Quoted from Wade:

Not a Radical owner, but would love to get one... 80's skater here!
Wade

Welcome aboard. I started skating in 1986.

#656 3 days ago

Ugh hoping someone can confirm if I have an issue or not as this is the first time I noticed this behavior. When I get into multiball, the mega million arrow stays lit for only a brief period and then goes out when both balls are in play...maybe 5 seconds. I can't remember this ever happening before today...I thought it should stay lit until you collected it or drained 1 ball, which would activate a grace period to collect it.

After it goes out, it goes back to seemingly normal play. If I drain a ball, the play continues with one ball so I don't think the game is thinking a ball drained. Anyone have any insight?

#657 2 days ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Ugh hoping someone can confirm if I have an issue or not as this is the first time I noticed this behavior. When I get into multiball, the mega million arrow stays lit for only a brief period and then goes out when both balls are in play...maybe 5 seconds. I can't remember this ever happening before today...I thought it should stay lit until you collected it or drained 1 ball, which would activate a grace period to collect it.
After it goes out, it goes back to seemingly normal play. If I drain a ball, the play continues with one ball so I don't think the game is thinking a ball drained. Anyone have any insight?

It sounds like you might have an issue with one of your trough switches.

#658 2 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

It sounds like you might have an issue with one of your trough switches.

Interestingly enough I had a buddy over and we probably played 8 games on it and it hasn't happened again...so I'll keep an eye out but that was weird.

However, we did notice that the left inlane was not consistently spotting a radical letter every time it was hit before the first multiball. Does it only spot one in certain instances or do I need to adjust the switch?

#659 2 days ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I actually was able to snag the ROMs already burned so I'm unable to share the files.

Would love to know where you found these also as I can't track them down.

#660 2 days ago

I'm not totally sure on factory code, I have Soren's code in mine, but most likely it should be. You might need to adjust it. Put the game in switch test to adjust it. In Soren's code, I believe every inlane spots you a letter for the first multi ball but none for the subsequent multi balls. Don't quote me on that though.

#661 2 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I'm not totally sure on factory code, I have Soren's code in mine, but most likely it should be. You might need to adjust it. Put the game in switch test to adjust it. In Soren's code, I believe every inlane spots you a letter for the first multi ball but none for the subsequent multi balls. Don't quote me on that though.

I think it gives you letters until a set score is reached.

#662 2 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Yeah I believe the score is 4 million, but guessing it may be a changable setting.

#663 2 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I believe the score is 4 million, but guessing it may be a changable setting.

Awesome this might explain it...I'll give it a look!

#664 1 day ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Would love to know where you found these also as I can't track them down.

A local pinsider with a radical had the ROMs burned and didn't need him. He's got a radical and has to run the older code because he has the prototype Vuk installed which soren's rom doesn't support

#665 1 day ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Set the machine to hard or tweaking adj32 (spot return lane) and that cheap easy thing is turned off. I think the game is better on hard in general.

#666 1 day ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So I figured out what was happening. The switch was registering in test 100% of the time. In the game I could activate it with my finger 100% of the time and get a letter. I was playing around with the ball and depending on the angle or speed of the ball it wasn't activating the switch everytime. I played with it for about 30 minutes and it still doesn't get each hit with a ball, so I may just replace it.

#667 1 day ago
Quoted from Clytor:

This is the same in the factory firmware as well. You only get spotted letters from the in-lanes on the first 2 spellings of Radical.

Whether it stops after reaching 4 million, I've never noticed, but it could explain some things.

Still I know for a fact that after you've spelled radical twice you will not get in-lane spots anymore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 667 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside