20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg

There are 1,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

CPR just released their RADICAL! Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring!
Lots of actual Photos in the Gallery.....
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/radicalglass/

PLAYFIELD please

1 week later
#552 4 years ago

Just installed my mirrored backglass from CPR. Colors just look fantastic and the mirroring looks great. Very nicely done

8A5BDC31-0B5F-4577-B547-F451D74C411E (resized).jpeg8A5BDC31-0B5F-4577-B547-F451D74C411E (resized).jpeg
#553 4 years ago
5FDB3AD2-6BBD-4CD3-9A1F-D502165355B2 (resized).jpeg5FDB3AD2-6BBD-4CD3-9A1F-D502165355B2 (resized).jpeg
#554 4 years ago

Even with the incandescent bulbs the brightness is nice

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Just installed my mirrored backglass from CPR. Colors just look fantastic and the mirroring looks great. Very nicely done[quoted image]

How is the fit? Just as easy to install?

#556 4 years ago

it fit fine

1 week later
#557 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those interested in following, HEP recently started a Radical restore: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/101#post-5234602

Words cannot express how gorgeous this thing turned out!!!

1 month later
#558 4 years ago

I took advantage of CPR's Black Friday sale and pulled the trigger on the mirrored Radical backglass. It looks great. Chrome lift trim looks fantastic with it. Here are some things to keep in mind if you order one-
It's 1/8" thick and, as far as I know, there no 27" wide lift trim pieces with that thickness. I ordered a 28.5" metal lift trim from Marco. I cut it with a Dremel, then finished the edge with a grinder and wire wheel. I'm also not sure if you can get 1/8" plastic trim for the sides and top that are the correct size, off the shelf. However you can get some that are slightly longer. They are easy to trim with shears or diagonal cutters. Lastly, I found incandescent bulbs to be a bit dim with this backglass. The colors in the mirrored backglass are darker than my original translite. I had also taken advantage of the Pinball Bulbs Black Friday sale and ordered an LED kit. Everything worked out well.

fullsizeoutput_f16 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_f16 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#559 4 years ago

Skill shot - any one have any guidance for dialing in the skill shot? I have played RADICALs at shows and the skill shot is practically a given.

Tried manipulating the shooter rod by loosening the 3 screws and resetting it in several different positions. Have also bent and straightened the prongs on the gauge cover and stretched 1 spring (all red springs). Games has a standard Bally/Williams shooter and new sleeve. When it misses it hits the post just above the 2 targets. When it makes it, it seems that there is more snap with the shot.

Hope there are some good insights out there. Thanks!

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from JDinNOVA:

Skill shot - any one have any guidance for dialing in the skill shot? I have played RADICALs at shows and the skill shot is practically a given.
Tried manipulating the shooter rod by loosening the 3 screws and resetting it in several different positions. Have also bent and straightened the prongs on the gauge cover and stretched 1 spring (all red springs). Games has a standard Bally/Williams shooter and new sleeve. When it misses it hits the post just above the 2 targets. When it makes it, it seems that there is more snap with the shot.
Hope there are some good insights out there. Thanks!

I've got a post in this thread about adjusting the right lane guide of the shooter lane. I'll see if I can dig it out. Gimme a minute.

Linky link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/3#post-3659959

3 months later
#561 3 years ago

Might be joining the club and wondering if anyone has an extra set of sling plastics?

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Might be joining the club and wondering if anyone has an extra set of sling plastics?

I don't but vbobrusev might have some for sale.

3 weeks later
#563 3 years ago

Mirrored backglass on clearance. https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-clearance/glass-1884/ Side note, they are a little dark without leds.

#564 3 years ago

I just put mine up for sale in the marketplace.
I'm in need of space.

#565 3 years ago

Planning a long trip to pick up a radical. Head will need to be removed to fit in the car. Can anybody upload some pictures of the backbox? It look simpler to unwire than a WPC but I want to know what I am dealing with before I get there.
Thanks

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Planning a long trip to pick up a radical. Head will need to be removed to fit in the car. Can anybody upload some pictures of the backbox? It look simpler to unwire than a WPC but I want to know what I am dealing with before I get there.
Thanks

Sound board: Cabinet speaker connector on the left
MPU: diagnostic switches and ground on the left and maybe the special solenoids/flipper grounds from the upper bit of the right side
Interconnect: Everything off the bottom, there might be one or two (power to drop targets?) in the middle on the left side that needs to come off, and the yellow off the right side of the interconnect board (check if it's burnt while you're there)
Aux board: A fair bit off thebottom and left sides, I don't remember the top needing to come off, and the bottom of the PSU.

There is aa molex floating down near the big cap too and the braid is on a wing nut bottom left side. I think that's it.

20170321_184321.jpg20170321_184321.jpg

If that's not high enough res: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WB1Hc6WPRGHmaxyh7

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Sound board: Cabinet speaker connector on the left
MPU: diagnostic switches and ground on the left and maybe the special solenoids/flipper grounds from the upper bit of the right side
Interconnect: Everything off the bottom, there might be one or two (power to drop targets?) in the middle on the left side that needs to come off, and the yellow off the right side of the interconnect board (check if it's burnt while you're there)
Aux board: A fair bit off thebottom and left sides, I don't remember the top needing to come off, and the bottom of the PSU.
There is aa molex floating down near the big cap too and the braid is on a wing nut bottom left side. I think that's it.
[quoted image]
If that's not high enough res: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WB1Hc6WPRGHmaxyh7

Thanks thats exactly what I needed. Looks more organized than a bally/ williams.

#568 3 years ago

Does anyone have a radical plastic I could buy? I only need 1. I prefer the "skate or die" plastic, but I would be interested in whatever you may have. I am trying to complete a system 11 art collage. Any help is appreciated.

1 week later
#569 3 years ago

Can somebody upload a picture of the far right out-lane? I have 2 small holes there like a guide was once there. And has anybody bought plastics or decals from the guy in russia?

20200627_172908 (resized).jpg20200627_172908 (resized).jpg
#570 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Can somebody upload a picture of the far right out-lane? I have 2 small holes there like a guide was once there. And has anybody bought plastics or decals from the guy in russia?
[quoted image]

You appear to be missing a ball guide and post. Also, I bought plastics from the gentleman in Russia. Seems like a good dude.

ZzSYujCEQ2afKGIyFRop5Q (resized).jpgZzSYujCEQ2afKGIyFRop5Q (resized).jpg
#571 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

You appear to be missing a ball guide and post. Also, I bought plastics from the gentleman in Russia. Seems like a good dude.[quoted image]

I appear to missing that wire ball guide as well

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

You appear to be missing a ball guide and post. Also, I bought plastics from the gentleman in Russia. Seems like a good dude.[quoted image]

Thanks. The product is good? He admits in the despriction that the color isn't 100% like original but I've never seen a reproduction that is. As long as the color don't look washed out, I am ok with that.

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Thanks. The product is good? He admits in the despriction that the color isn't 100% like original but I've never seen a reproduction that is. As long as the color don't look washed out, I am ok with that.

I don't quite have the light under it and the original is aged but you can get a little feel for the difference. I'm happy with his reproductions.

OxPU6EYvTCu6f4%+Qnwl+w (resized).jpgOxPU6EYvTCu6f4%+Qnwl+w (resized).jpg
#574 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I don't quite have the light under it and the original is aged but you can get a little feel for the difference. I'm happy with his reproductions.[quoted image]

Thanks. Look pretty good.

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I appear to missing that wire ball guide as well

For some reason I believe that ball guide wasn't in European machines. I have no recollection where I got that idea though. I made one from SS tig filler wire.

#576 3 years ago

Hi Radicalers,
dows anyone of you guys have a scan of the target decals? My Radical! misses all decals on the drop targets and I want to rebuild them.

Some impressions of my pin in the attachment.

Greetings from Germany

IMG_1632[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1632[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1634[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1634[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1635[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1635[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1636[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1636[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1640[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1640[1] (resized).JPG
#577 3 years ago

here ya go

Radical (resized).jpgRadical (resized).jpg
#578 3 years ago

Thanks a lot!
Do you have the 3 snake stickers as well?

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi Radicalers,
dows anyone of you guys have a scan of the target decals? My Radical! misses all decals on the drop targets and I want to rebuild them.
Some impressions of my pin in the attachment.
Greetings from Germany[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have the narrow top drops? Does the ball ever hang up on a lowered drop? The Radical I had was all wedge tops and even then still occasionally hung up.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8750
wedge topwedge top

#580 3 years ago

no screw adjustment underneath assembly to make it perfectly flat?

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Thanks a lot!
Do you have the 3 snake stickers as well?

Radical 2 (resized).jpgRadical 2 (resized).jpg
#582 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

no screw adjustment underneath assembly to make it perfectly flat?

The 1 drop in each set was about 1mm different, so regardless of what I did, you could never get all 3 flush. I've I'd swapped them between the sets, I could've made it work, but then the decals wouldn't have matched.

Lower drops (resized).pngLower drops (resized).png

upper drops (resized).pngupper drops (resized).png

#583 3 years ago

is it burred on the metal where drop goes through?

#584 3 years ago

Were two different decals used? This is the ones that was on mine but I've seen another style

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

is it burred on the metal where drop goes through?

Nope. The 6 targets are 2 distinct lengths, 3 of each. Nothing else is unusal about them or the mechs. Not in my possession anymore sadly, and never my actual machine or I would've done more to fix it. The full story of that pinsitting journey: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-ill-just-change-the-rubbers-for-you/

The owner took it home a few months ago.

#586 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I haven't posted any updates in this thread, but yes, I am in the process of making the upper left ramp (both versions) and the lower left Vertical ramp as well as the Vertical ramp cover. I'm keeping a list for those interested and this list is a little tricky. These ramps require a very thick plastic that I only use for these ramps. Generally I can get the plastic I need in just a day or two, but my local vendor does not regularly stock this thickness. I have around 30 pieces of plastic for these and it looks like they are pretty much committed at this point so I will likely order more of the thick stuff this week....Lead time is about 2 weeks. The upper left ramp is nearly ready to start forming....maybe tonight, but certainly by tomorrow. The lower Vertical ramp was just cast a few days ago and will need another 10-14 days to cure which should coincide with my next order of plastic.
If you are interested want on the list, let me know. If you are interested in the upper left ramps, let me know which version you would like. (The first version includes a cut-out for the original VUK and a cover over it. The newer version eliminated that cut-out) First version will be a few more bucks if you want the new VUK cut-out cover, but can be ordered without the cover. Will post prices this week.
Note: Ramps do not include decals.

As this is 11 months old, I'm guessing I missed the boat, but I too would be interested in the ramps.

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

As this is 11 months old, I'm guessing I missed the boat, but I too would be interested in the ramps.

I still offer them. I make them on demand so just a couple days to make what you want.

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I still offer them. I make them on demand so just a couple days to make what you want.

Any updates on the right ramps?

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Any updates on the right ramps?

On the list for the new heater.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

NICE!

#591 3 years ago

Just wish now CRP would reproduce the playfield

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Looking fwd to it!

Is that coming soonish?

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looking fwd to it!
Is that coming soonish?

That is probably going to depend on the weather....Summer was a slow start here. Things have settled down a little with ramp orders, so now turning my focus on the machine....well that and given that I gave up my last two summers making ramps, and last Winter into Spring dealing with my mother's estate...which is now completely done...I will be spending a little time enjoying this Summer....when its nice! Typically I make ramps on demand, but for the near term I am going to take requests and then do them in batches....like when it's raining!

I am very anxious to get to the "list" of ramps I want to do.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That is probably going to depend on the weather....Summer was a slow start here. Things have settled down a little with ramp orders, so now turning my focus on the machine....well that and given that I gave up my last two summers making ramps, and last Winter into Spring dealing with my mother's estate...which is now completely done...I will be spending a little time enjoying this Summer....when its nice! Typically I make ramps on demand, but for the near term I am going to take requests and then do them in batches....like when it's raining!
I am very anxious to get to the "list" of ramps I want to do.

I assume you have a solution for the whirl-pool. The plastic there feels real thin.

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I assume you have a solution for the whirl-pool. The plastic there feels real thin.

I don't have the machine to actually look at what your are referring to. Both of the ramps I have already made were made with the thickest plastic I use which is basically the same as the originals. Ramps can be formed either as male molds or female molds. The first two ramps I reproduced were originally made on female molds. For female molds the plastic is drawn down into the ramp form and thins as it is pulled to the bottom, especially around the edges. I suspect they used the thick plastic to minimize that thinning. I reverse molded them, still using the thickest plastic which greatly increases the strength at the bottom of the ramps (uh, where the ball is!). Whenever possible, if I have the option to reverse form an original female mold to a male mold, I will do it....just better and stronger. If the other ramps were made on female molds, which by the photos I'm looking at appears to be the case, they will be reverse formed to male molds.

To demonstrate how reverse forming can improve a ramp, take a look at the attached photo of one of the Transporter ramps. The original is on the right and was formed on a female mold. My replacement is on the left and was formed on a male mold. Most obvious improvement is the thickness of the plastic at the drop hole, which is easily 4 times as thick as the original.

So to answer your question, Yes I can improve the ramp design.

IMG_1569 (resized).JPGIMG_1569 (resized).JPG

#596 3 years ago

Hi Radical owners! I'm a recent Radical purchaser and I've had a weird issue develop in the last week with my machine and it not kicking a ball into the shooter lane. Here's what I know:

- In switch test mode it detects both trough switches.
- In coil test mode, it will kick the first ball out into the shooter lane, but will not repeat it. Whether there are one or two balls in the trough, the next time around it will not kick it out.
- I found a loose wire in the Backbox Interconnect Board J8 'Power to Lower Playfield', I fixed it and we got a couple of rounds in with everything working for two players until we locked a ball, and then it stopped kicking the ball into the shooter lane again.
- I tested all of the switches in the Snake Lock and they are all working.
- When the ball should be kicked out to the shooter lane, this relay is clicking [image attached] (I added a second yellow box to show the wire from the coil that isn't firing).

Thank you all for your time and I appreciate any insight you might have!

IMG_20200710_180339 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_180339 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#597 3 years ago

Still new to this, but wouldn't it make sense to replace the relay?

Ironically all of the relays on my radical have holes in the tops of them. It looks like they've melted threw there because of heat.

I just ordered a new aux driver board from Kohout, but will be keeping the old board as it is functional still.

#598 3 years ago

I have a question regarding the Radical skill shot. What is it?

I've noticed that regardless of how I adjust the shooter lane, the ball will go up the tail slide ramp. I mean you don't even have to try. You just plunge the thing and it makes it up there.

So I'm curious what the skill shot is supposed to be? The advance letter scoring targets?

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

I've noticed that regardless of how I adjust the shooter lane, the ball will go up the tail slide ramp. I mean you don't even have to try. You just plunge the thing and it makes it up there.
So I'm curious what the skill shot is supposed to be? The advance letter scoring targets?

It should award a letter in " radical". A full power plunge should always go up the ramp. Not much of a skill shot. The only way to miss is to intentionally soft plunge .

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

If you can just top out the ramp and come back down through the left ramp gate it'll spot 2 letters (original roms, I don't know if it was fixed in Sorens). If you then manage to top right flipper back through the gate again it can be 3 letters off the plunge.

The ket part of the adjustment is the end of the right guide of the shooter lane. I have a post a while back about it. If it's adjusted so the "skill" shot is less likely or impossible, the game is much harder.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/5#post-3949540
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/3#post-3659959

Likewise the outside guide at the left exit of the orbit can be adjusted to throw the ball into the pops, making the game substatially harder.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 1,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/12?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.