20240120_151724 (resized).jpg
20240120_151707 (resized).jpg
20240120_151621 (resized).jpg
20240120_151628 (resized).jpg
20240120_145925 (resized).jpg
20240120_145918 (resized).jpg
20240120_151542 (resized).jpg
20240120_151600 (resized).jpg
There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 23.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

You need to get the carrot flipper bats

Because they are slightly longer (9/64"?). https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-6

#502 4 years ago

i like normal ones on mine, no reason to get the longer bats on this.

#503 4 years ago

Radical is on stage at pinburg?

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

it was for the qualifier, not sure tomorrow.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

You need to get the carrot flipper bats

Not a fan of those I like the normal ones better.

#506 4 years ago

Long shot I know, but wondering if anyone had a project Radical they were willing to part with and ship? Would accept the risk of shipping if someone had a good rep on here at least. Tough to find specific titles in Alaska or I would not even ask.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Long shot I know, but wondering if anyone had a project Radical they were willing to part with and ship? Would accept the risk of shipping if someone had a good rep on here at least. Tough to find specific titles in Alaska or I would not even ask.

Good luck finding it as a project. Everyone wants a cheap game and this one is hard to find in any shape.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Sadly it didn't stay. I think F14 took it's place?

#509 4 years ago

Alright who’s shopped this game before? This game looks challenging to shop, do all those ramps remove easy enough? Lol

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright who’s shopped this game before? This game looks challenging to shop, do all those ramps remove easy enough? Lol

I've got a thread somewhere... let me dig it up.

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-ill-just-change-the-rubbers-for-you/

There's additional photos here: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO8WtBmeB9PGykMov1v_T0uG1wBYQFxQgyUuEvtdnxIXAhGlNUG1aqLBrw6q5ATvw?key=Zm5PRXloOWZkWWFqQ1dRbE5ubmxfNVFVUTd6alhB

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Here is what I have so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pRwwMSqZ8gEJlVMEIiXhwULgG_8CnBqgREYT0VtinN4/edit?usp=sharing
Some of these people at the top of the list made solid commitments either via PM to me, or on posts in this thread. There are some comments that I should probably follow up with to see how interested they actually are.
I guess if we wanted to go crazy, we could start contacting everyone who owns one. I added all those usernames to the sheet with columns to denote if we've reached out, and if they've responded.
(Also, at least 5 of the people who have already shown interest don't actually have Radical listed in their collection...so the number of people on Pinside who own them is somewhat larger than what's in the spreadsheet).

ryanwanger did you share this with Freeplay40 ? It looks like ramps might be underway.

#512 4 years ago

I haven't posted any updates in this thread, but yes, I am in the process of making the upper left ramp (both versions) and the lower left Vertical ramp as well as the Vertical ramp cover. I'm keeping a list for those interested and this list is a little tricky. These ramps require a very thick plastic that I only use for these ramps. Generally I can get the plastic I need in just a day or two, but my local vendor does not regularly stock this thickness. I have around 30 pieces of plastic for these and it looks like they are pretty much committed at this point so I will likely order more of the thick stuff this week....Lead time is about 2 weeks. The upper left ramp is nearly ready to start forming....maybe tonight, but certainly by tomorrow. The lower Vertical ramp was just cast a few days ago and will need another 10-14 days to cure which should coincide with my next order of plastic.

If you are interested want on the list, let me know. If you are interested in the upper left ramps, let me know which version you would like. (The first version includes a cut-out for the original VUK and a cover over it. The newer version eliminated that cut-out) First version will be a few more bucks if you want the new VUK cut-out cover, but can be ordered without the cover. Will post prices this week.

Note: Ramps do not include decals.

#513 4 years ago

Sweet!!! Count me in for a set. I PM'd you Freeplay40.

Todd

#514 4 years ago

I’m keen for a complete set without the VUK

Cheers

Grant

#515 4 years ago

Interested pending $ $ and shipping

1 week later
#516 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Interested pending $ $ and shipping

Go for it. You'll never source them locally.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Go for it. You'll never source them locally.

Money is a tad tight at the moment. You know, life happens

#518 4 years ago

I’m wondering if I should order a set or the ramps. I don’t own the pin, but I’d like too lol.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’m wondering if I should order a set or the ramps. I don’t own the pin, but I’d like too lol.

I used to do that with CPR playfields.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I used to do that with CPR playfields.

With certain things that are unintanium, it makes sense.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

unintanium, it makes sense.

Bitchin!

2 weeks later
#522 4 years ago

I decided to try some neon green.

DB1FA390-2CA3-4082-BEB8-2BB99364FDFF (resized).jpegDB1FA390-2CA3-4082-BEB8-2BB99364FDFF (resized).jpeg
#523 4 years ago

I decided to finally start the play field swap
BONUS
Christmas Tree

DSCN1848 (resized).jpgDSCN1848 (resized).jpgDSCN1849 (resized).jpgDSCN1849 (resized).jpg
#524 4 years ago

Any plans for the old PF? What kind of shape is it in?

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Any plans for the old PF? What kind of shape is it in?

Old play field is actually a tad better than the one I had a go at restoring.
I will be doing a proper restore on this at some stage and hopefully good enough to scan and hold for the future RADICAL community.

#526 4 years ago

I decided to finally start the play field swap
BONUS
Christmas Tree [quoted image][quoted image]

Did you do a clear coat to the new(ish) playfield? How did it all turn out?

#527 4 years ago

Used KBS. After touch ups and no dramas at. Not perfect but 100% better.
Will post a picture when I do a bit more

#528 4 years ago

Cool! Can’t wait to see it

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I haven't posted any updates in this thread, but yes, I am in the process of making the upper left ramp (both versions) and the lower left Vertical ramp as well as the Vertical ramp cover. I'm keeping a list for those interested and this list is a little tricky. These ramps require a very thick plastic that I only use for these ramps. Generally I can get the plastic I need in just a day or two, but my local vendor does not regularly stock this thickness. I have around 30 pieces of plastic for these and it looks like they are pretty much committed at this point so I will likely order more of the thick stuff this week....Lead time is about 2 weeks. The upper left ramp is nearly ready to start forming....maybe tonight, but certainly by tomorrow. The lower Vertical ramp was just cast a few days ago and will need another 10-14 days to cure which should coincide with my next order of plastic.
If you are interested want on the list, let me know. If you are interested in the upper left ramps, let me know which version you would like. (The first version includes a cut-out for the original VUK and a cover over it. The newer version eliminated that cut-out) First version will be a few more bucks if you want the new VUK cut-out cover, but can be ordered without the cover. Will post prices this week.
Note: Ramps do not include decals.

Is there a Crossover ramp in the future?

#530 4 years ago

Most likely with the new heater.

1 week later
#531 4 years ago

just spoke with cpr and the Radical Backglass with custom mirroring is coming out soon......

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

just spoke with cpr and the Radical Backglass with custom mirroring is coming out soon......

Is it actual glass? That would be so Rad! Any idea of cost?

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Is it actual glass?

nope, it's fake wood

#534 4 years ago

Rather they did play field and plastics

1 week later
#535 4 years ago

Just a teaser....progress on the Radical ramps. My brother is visiting right now for another month and brought the flu to me from Costa Rica! I have a lot to do so am simply saying no to playing right now so I can get through these current projects.

IMG_1508 (resized).JPGIMG_1508 (resized).JPG
#536 4 years ago

Rather they did play field and plastics

Same here. Who knows, if the digital printing of playfields works out, maybe they can do a small run of Radical and Transporter playfields .

#537 4 years ago

Finally starting to shop mine out. Such a great game. Man there is a lot of ramps on this game.

#538 4 years ago

I'm excited for the Freeplay40 ramps. Are we currently without a source for the decals that go on these ramps?

#539 4 years ago

Almost done cleaning mine up!

C261CE93-BBB9-43BE-8B85-0E89429C3A3F (resized).jpegC261CE93-BBB9-43BE-8B85-0E89429C3A3F (resized).jpegD1F93F00-E149-44AE-998B-E771FF1AB636 (resized).jpegD1F93F00-E149-44AE-998B-E771FF1AB636 (resized).jpeg
#540 4 years ago

Small hiccup on the Radical ramps. Up until now I have been ordering this particular thickness of plastic from my local vendor. They do not as a practice, stock this thickness, so when I order, it takes 2-3 weeks for me to get it. The last order I received had just too many flaws in it for me to use a lot of them....I will be returning this to the vendor for credit. Now the good news... I have located a new vendor just north of Tacoma that regularly stocks this thickness of plastic and was competitive on the price. Normally, he can cut what I need same or next day, but my timing wasn't the best as his guy that cuts plastic will be on vacation next week. That said, I will get the next order in on Sept 8-9, which is still much faster than I would have gotten it from my current vendor who I have lost confidence in with this thickness. I have enough good product to cover most of the orders, but those toward the bottom of the list will have just a little more wait.

#541 4 years ago

hello,

does anyone has the complete rom with the new patch (competition rom)
I have no ideo how that patch works. I am a software noob

thx

#542 4 years ago

Radical Ramps. While I wait a bit for the next plastic purchase so I can complete the list for the Radical ramps, I'm going to start shipping in just a couple days.

So here is the deal. I'm going to offer individual prices for the Upper left ramp (in 3 versions), the Vertical ramp and the Vertical ramp cover. A typical package would be the upper left ramp in any version, the Vertical ramp and the vertical ramp cover. Any combination order of 3 or more pieces I will knock off $5 per piece.

Individual Prices:

Upper left no cut-out for VUK $125
Upper left with cut-out for VUK $125
Upper left with VUK cut-out and factory VUK cut-out cover $135

Vertical Ramp $125
Vertical Ramp cover $25

Order 3 or more pieces take $5 per piece off.

I will figure out shipping shortly.

As soon as I figure out the domestic shipping I will start contacting folks on the list as well as confirming which upper left ramp version is desired.

Thank you for your patience....I know it seems like this stuff takes forever...... but I get there eventually!

Mark

#543 4 years ago

Sweet. This is great news

#544 4 years ago

First two Radical Ramps shipping in the morning to the original donor (@dung). Note that the upper left ramp has the two light brackets riveted to the new ramp...because he sent them to me. Not included in my offering. Those brackets are normally riveted, but could just as easily be attached with small screws and nuts for those not set up to rivet.

IMG_1510 (resized).JPGIMG_1510 (resized).JPG
#545 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

First two Radical Ramps shipping in the morning to the original donor (dung). Note that the upper left ramp has the two light brackets riveted to the new ramp...because he sent them to me. Not included in my offering. Those brackets are normally riveted, but could just as easily be attached with small screws and nuts for those not set up to rivet.[quoted image]

Are those lamp sockets available to purchase anywhere?

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Are those lamp sockets available to purchase anywhere?

Not that I have seen. They are just flat pieces of circuit board type material that take a twist mount socket.

#548 4 years ago

The Radical pieces pictured below are now available. There are three different versions available of the upper left ramp. The original version on the left has the cut-out for the VUK. The version in the center is what I refer to as the "transition" piece. When the VUK was eliminated from the game, existing inventory of ramps with the VUK cut-out were provided a cover for the VUK cut-out. The version on the right is the newest version where the cut-out for the VUK was eliminated.

The second photo shows the new Vertical ramp and also the available new ball control cover.

Upper ramp original version $125
Upper ramp "transition" version with new cover $135
Upper ramp newest version $125

Radical ramp $125
Radical ramp cover $25

Package deal for the three pieces $260 ($270 if "transition version of upper ramp selected) There are a few of you who have requested additional sets...for each piece above the "package" simply take off $5 per piece.

Shipping for just the Upper ramp or the Vertical ramp $16
Shipping for the upper ramp, Vertical ramp and Vertical ramp cover $20
Shipping for just the Vertical ramp cover $10

Shipping for more pieces than shown above will be handled case by case based on what is ordered.

At this moment I only have 4 of the Upper ramps with the VUK cut-out simply because I was producing them secondly and ran into a bunch of unacceptable plastic that I am returning. I am picking up another order of plastic from another vendor for these on Tuesday.

I have a list but rather than spend the time to work through the list I'll let these go first come first serve as it is my ultimate intention to cover everyone interested.

Thanks....Mark

IMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1512 (resized).JPGIMG_1513 (resized).JPGIMG_1513 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#549 4 years ago

CPR just released their RADICAL! Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring!

Lots of actual Photos in the Gallery.....
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/radicalglass/

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

CPR just released their RADICAL! Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring!
Lots of actual Photos in the Gallery.....
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/radicalglass/

Come to daddy...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 1,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-club-only-skaters-welcome/page/11?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.