• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey all,

You very rarely see this game, and mine is nice. IPDB says there were 1762 units made, but who knows where they are. lol The market here has seen none for sale. Boston Pinball averages it at $1497, but that's with an $8000 sale in the average.

What do you guys think this is worth? The game has been bulletproofed, a few tastefully done LEDs, and game works perfectly. There is a very light ball trail around the top of the playfield by the arch. Small playfield wear around the pop bumpers. But the cabinet is structurally sound, no water damage and nice bright colors. Backglass looks perfect.

I like the game, but was trying to see if it was in demand enough to warrant trading for a system 11. Do you guys think an above average Rack Em Up is a $1400 game, fully working?

-Pat

#2 7 years ago

this era of Gottlieb doesn't fair well with the collectors. It's hard to tell condition based on your descriptions. If the playfield is really nice and boards look clean, you are probably in the 800-900 range. Ice fever is from this era as well with production of only 1000, and they are tough to sell for more than $500-600 fully working.

#3 7 years ago

No rudeness intended (I think it's fun actually) - not a chance in hell.

1983 - this and Alien Star were the only 2 original Gottlieb games.
Rest were old EM rehashs.
Gottlieb was a mess business wise, and their games were very plain.

Clearcoated - you would be lucky to see $1,100.
If you get $800..be happy and take it.

Definitely does not warrant any sys 11 trade, except Millionaire.

There is no way in hell this title EVER sold for $8,000.
That is a bullshit addition to the average.

#4 7 years ago

agreed. Even if it was NIB you wouldn't get anywhere near 8k for it.

#5 7 years ago

That's what I was thinking. I've been seeing some crazy pricing lately. There is a Bally Space Time a guy is selling for $1200 in our marketplace in TN. Most of the early SS's are going for 1000+ (yes, even blackjacks). I'm assuming people are paying less, however this is what the usual asking price is.

I'll throw it out there as a feeler, maybe I can get a Police Force, Jokerz!, or Rollergames for it.

-Pat

#6 7 years ago

that's untrue. I Just sold an Alien Poker project for $500 and fully working one for $800. Should not be hard to find early SS's for under 1000. I see them all the time.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's untrue. I Just sold an Alien Poker project for $500 and fully working one for $800. Should not be hard to find early SS's for under 1000. I see them all the time.

Where did you find these? I'm my area of the southeast, there are a few groups that are just grabbing up anything and everything there is.

#8 7 years ago

Rack em up... $750 max if you ask me. There was a nice one at Chicago Expo 2016 and I think it was $1000. Never sold. I played it theee times and almost fell asleep.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFixin:

Where did you find these? I'm my area of the southeast, there are a few groups that are just grabbing up anything and everything there is.

just for sale around by me. I was looking for 1 and ended up with 3.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

We used to see SS games 1K and under out east - not anymore.
Everything under $1,000 is a system one, has heavy playfield wear, or needs work.
Should something slip through - it's sold in 5 minutes.

I see alot of games in your area I'd buy, if not for shipping.
You get good deals on old school out there (Wisconsin I think). Stock up!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

We used to see SS games 1K and under out east - not anymore.
Everything under $1,000 is a system one, has heavy playfield wear, or needs work.
Should something slip through - it's sold in 5 minutes.
I see alot of games in your area I'd buy, if not for shipping.
You get good deals on old school out there (Wisconsin I think). Stock up!

well, it helps that most of the manufacturers were just over the boarder. So there were lots of games around here. Plus, there are a lot of old school collectors around here, and we know better than to overpay. So tends to keep prices down when you have knowledgeable buyers all around you.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Rack em up... $750 max if you ask me. There was a nice one at Chicago Expo 2016 and I think it was $1000. Never sold. I played it theee times and almost fell asleep.

Thanks! It was mine. Wasn't for sale though, just brought it to play.

I think I am going to post it on my local facebook groups, and craigslist just to see what happens. I think everyone out east is going to start buying up your games now in the midwest.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFixin:

I think everyone out east is going to start buying up your games now in the midwest.

huh? I don't follow you here. I just sold a Got system 80A for $750 though. Is that what you meant?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

huh? I don't follow you here. I just sold a Got system 80A for $750 though. Is that what you meant?

It appears that in the midwest, pinball machines are selling for cheaper than they do out in the central east coast, and I guess a little further south too. So, instead of all the east coasters/southerners buying locally, we're going to start buying from the midwest since it's a lot cheaper.

-Pat

#15 7 years ago

but if you are not willing to drive you have to pay shipping, and then it ends up being the same cost for those people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rack-em-up-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.