Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

75cf7093-410c-4f67-13e1-f9bfdd5e7268.jpg
    13068719_7936bac205_o.jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #2 11 years ago

What, them calling everyone over here a noob? lol. I don't even have to open the thread, I read both!

I'm east AND west coast, beeeeeyotch!

#3 11 years ago

Guess I shouldn't comment, since I'm a newbie.
    Man I hate newbies.

#5 11 years ago

It's not an 'either/or' choice; both discussion groups have their pluses and minuses.

Interesting that I've been reading rgp for a long time (since mid-90's), and despite the exclusive presence of experienced elders there, I just learned today, here on Pinside, that my LOTR LE (and others) shipped with the more powerful flipper coils. (Never checked before because they were never a problem and I assumed they were the original type.)

#6 11 years ago

But I am sure that all of those guys knew that as it was so, 45 seconds ago.

#8 11 years ago

+1

When do I stop being a noob?

#10 11 years ago

Sign me up for Noob school 102.

Still trying to get all my prerequisites done.

On to real school soon..... Good thing too strangely I was getting fed up with snack and nap times.

#11 11 years ago

hey everyone,i just got my first tilt warning. and still a noob.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

F*** RGP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pinside is without a doubt the best place on the web for pinheads because everyone here is cool. the d_ck factor is insane over there.

Everyone? Seems to be plenty of insulting, threats and basic pettiness here too.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

mrgone said:F*** RGP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pinside is without a doubt the best place on the web for pinheads because everyone here is cool. the d_ck factor is insane over there.
    Everyone? Seems to be plenty of insulting, threats and basic pettiness here too.

correction,almost everyone.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

correction,almost everyone.

Now that's funny.

I do have to say, the one thing that drives me nuts at RGP, is the constant quoting of posts, in the same thread. I don't need to read the same thing over and over and over and over and over, well you know what I mean I hope.

#15 11 years ago

Why do we even need to respond? It was not really bad, just an opinion from a user. Do we really need to cuss them? They do play pinball.

#16 11 years ago

I agree cant really find what all the bells & whistles are about
    but perhaps if you are a member things will show up?

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I do have to say, the one thing that drives me nuts at RGP, is the constant quoting of posts, in the same thread.

Yeah, the threads get extremely long and you have to search for what new is said.
    I will also say I don't care what the peeps at RGP say.

#18 11 years ago

I honestly don't know why everyone hasn't switched over to RGP Archive. The interface is 10,000 times better than any newsreader.

#19 11 years ago

Siiiimmmm ahhhh dowwwwn now...Simmahdownnow.

#20 11 years ago

Does this thread even need to exist?

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I do have to say, the one thing that drives me nuts at RGP, is the constant quoting of posts, in the same thread. I don't need to read the same thing over and over and over and over and over, well you know what I mean I hope.

I know so annoying!

#22 11 years ago

no.

-jon

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nope, it already exists....pretty sure many more than a few of them.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Do we really need to cuss them? They do play pinball.

"They" are "us". The douche that made that thread is the self-described "newbie".

I post in and read both and remain unaffected.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

jarjarisgod said:Does this thread even need to exist?
    but gosh it's fun!
    c.mon, life's for living. stir it up.
    -jon

i love you man. but not in a sick or jail house way.

#27 11 years ago

from firearm to beanie baby forums...

the more they grow or the longer they stagnate, the more self absorbed losers trying to validate their pathetic existence & importance... The more forum rules tighten to deal with egos..

until something newer, better & less toxic comes along.. where people can ask for help and get it without being treated like crap because ya cant regurgitate an intelligent post someone else made ten years ago with your own sarcasm inserted..

It's just the internet, folks... & pinball is supposed to be fun!

#28 11 years ago

Nothing to see there, just ignore it and move along.

No different than the occasional 'I love pinside and I hate RGP' threads here.

Frequent whatever newsgroups or websites you like. I don't care if it's the Justin Bieber newsgroup, or the N'Sync web forum. Enjoy it.

There's no reason to be anti-any site/group/forum - if you don't like it, don't participate. You're just wasting your time flaming the others

I'm glad both venues exist, they both help *me* enjoy pinball!

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Frequent whatever newsgroups or websites you like. I don't care if it's the Justin Bieber newsgroup, or the N'Sync web forum. Enjoy it.
    There's no reason to be anti-any site/group/forum - if you don't like it, don't participate. You're just wasting your time flaming the others

What he said^

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

It's not an 'either/or' choice; both discussion groups have their pluses and minuses.
    Interesting that I've been reading rgp for a long time (since mid-90's), and despite the exclusive presence of experienced elders there, I just learned today, here on Pinside, that my LOTR LE (and others) shipped with the more powerful flipper coils. (Never checked before because they were never a problem and I assumed they were the original type.)

It's not true. LOTR shipped with the exact same flipper coils as all the earlier LOTR machines except for the missing diode on the coil.
    Scott

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Well said JWJ. RGP and PinSide are two different flavors. I like both.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Juggernaut:

beanie baby forums

Tell us more about this ...

Jim

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Juggernaut said:

beanie baby forums

Tell us more about this ...

Jim

are you kidding? vindictive flea marketers, soccer moms with to much time on their hands, psycho obsessed cat ladies, buffalo bill "it puts the lotion on the skin" type cereal killers... beanie babies shows the true ugliness of online culture! I'll stick to the firearms culture!! It's safer.. at least you don't have "fat soccer mom vs angry transvestite" slugging to out over a purple princess bear...

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Juggernaut:

are you kidding?

YES !! LMAO ...

Jim

#36 11 years ago

YES !! LMAO ...

Jim

ya never know who's on the other end of the keyboard... they MAY be... CraZY! LOL!

13068719_7936bac205_o.jpg13068719_7936bac205_o.jpg

SELL ME ALL YOUR BEANIE BABIES!!!!

#38 11 years ago

I like many of the offerings from Kelloggs and Post (and will even treat myself to a General Mills offering or two), but not sure I eat enough to be defined as a "cereal killer"....

#39 11 years ago

I prefer Pinside, but do frequent RGP more for searching for tech info.

There are a few on RGP that can be a little immature at times. I've yet to run into that on this site.

#40 11 years ago

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I prefer Pinside, but do frequent RGP more for searching for tech info.
    There are a few on RGP that can be a little immature at times. I've yet to run into that on this site.

As this site evolves you will see more and more, sadly.
    Scott

#42 11 years ago

As the site evolves the maturity goes down. lol. Not saying it isn't true. Just ironic.

#44 11 years ago

As one of "todays old timers" I've been watching that happen in phases to RGP for years. The biggest push was when the bottom fell out of the vid market and the vid guys moved into the pinball world. There would be another push every year after Christmas too with more access to computers from the gaming crowd. Pinside now is what RGP once was like almost 20 years ago. All you can do is learn to deal with it, grow a thicker skin and hold your ground. Overmoderation will effect this group too eventually, right now, it's a cool place to hang out and talk with friends.

Quoted from SealClubber:

As the site evolves the maturity goes down. lol. Not saying it isn't true. Just ironic.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

mrgone said:F*** RGP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pinside is without a doubt the best place on the web for pinheads because everyone here is cool. the d_ck factor is insane over there.

A lot of kettles calling the pots black in this thread.

#46 11 years ago

Can't Robin delete accounts of people that act up?

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

As one of "todays old timers" I've been watching that happen in phases to RGP for years.

Todays old timers? Hell you were an old timer when Tommy Toot was around.
    You just let me know when you get too feeble to remove the LDB on that Spirit and I will take it off your hands there gramps.

That is one sweet game.

#48 11 years ago

What a bunch of rubbish. The guy that started the thread sold me my first machine, and we bought and sold a few together after that. He's a good, calm guy whenever I have met with him, but on RGP he has such rage... I don't understand it.

I can't understand any feuding in a hobby with such a small fan base to begin with. Whether you like noobs or not (ridiculous), modding, leds, new machines, old, one particular system, whatever - who cares, we all like pinball.... that never seems to be enough.

#49 11 years ago

Someone on the Internet said something

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Someone on the Internet said something

I read it on the internet so it must be true

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/race-war and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.