Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pauz21
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Star_Wars_Pinball 026.jpg
Star_Wars_Pinball 023.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,

Just bought a DE Star Wars, knowing it needed a new motor. In fact the seller, who is a fellow pinsider included a brand new motor.

Decided to tackle it, or at least begin to tackle the job of replacing the motor tonight.

A quick google search turned up a how to guide with pictures which was great.

So off came R2's lid to discover the motor is missing completely. And unfortunately so is the gold "disc" or "gear" that goes on to the motor.

I've shot the seller a note asking about it and I'm hoping to he might have it laying around the house somewhere but assuming he doesn't... how do I find one of these???

I've attached the pics I stole from the website I've googled so you understand what part I'm looking for.

Star_Wars_Pinball 026.jpgStar_Wars_Pinball 023.jpg

#2 7 years ago

On a side note... Spent about a half hour trying to figure out how the hell to remove the one nut holding r2 in place. Then I remembered this playfield actually slides out.

(What happens when you go from Sys 11 to DE Star Wars. Luxury I'm not used to. LOL. Had that nut off 20 seconds later.

#3 7 years ago

If you don't run down the part I would suggest trying to find someone that will let you borrow there's hand have a machine shop remake it for you. I had to do this with a few parts that were missing/destroyed when I restored Hercules a few years back.

#4 7 years ago

Good news... the seller MALIBU-SS (Rick), emailed me at lunch and let me know that he found the part and it's on the way in the mail. R2 will live to see another day.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside