Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zalinsky.jpg
    bitchfit.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 10 years ago

All baseball cards have are collectability. Pinball is a functional, fun game that works. It makes no sense to compare the two. Collectability is just one of the many factors of a pinball machine.

Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Guess Im in the minority...a Pinball Purist. Unless it was absolutely necessary I would never put a Repro Plastic/Backglass/Playfield in one of my 1970's/80's machines. As a temporary fix maybe. I would be REALLY pissed if I bought a $300 Repro Backglass and then the same company made a "Better" one a couple years later for the same game. Where does it end??? That just wouldn't fly with me. Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.

Im Amazed people will pay $3000 - 4000 for some games (Fathom in particular) that don't have an original part in them. I'll be more than Happy to sell you some Mickey Mantle Rookie Card REPRINTS or Reprinted Comic Books from the 1960's for Hundreds/Thousands of dollars each. At least in those hobbies people know Reprint/Repro = Basically Worthless. A Fathom with All original Parts and in nice shape is selling for LESS or the same as a REPRO Version?? This is the Only hobby that I know of where this mentality exists.

#54 10 years ago

Huh? Who said anything about automobiles? I added my quote, the one you responded to below.

Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Have to disagree. Automobiles are a Functioning collectible. Go find me a Muscle Car where the Value goes up if you replace all the Sheet Metal/Doors and the Numbers don't match. The value drops drastically with After Market parts.

Quoted from jalpert:

All baseball cards have are collectability. Pinball is a functional, fun game that works. It makes no sense to compare the two. Collectability is just one of the many factors of a pinball machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quit-your-bitching-seriously?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.