Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dantesmark
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180922_184150 (resized).jpg
    a01c67e89e33b518facec93725d33c626d52fb50 (1) (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

It is very fashionable for people to to like the all time greats like TZ, AFM, MM, and LOTR, but what games do you just love that are kinda oddballs that arent nearly as popular?

For me, it's got to be Doctor Who, Getaway, and Road Show. All three are obviously pretty good, but not in anyone's all time best list. And yet, they're almost deserted island games for me.

Doctor who, I could hit that O ramp all day long and not be bored. It's like crack hitting that ramp.

Road show, to me, is vastly superior to Funhouse.

And The Getaway is just a very simple, very fast and fun game.

I think far too often some games get overlooked because of theme or age, and it's a damn shame that some of these games slip more into obscurity as newer people join the hobby.

#2 5 years ago

Hollywood Heat!

#3 5 years ago

Williams Super Star. Secretly, I think there are others out there that like this game too. I always like to use this game to settle ties as it just seems to piss people off...

#4 5 years ago

Police force

Da Jews are MINE!!

#5 5 years ago

Gilligan's, although it seems people are discovering it.

#6 5 years ago

I seem to be the one person who genuinely enjoys Bally Spectrum for more than a game or two, at least among people I know. (It's MasterMind...in a pinball machine...how cool is that?!)

#7 5 years ago

As far as compared to what most of pinside seems to like, pretty much all my games.

#8 5 years ago

WHOdunnit was a must-own for me, over several other games I also liked but just not as much, including The Shadow and Getaway. I love the murder mystery theme and the unique layout and exiting the elevator at the third floor a second time for secret mania scoring.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

WHOdunnit was a must-own for me, over several other games I also liked but just not as much, including The Shadow and Getaway. I love the murder mystery theme and the unique layout and exiting the elevator at the third floor a second time for secret mania scoring.

Yeah, Who Dunnit holds a special place in my heart, despite it not being a traditionally "good" pinball layout.

#10 5 years ago

Wipeout

#11 5 years ago

Wrestlemania.

#12 5 years ago

F14. Kinda weird game but so much fun.

#13 5 years ago

I love my cocktail Night Moves. Plays fast and I haven't got tired of its cheesy soundtrack.

#14 5 years ago

I've always had fun playing WOF

#15 5 years ago

Varkon, actually a pretty challenging game.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Never played it, but it always has looked awesome to me.

#17 5 years ago

Williams Pit Stop.

Never a very highly rated or talked about game even among the old time EM enthusiast crowd, but it has probably got more play than any other machine I have owned and not just by me.

#18 5 years ago

Definitely Mustang for me. I also greatly enjoyed Avengers, Wheel of Fortune, and CSI while I owned them. I also like WWE.

#19 5 years ago

Stern Big Game. My favourite early Stern. Amazing shooter. The fastest widebody I’ve played. Crazy fun.

#20 5 years ago

Gottlieb Hot Shots or Diamond Lady. They are different pins that you never hear anyone talk about but are really fun shooters.

#21 5 years ago

Nip It! for it's creative use of flippers.

#22 5 years ago

For me it is Roller Disco. It is big and slow which makes it kind of relaxing to play. I can shoot the ball into play and tie my shoe before it gets to the flippers. It’s like taking a nap on a warm summer day after mowing the lawn and drinking a beer. Very satisfying.

#23 5 years ago

Almost all Sega games also water world and Motor Show.

#24 5 years ago

Orbitor 1.

#25 5 years ago

I really liked my stern 24, no one else did, so I sold it

#27 5 years ago

Blackwater! Launch 1 to 3 balls! Good Luck with the flippers, and hidden/hard ramp targets!

Numbing game play.....Whitewater Spiked!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #28 5 years ago

Class of 1812 is either loved or hated,
    It has a sweet spot with me. Quirky and goofy all at the same time.
    -Mike

#29 5 years ago

Time machine, Torpedo Alley, Mystery Castle.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Yeah, Who Dunnit holds a special place in my heart, despite it not being a traditionally "good" pinball layout.

WhoDunnit is one of the two games I really want to buy for my father. The other is Rocky and Bullwinkle. I know he'll love both.
    WhoDunnit though is such a cool game. I really like the callouts and the theme of it. Also has a nice sense of humor. Like when you don't answer the phone. He's like "I NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE". That made me laugh when I heard it.

#31 5 years ago

Big Betty's Truck Stop.

Love it. Never leaving
    a01c67e89e33b518facec93725d33c626d52fb50 (1) (resized).jpga01c67e89e33b518facec93725d33c626d52fb50 (1) (resized).jpg

#32 5 years ago

Super Mario Bro's Mushroom World. I really loved that game. Unfortunately my car broke down and had to sell the game to get another car. Some day I will get another.

#33 5 years ago

Proud Bad Girls owner here! (Yes, they exist) Just finished shopping this baby. The majority seems to hate the game because of the brand and the artwork. However, I have a soft spot for more than the average amount of Gottlieb games.

This game is 80's cheese overflow and I love every bit of it. From the awkward scene on the translite to the mirrors on the cabinet. So bad it's good. Cold white GI and blinding hot pink flashers installed: the game was asking for it. I even bought a NOS original translite, the last one I could find.

Bad GirlsBad Girls

#34 5 years ago

Cyclone

#35 5 years ago

Waterworld with the cool moving habitrail and sinking the Deez is one of Gotlieb’s better pins in my opinion. I wish I had one to own.

#36 5 years ago

CO1812 - I regret selling that pin every day
    Strange Science - Awesome artwork, weird music, no stupid call outs - I think I just talked myself out of selling it...

#37 5 years ago

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle. doesn't get much love but I am digging this game a lot. yeah it's a high scoring game but there is still a lot to do.

#38 5 years ago

I LOVE the Gottlieb quirk-fests. Also the Bally quirk-fests. Unique layouts, funky shots, stupidly fun themes, uncommon enough to be alluring, etc. I always enjoy playing them. They’re a refreshing break from the predictable nature of all the popular games.

10/10. Would play Strange Science and Devil’s Dare again.

#39 5 years ago

The one pin I own that I really like that seems really underrated and maybe a little under appreciated by people is Dirty Harry.

#40 5 years ago

And BTTF - I KNOW it’s a turd of a game but the music and call outs always hit the spot. Plus the multiball always finds a way to crush me with no ball save

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from fuseholder:

...Torpedo Alley....

Hell yeah; best DE.

#42 5 years ago

Gottlieb Roller Coaster. Really satisfying when I manage to get a good score on it.

#43 5 years ago

Party Zone

#45 5 years ago

Laser War is quirky, cheesy, and FUN.

#46 5 years ago

Sinbad. Played it a ton as a kid 40 yrs ago, finally found s good one so I bought it !

#47 5 years ago

Hook! Especially with the new code.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yeah.. I recently sold 9 out of my 12 pins and Wheel of Fortune made the cut.

Love everything about this pin except for the abandoned code.

#49 5 years ago

Airborne , Pinball Magic and Banzai Run ... 3 that are here to stay!

#50 5 years ago

Kings of Steel! No multiball or speech, but very addictive! Fun rule set and easy to understand.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quirky-pins-that-only-you-seem-to-like-?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.