5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mitch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I've been playing some early SS games recently that I love- they're quirky and original, like Flash Gordon, Centaur, Genie. I'm ready to buy one. At the same time there are a lot of straightforward, dull early SS games too, and I don't want to end up with one of those. It's hard to know which is which until you play them- so, tell me some more quirky and original early SS games.

#2 5 years ago

Fathom, Barracora, Medusa

#3 5 years ago

Quirky... Not sure what that means. I would name my favorites but it will be hard to find them for sale.

The absolute oddest game that I love is probably Torpedo Alley. A great one that you can actually find is Harlem Globetrotters. That game is a blast.

#4 5 years ago

Look into Blackwater 100.

It was an early or first Game for Dennis Nordham.

It feels like whitewater with all the plastic levels.

5 flippers, tricky targets, and tough goal.

Addictive, for sure.

Music is annoying, but disappears after a while.

It can be hard to find, and plastics are not available.
    But if you find a good one, its very undervalued, IMO.

#5 5 years ago

Gottlieb's Circus or Black Hole should be on the top of your list.

#6 5 years ago

Just a few that come to mind, all a little quirky for different reasons, but also decent to really good players too

Sinbad, Paragon, Totem, Time Warp, Blackout, Scorpion, Counterforce, Rocky, and a lot of the later Classic Sterns such as Split Second and Catacomb.

#7 5 years ago

Jungle Lord, Elektra, Spectrum

#8 5 years ago

I suggest that you go to the York show as there will probably be several early ss pins there to try out in person.

I have many that I could recommend, but Ill leave out the rare ones, and give you a list of the easy to find pins that have unique game play:
    Stars
    Meteor
    Paragon
    Flash Gordon
    Joker Poker

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I suggest that you go to the York show as there will probably be several early ss pins there to try out in person.
    I have many that I could recommend, but Ill leave out the rare ones, and give you a list of the easy to find pins that have unique game play:
    Stars
    Meteor
    Paragon
    Flash Gordon
    Joker Poker

First list in this thread I agree with.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quirky-early-ss-machines?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.