Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Q (resized).jpg
    IMG_5001.GIF

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

What else is new with black musicians and producers, they apparently invented all music and whitey stole it all. What a crock of shit. Long before the blues and rock and metal and rap there was the greatest music of all time and in my opinion the only one with a gurantee of existing in the distant future. Classical. Quincy sounds like a douchebag in that interview and who cares anyway, he won't be remebered. Frank will but not this guy.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

As a Canadian, I don't know if you appreciate jazz for what it was. Turning classical inside out and upside down. Black musicians did that. Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, John Coltrane were the Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart of the 20th century. Most "black" music after that, with the exception of funk had very little talent involved other than a good voice or a big ass.

I like jazz, love funk, and I agree its a direct decendant of classical, white and black musicians are responsible for that transformation. However you never hear classical artists claiming Jazz was stolen or any of that crap. Now to put The Bird Miles, Coltrane in any kind of comparison with Bach, Beethoven and Mozart is just simply ridiculous to me personally. I really appreciate all 3 of them but not even close. Lastly being Canadian? come on man. What the hell do you think we were listening to at that time? Ahhh sweet American ignorance.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

"Canadian Superiority Complex"

I think its the opposite. Douchebag Canadians like Douchebag Americans have "superiority complex" issues Americans more so but yes let us hug it out sir. Now I disagree with the best the 20th century had to offer as none of them produced anything in the same class as Rachmaninoff or Stravinsky. Anyway lets just agree Quincy is a douchebag.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quincy-jones-on-the-beatles?tu=Hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.