20180104_102726 (resized).jpg
IMG_9997 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 5.29.21 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 5.28.51 PM (resized).png
Quicksilver sample (resized).jpg
20171205_112031 (resized).jpg
20171204_203057 (resized).jpg
1f416f2cdc21145b7127c79f0d584ce1b47b9a41 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk1mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

That lower harness won't get you what you need. It connects the coin door, tilt panel, flipper buttons, power in and service outlet, speaker and knocker to the power rectifier board. Also, the Bally power supply was in the head, yours is in the lower cab. Do you have enough wire to make it to the boards if you got the plugs on the end? Because looking at your picture I am pretty certain it was cut a ways back from the plugs. And there should be two sets. One that went from the play field almost straight down to the power board with around 6 wires and one that runs up to the head with 50-60 wires.

Shawn

#14 6 years ago

Not fun, but not impossible either. I can walk you through most of it. It would not be hard to write out a key to convert the different wires from one game to another. Several people on here have run a game with a non matching harness. The trick is knowing what you are getting was also not cut short. I could make you up a set of plugs with say 3' of wire in the right colors that you could then join to the existing wires. (Preferably soldered wire to wire and then covered with shrink wrap.) It would be less work than replacing the whole deal but might cost more than a used harness and there is the possibility of future problems with that many connections. One of my first machines was a "Duotron" with all of the wires cut at the head. The plugs and tails were still there, though and I was able to join them all back together. A PIA for sure, but I got it up and running.

Shawn

2 weeks later
#17 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Finding an old Stern play field harness is your best bet for getting the right color of wires.

Or, find someone who can make you a custom set of pigtails in the proper color combos.

IMG_9997 (resized).JPGIMG_9997 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where can we go to find some body who does that kind of work?

You found him.

#22 6 years ago

I could. Planning on doing Star Gazer and EBD play field harnesses anyways. Have to do a little more studying. Stern's early schematics really suck!

Shawn

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Them shore are purty!
I wish finding those 28 pin plugs (in quantities of thousands) was a bit easier.

Thanks! And agreed. I think I have ten 28 pin connectors left from a bag I bought from you several years ago. Meanwhile, a 25 plus a 3 plus two drops of super glue will have to do.

Shawn

1 week later
#28 6 years ago

Just a cursory glance but it appears the coil in pic 1 has been worked on. The soldering job isn't as neat and the diode is different. The bottom picture looks factory. And a continuity check would show them all connected - by the daisy-chained yellow wire. If you disconnect it in the bottom pictured coil it shouldn't happen again. Taking some stabs here. Anyone else?

Shawn

#30 6 years ago

"Interestingly." Yeah, that's one way to put it! I've seen a couple of discrepancies here and there but that one is pretty bad. Thanks for the input.

#33 6 years ago

If you disconnect the single yellow you can check continuity again to know which black/orange wire is which and then attach them to the appropriate wire on the pigtails. No need to run new wire. And then reattach the yellow and it should all be good.

Shawn

#36 6 years ago

It was probably that day the black/blue reel on the line ran out and someone was too lazy to go get a fresh reel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 959.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk1mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-pf-wires-cut-help-needed?tu=mk1mod0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.