20181104_165656 (resized).jpg
20181104_165636 (resized).jpg
4864f4f071e5734228da6c483ef9a3dd3783d81c (resized).jpg
20181029_173259 (resized).jpg
20181029_173654 (resized).jpg
20181029_174300 (resized).jpg
IMG_0182 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2018-10-28 at 8.51.03 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

I said that I PM you from the other thread but it is looking like this thread is the one where the count is happening.

I am a buyer if you make a Quicksilver play field.

Edit: This week's project is to PM all QS owners and QS wish listers and let them know about this thread.

#15 5 years ago

How in the hell did this chain of events come to be with about 30 posts in a time period spanning less than 24 hours?

#19 5 years ago

Well, used drop target assemblies and transformers will start seeing some action. No Bally cabinet will be safe.

#20 5 years ago

Quoted from Mitch:I bought a quicksilver last week with a bad playfeild. Then started quicksilver playfeild thread and a stern club thread. Then in a mirco thread he asked what playfeilds to make and I said quicksilver...
And here we are

So, 41 days ago you open a thread about pricing on these old Sterns. Then the next item I read is that you are having a Seawitch shipped in. And you are having other classic Sterns shipped that I can't remember what they are. And then you drag a Quicksilver home. And now we are looking at the prospect of repro Quicksilver play fields being produced and to be available for purchase in less than 6 months ??? !!!!

This will be a story for the grand kids

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I assumed they were all the same size I have no other sterns to compare to but its 50 1/2 same as Grand Slam sitting next to it. Anyone know how long Qicksilver playfields are?
If I can confirm that Quicksilver will fit this cab then I'll take one as well.
[quoted image]

I can verify the measurements for you in a couple of hours when I get home. But I'm thinking they are all the same.

#28 5 years ago

My Stern cabinets measure 51 inches long x 22" wide.

My Quicksilver play field measures 42 inches long x 20 3/8 inches wide.

My Dracula play field measures the same.

I would be surprised if your Lectronamo was any different.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Craig knowing you your Quicksilver will be fully restored with a restored cabinet, new backglass, Mirco playfield and fully working before you get your old playfield back from the restorer.

John, I appreciate your confidence in my abilities. I really do. But there are times I feel like I have stepped off into the deep end

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

John you also need to find someone stupid enough to drive a playfield back and forth from NY to MD because they didn't want to depopulate the underside, then only to eventually do it to take one for the Pinside team. I'll start taking apart the underside tomorrow.

So, Crispin, you are our blood donor. Thank you.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

cottonm4 Can you ask your contact that makes Star Gazer, or will be making them, if he can also make Quicksilver playfield harnesses? Thanks

Already happening. Enter Shawn at Third Coast Pinball.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

The jig for the back boxes and lower cabs is already in use making them for Star Gazers. I can make up the play field jig in about two days after getting my hands on a play field.
Shawn
Third Coast Pinball

Well, Shawn, I am heading to Dallas on Tuesday to deliver my Quicksilver play field to the restore guy. But nothing will be happening in his shop for awhile. I have a suitable shipping box and could ship QS play field to you from out of Ft. Worth.

It is stripped clean of wiring. I didn't take any pics before I pulled the wiring but I have it well labeled and can lay it out in proper position and shoot some pics, and give you some measurements if you need.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I should be able to come across a donor between now and then.

Let me know if you need me to ship it.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

i'm interested. Might even buy 2.
Can you make Nine Ball too???

You are such a tease

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Mirco doesn't make playfield plastics, does he? I have one cracked QS plastic. Down for a PF though!

You can buy a complete set.

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Quicksilver.html

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Barracora would be a miracle
Congrats to you Quicksilver owners!

Quoted from xeneize:

No kidding! I have to believe there is enough demand for Barracora to justify a run. I'd even buy 2, if I had to.

Mirco was asked twice by another pinsider to consider producing Quicksilver play fields. The difference this time was that a pinsider with a restored play field has offered to strip it down and send it to Mirco for the art work.

Go find a nice example of a Barracora play field and maybe you can make it happen.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Right there is the problem! I’ve been looking for one for a long time.

I understand. We got lucky.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Very lucky. I just hope mirco does the quicksilver in the original green not the darker green used in the restored one.

Crispin advised Mirco of this color issue and that the correct color is under the pop bumper mylar rings. Since you were the one to make the original connection with Mirco, perhaps you could contact him and make sure he understands for sure which green to use. I surely do not want that darker green color.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Don't worry about colors. Before I finalize the run I do always check for other samples pics in the web. I will get plastics done same time...
As far as barracora goes I just need a usable playfield to scan it and the art should be not too bad...
Regards,
Mirco

Well, it just so happens that the link dothedoo provided shows a Barracora whose owner, g94, lives in Germany, too. You Barracora boys need to get these two gents together.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-barracora-screaming-for-attention/page/1

#66 5 years ago

I will get plastics done same time...

Ahh...what plastics is that? Play field plastics? Or inserts plastics?

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Already have.

I wish you well. I gotta tell you it is a nice warm feeling to get the news we got yesterday.

#72 5 years ago

Of course all inserts will be as original. I have all molds myself. I will do playfield plastic sets same time. As far as we are talking about any other titles - just get me a master and they go on the line immediately.
Right now Gary told me that there is no one else around right now who has a license to do anything. So it is just words....
Regards,
Mirco

When I restored my Big Game I made a scan that I think is of high quality. Not perfect but good quality. Or I could strip the play field if needed. The scan would be too large to email. Would I need Dropbox or some other file transfer app?

Would you consider doing Big Game?

#77 5 years ago

As I said, all are possible if I get a reasonable master...
Not all the same time, but I guess that I can do 15 to 20 new titles a year...
Regards,
Mirco

I am leaving town for two weeks. When I get back I will post pics of my restored Big Game play field. If it looks suitable to you and if it passes passes the demand test, I would be willing to strip it down and ship it.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I’ve got a stripped Big Game in pretty decent shape and I’m already supposed to be sending a Centaur. Save you some time and effort. Someone send him a Nine Ball and Dragonfist.

Yeah, but it seems Mirco is giving a free playfield if you provide a donor. I could strip mine down for that kind of action

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Quit playing coy your interested send him a email.

Quoted from Mitch:

Wow really 1100 usd I though they were around 800 usd.
1100 is almost 1500 cad

Don't be coy, Mitch. You are still interested

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Oh I'm still getting one !!

That's the spirit. I'm still a buyer.

#99 5 years ago

Ok, looks like there is lot more demand than I expected. Please forgive me if I do not reply to all massages Individually. I try to put all replys in the thread so that everyone is on the same page.
I will get the artwork in the cue which will take probably 2 weeks preparation. As soon as the black layer is done the playfields go on one of the robots so that we might have the final product before Christmas. Worst case shortly after Christmas. Usual turnaround time is 5 weeks but as there are some other projects going on same time we need to se how it comes along.
Next playfields available are whirlwind and creature.
Regards,
Mirco

Quoted from toasterman04:

Ya I am just wondering how long I have before I make a decision. I’m 50/50 on it. Mines not bad at all. But it’s mylared up. I currently don’t care too much but know in the future I am gonna want to restore it. I don’t want to miss the bus on what might be a one time possibility

It is November. He said worst case is "shortly after Christmas." I'd say you have a fairly short window to make action.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I assumed they were all the same size I have no other sterns to compare to but the cabinet is 50 1/2 same as Grand Slam sitting next to it. Anyone know how long Qicksilver playfields are?
If I can confirm that Quicksilver will fit this cab then I'll take one as well.
[quoted image]

4864f4f071e5734228da6c483ef9a3dd3783d81c (resized).jpg4864f4f071e5734228da6c483ef9a3dd3783d81c (resized).jpg

Quoted from Mitch:

Just measured lectronomo cab is 3 inches shorter then other stern cabs.

You are saying your Lectronamo cab measures 47 1/2" ?

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Here is stars, nugent, quicksilver and lectronomo which one is different.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn!

2 months later
#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Anyone do the backglasses already?

B G Resto.

It is beautiful.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

That playfield is really dark. Too dark ?

Yes, it is too dark. But the original green is still under the pop bumper mylar rings. Mirco has been advised the green under the mylar is the color to match. I hope he gets it right.

#124 5 years ago

I would do a Quicksilver playfield though I have 1 Restored beautiful blank and one beautiful restored in my game. Oh and I have enough to make another game.

You have any spare transformers?

#126 5 years ago

If you are asking about a 16B-6 I do not. I would probably find a -3 somewhere in my parts.

Yes. I was asking about the 16B-6.

2 months later
#133 5 years ago

What does your play field look like?

1 month later
#153 4 years ago

Quicksilver playfields are now available!
Regards,
Mirco

It is beautiful. Looks like you did a read fine job with the green coloring. I need to save a little money first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-mirco-playfields-demand-check?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.