20181104_165656 (resized).jpg
20181104_165636 (resized).jpg
4864f4f071e5734228da6c483ef9a3dd3783d81c (resized).jpg
20181029_173259 (resized).jpg
20181029_173654 (resized).jpg
20181029_174300 (resized).jpg
IMG_0182 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2018-10-28 at 8.51.03 AM (resized).png
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

Hi all,

I think about doing quicksilver. Please email me if you are interested and a playfield repro.

Regards,
mirco

#2 5 years ago

Sent you a pm but not a email.

What's your email adresse again?

I'm in for a playfeild.

#3 5 years ago

I might be interested.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

I might be interested.

Quit playing coy your interested send him a email.

#5 5 years ago

I am interested. Pm sent

#6 5 years ago

Interested

#7 5 years ago

I needed this a year ago!

#8 5 years ago

So in please

#9 5 years ago

Interested

#10 5 years ago

Definitely want one.

Pm already sent.

#11 5 years ago

I said that I PM you from the other thread but it is looking like this thread is the one where the count is happening.

I am a buyer if you make a Quicksilver play field.

Edit: This week's project is to PM all QS owners and QS wish listers and let them know about this thread.

#12 5 years ago

I'd buy one.

#13 5 years ago

Ok, looks like there is lot more demand than I expected. Please forgive me if I do not reply to all massages Individually. I try to put all replys in the thread so that everyone is on the same page.

I will get the artwork in the cue which will take probably 2 weeks preparation. As soon as the black layer is done the playfields go on one of the robots so that we might have the final product before Christmas. Worst case shortly after Christmas. Usual turnaround time is 5 weeks but as there are some other projects going on same time we need to se how it comes along.

Next playfields available are whirlwind and creature.

Regards,
Mirco

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Ok, looks like there is lot more demand than I expected. Please forgive me if I do not reply to all massages Individually. I try to put all replys in the thread so that everyone is on the same page.
I will get the artwork in the cue which will take probably 2 weeks preparation. As soon as the black layer is done the playfields go on one of the robots so that we might have the final product before Christmas. Worst case shortly after Christmas. Usual turnaround time is 5 weeks but as there are some other projects going on same time we need to se how it comes along.
Next playfields available are whirlwind and creature.
Regards,
Mirco

#15 5 years ago

How in the hell did this chain of events come to be with about 30 posts in a time period spanning less than 24 hours?

#16 5 years ago

I bought a quicksilver last week with a bad playfeild. Then started quicksilver playfeild thread and a stern club thread. Then in a mirco thread he asked what playfeilds to make and I said quicksilver...

And here we are

#18 5 years ago

OK @Mitch, your next mission is to get Mantis to build a ball guide set for Quicksilver! They already have one for Stargazer so its definitely in their "wheel house."

Screenshot 2018-10-28 at 8.51.03 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-10-28 at 8.51.03 AM (resized).png
#19 5 years ago

Well, used drop target assemblies and transformers will start seeing some action. No Bally cabinet will be safe.

#20 5 years ago

Quoted from Mitch:I bought a quicksilver last week with a bad playfeild. Then started quicksilver playfeild thread and a stern club thread. Then in a mirco thread he asked what playfeilds to make and I said quicksilver...
And here we are

So, 41 days ago you open a thread about pricing on these old Sterns. Then the next item I read is that you are having a Seawitch shipped in. And you are having other classic Sterns shipped that I can't remember what they are. And then you drag a Quicksilver home. And now we are looking at the prospect of repro Quicksilver play fields being produced and to be available for purchase in less than 6 months ??? !!!!

This will be a story for the grand kids

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, used drop target assemblies and transformers will start seeing some action. No Bally cabinet will be safe.

I may have a use for the Lectronamo sitting in the corner now. Who is going to make the wiring harness' or do we hafta make our own. Decisions...

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I may have a use for the Lectronamo sitting in the corner now. Who is going to make the wiring harness' or do we hafta make our own. Decisions...

Doesnt the Lectronamo have a shorter cab.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Doesnt the Lectronamo have a shorter cab.

I dunno. With my luck that may be the case.

#24 5 years ago

I'm interested in a Quicksilver playfield.

#26 5 years ago

I assumed they were all the same size I have no other sterns to compare to but the cabinet is 50 1/2 same as Grand Slam sitting next to it. Anyone know how long Qicksilver playfields are?
If I can confirm that Quicksilver will fit this cab then I'll take one as well.
IMG_0182 (resized).JPGIMG_0182 (resized).JPG

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I assumed they were all the same size I have no other sterns to compare to but its 50 1/2 same as Grand Slam sitting next to it. Anyone know how long Qicksilver playfields are?
If I can confirm that Quicksilver will fit this cab then I'll take one as well.
[quoted image]

I can verify the measurements for you in a couple of hours when I get home. But I'm thinking they are all the same.

#28 5 years ago

My Stern cabinets measure 51 inches long x 22" wide.

My Quicksilver play field measures 42 inches long x 20 3/8 inches wide.

My Dracula play field measures the same.

I would be surprised if your Lectronamo was any different.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How in the hell did this chain of events come to be with about 30 posts in a time period spanning less than 24 hours?

I pestered Mirco in two separate threads to make Quicksilver playfields and explained why this is the first classic Stern that he should make

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I said that I PM you from the other thread but it is looking like this thread is the one where the count is happening.
I am a buyer if you make a Quicksilver play field.
Edit: This week's project is to PM all QS owners and QS wish listers and let them know about this thread.

Craig knowing you your Quicksilver will be fully restored with a restored cabinet, new backglass, Mirco playfield and fully working before you get your old playfield back from the restorer.

#31 5 years ago

Likely interested if a purchase opportunity comes off

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Craig knowing you your Quicksilver will be fully restored with a restored cabinet, new backglass, Mirco playfield and fully working before you get your old playfield back from the restorer.

John, I appreciate your confidence in my abilities. I really do. But there are times I feel like I have stepped off into the deep end

#34 5 years ago

I would totally get one of these.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I pestered mirco in two separate threads to make Quicksilver playfields and explained why this is the first classic Stern that he should make

John you also need to find someone stupid enough to drive a playfield back and forth from NY to MD because they didn't want to depopulate the underside, then only to eventually do it to take one for the Pinside team. I'll start taking apart the underside tomorrow.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

John you also need to find someone stupid enough to drive a playfield back and forth from NY to MD because they didn't want to depopulate the underside, then only to eventually do it to take one for the Pinside team. I'll start taking apart the underside tomorrow.

So, Crispin, you are our blood donor. Thank you.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

So, Crispin, you are our blood donor. Thank you.

You're so welcome. I've been saved by Pinsiders countless times over the years and I'm just glad I can help.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

You're so welcome. I've been saved by Pinsiders countless times over the years and I'm just glad I can help.

Thank you so very much.

#39 5 years ago

Not just interested. In with both feet.

#40 5 years ago

cottonm4 Can you ask your contact that makes Star Gazer, or will be making them, if he can also make Quicksilver playfield harnesses? Thanks

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

The jig for the back boxes and lower cabs is already in use making them for Star Gazers. I can make up the play field jig in about two days after getting my hands on a play field.

Shawn
Third Coast Pinball

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

cottonm4 Can you ask your contact that makes Star Gazer, or will be making them, if he can also make Quicksilver playfield harnesses? Thanks

Already happening. Enter Shawn at Third Coast Pinball.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

The jig for the back boxes and lower cabs is already in use making them for Star Gazers. I can make up the play field jig in about two days after getting my hands on a play field.
Shawn
Third Coast Pinball

Well, Shawn, I am heading to Dallas on Tuesday to deliver my Quicksilver play field to the restore guy. But nothing will be happening in his shop for awhile. I have a suitable shipping box and could ship QS play field to you from out of Ft. Worth.

It is stripped clean of wiring. I didn't take any pics before I pulled the wiring but I have it well labeled and can lay it out in proper position and shoot some pics, and give you some measurements if you need.

#43 5 years ago

It's up to you but there is plenty of time. I should be able to come across a donor between now and then. Doing it from pictures and measurements isn't really optimal but I appreciate the offer. If anyone has a junked out play field not worthy of redemption let me know and we can work out a deal. I just need a bare field. Wiring and machinery not required.

Shawn

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Crispin Thank you for helping out the community! I’ll buy you a meal at Pinfest next spring at the Farmer’s Market. All the barbecue chicken you can eat!

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I should be able to come across a donor between now and then.

Let me know if you need me to ship it.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Miracles still happen

Barracora would be a miracle

Congrats to you Quicksilver owners!

#47 5 years ago

i'm interested. Might even buy 2.

Can you make Nine Ball too???

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Barracora would be a miracle

No kidding! I have to believe there is enough demand for Barracora to justify a run. I'd even buy 2, if I had to.

#49 5 years ago

Mirco doesn't make playfield plastics, does he? I have one cracked QS plastic. Down for a PF though!

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

i'm interested. Might even buy 2.
Can you make Nine Ball too???

You are such a tease

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-mirco-playfields-demand-check/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.