20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I'll be back in the club soon- I should have my game rebuilt in a week or two.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jealous man that thing looks awesome.

1 year later
#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Where would one find such an item?

seconded...where do we get these?

1 month later
#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I got mine today. Looks pretty good but def could leave a mark with my fingernail. Needs to cure a bit more.

Does yours have the keylines? I would also suggest taking a pinball and running it around the area under the apron to test. A friend of mine did this and the clearcoat was being destroyed just by a ball being rolled by hand on it.

5 months later
#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Christopher at pinball replacement parts make some 555 lamp boards for Big Game, Catacomb, Cheetah, Flight 2000, Freefall, Meteor, and Nine Ball. I have them in my Big Game, Catacomb and Nine Ball. They work great.
How many would be interested is getting a 555 lamp board for the Quicksilvers you are restoring or the Quicksilvers you are building. Obviously, I would like one of these for my QS build. There is safety in numbers.
Anybody interested?
https://pinballreplacementparts.com/collections/all?page=3
https://pinballreplacementparts.com/collections/all?page=4
[quoted image]

Yep I’d absolutely take them for Quicksilver

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Got the 18AWG striped as well for this run. No more paint pens! Fun fact, one of these pictures has 7100 crimps in it. NOT a typo. These will be an all-in-one construction like the Fathoms. Easier for all of us I think. As before, do all the lighting first then add the main harness with switches, solenoids and controlled lamp wires. Instruction sheets will be posted here or can be emailed if requested.
Shawn
Third Coast Pinball
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have to agree, my install on Star Gazer went incredibly smooth thanks to the separated harnesses. But I'm just happy you are making these things and allowing us to both save and build machines we couldn't otherwise.

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I assumed they would be 3 separate harnesses, as I planned on wiring the backbox & lower cab first, then doing the playfield last. That's not possible to do with an all-in-one harness?

I think, he is saying 3 harnesses for just the playfield before as they were broken down between lights, switches, and coils. Now that will all be one large harness.

1 month later
#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

So I was watching a Slam Tilt stream recently and noticed the slings and in particular the flippers were much more powerful than mine. I've recently finished restoring my Quicksilver and am still in the process of tweaking it, but I feel I'm a long way from having it right. It wasn't playing that well when I first bought it so don't have a great comparison. It plays well, but lacks the zing of other Quicksilvers I've seen
The flippers are rebuilt with new coils/sleeves and the switches couldn't be gapped any better. Where else can I look? Voltage? And the slings... they just feel quite sluggish. Everything was cleaned and polished, new coil sleeves with original coils. There may have been some movement in the mech but nothing dire. Are repro Stern slingshots available?

Which transformer does your game have?

2 months later
#1305 3 years ago

I was able to force the plugs on still on my star gazer FYI

2 weeks later
#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Pinball Rescue is doing only DHL shipping now which is unfortunately $34 for a decal. I need a couple decals myself if you (or anyone) is interested in doing a group buy and save on shipping.

I need a star gazer and a quicksilver.

2 months later
#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That makes you #2. Looks like we are on a roll.

I would totally get light boards!

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

The play field harnesses and cab lowers are done. As the head harnesses are completed I will be sending out invoices. I believe you are up next. Severe weather delay.
Shawn

Shawn I already have the playfield harness for quicksilver, but I think I still needed the cabinet and the head. Did you have me down for those? I’ll check my wiring box too to double check.

1 month later
#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Don't trust *ANYONES* locating dimples. Including the factory! Factory EBD NOS was all wrong up in the 8 ball area.
I've said it in the past I'd pay like $10 extra for repro playfields that have *NO* dimples. I'll place them all myself, thank you.

In all seriousness I just purchased a NOS Congo playfield that is not drilled or dimpled...I was trying to locate an old used one to make a template, but do you think I'm better off just getting it clear coated and then drill and dimple it as I do the swap?

1 year later
#1683 1 year ago

Ok ma’am I need some of those apron stencils / decals!

1 year later
#1783 8 months ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Congrats! Judging by transformer in the head, looks like am MPU-100 rebuild with a black apron? White posts & yellow translucent plastics too? Interesting. Who did the conversion?
PS nice lineup!

I'm betting that is djblouw conversion

#1797 8 months ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ahhh I thought it looked familiar. Not too many QS conversions out there & they're all unique in their own way. I'm surprised he moved on from it.

You and me both, but he is happy. I think djblouw would even tell you he likes working and restoring and scratch building them more than he likes playing them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 959.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.