20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#994 4 years ago

You probably blew one or more fuses on the rectifier board (bottom cabinet). Are you getting any startup bongs at all?

4 months later
#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

What do you mean by "shotgunning socket and wiring swaps"? I've heard replacing all bulb sockets is a smart idea. I'm yet to do the sums, but it looks a costly exercise, not to mentioned getting the right ones... so many options!!

Flaky lamp sockets and LEDs are a PAIN. However, you can clean inside them with a socket cleaning stick and solder them back together so you won't need to replace them. It's not a fun job but I can do an entire game in an hour or two usually. It would take at least that to put new ones in and it saves you the money of buying a ton of them. I typically solder the sides only and if I'm still having trouble I'll solder the wire to the center pin.

http://homepinballrepair.com/index.php/repair-pinball-lamp-sockets/

1 week later
#1119 4 years ago

The post on the right side of the spinner should be a machine screw mounted from underneath with a nut on top or a machine screw mounted to a t-nut under the play field. If just a wood screw it will strip taking pop bumper hits and missed shots at the spinner.

Your spinner should be perpendicular to the playfield, or leaning very slightly forward from the top. Your spinner arms aren't square and it's off balance/leaning way too far forward. You're also missing the original Stern spinner which is superior to that repro. If you have the original, it will work better. If the original is beat up and you don't want to use it, sell it to me.

My QS has a star post in front of the left spinner and a mini post in front of the right which is what's depicted on the game flyer so I would assume that's the correct way. Also, make sure it's mounted through the playfield and not with a wood screw only.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 959.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome?tu=jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.