20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doghouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1308 3 years ago

Well, as of last month, I'm officially in the club! I could of had a totally beat QS four years ago for $1800, but regrettably didn't pull the trigger.

Instead, I ended up making a deal for the "whitewood" QS that was floating around Pinside a year or so ago. The game appears to have a PF that was sanded down and clear-coated. Pretty certain it is not a whitewood. The cabinet was repainted nicely at some point, the BG is NOS, and oddly, the plastics are clear.

I've already picked up a Mirco PF and plastics, and I plan on doing a PF swap at some point. In the meantime the game plays fast, and I am enjoying learning the rules without any PF art or insert markings to guide me.

My apron is the orange and black variety. I have a spare Stern white apron, and plan on stripping it, painting it green, and using a Pinball Rescue decal to complete it. Any recommendations on the color of green to use? I picked up a can of Ace Hardware generic green gloss enamel, and it looks pretty close to the PF green, but I am thinking that maybe I should try to find a exact match if possible. Any suggestions from anyone who has painted one of these aaprons and done the Pinball Rescue decal?

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I used that color green and it turned out great. That said, if I had an orange and black original, I'd use that for sure. The Pinball Rescue one is decent, but not without it's flaws. You get ONE chance to put it on right.

Thanks! I'm going to try the green paint and the Pinball Rescue decal to see how it comes out after applying my limited skills to the task. Only risk is ruining an already ugly beat-up white Stern apron, and losing a $25 decal. The orange and black apron is my back-up, though I'm not crazy with the way it looks on QS.

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I played that one. Kinda figured it wasn't a whitewood, but hell, you got an original that you're swaping in a new pf for. That's better than building a frankenstein version.

Yeah, I was happy to find it.

1 month later
#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Thanks! I'm going to try the green paint and the Pinball Rescue decal to see how it comes out after applying my limited skills to the task. Only risk is ruining an already ugly beat-up white Stern apron, and losing a $25 decal. The orange and black apron is my back-up, though I'm not crazy with the way it looks on QS.

Here's the result. I definitely like the green version better.

The decals were pretty easy to install. My only complaint is that I have very fine air bubbles-- admittedly hard to see-- under the decal despite doing the soap and credit card squeegee method.

SternQuicksilverApron2 - 1 (resized).jpgSternQuicksilverApron2 - 1 (resized).jpgSternQuicksilverAprons - 1 (resized).jpgSternQuicksilverAprons - 1 (resized).jpg
#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I had a similar issue with bubbles but they seemed to work their way out after a week or so. When I first did the coin door decals, they looked like absolute shit. After a week, it looks fantastic (pics are roughly day 1, day 3, and day 6... don't have a more recent photo handy that shows all the bubbles gone).

That's good to hear. Makes me feel a lot better!

3 years later
#1808 79 days ago
#1810 79 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

To be clear, this auction is just for the unpopulated play field. The pin has a replacement play field and is not part of the sale.

Correct! Sorry for not being clearer!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 199.95
$ 959.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doghouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome?tu=doghouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.