20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#288 6 years ago

I'm still looking to join the club. Hope to find a quicksilver someday to restore.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I'm currently in the search for someone to touch up and CC my playfield...

It's not hard to find these guys... HSA, HEP, Krusman all do this. I'm guessing you're looking for cheap but good...

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

HSA was not interested in doing an early SS stern Pf

Huh? I've seen a Seawitch they have done....

Is it mostly bare wood or what? I'm guessing it's bad if they're turning you down..

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Bought it in clean HUO shape for $170!

You could really cash in on that investment! Since you've had it so long, you're probably tired of it... I'll take it off your hands. I'll restore the playfield too.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

Those classic Sterns will never be remade. I asked Gary Stern personally. He said that the drop target banks are too expensive and he would have to charge almost as much as for any of the recent titles. He doesn't think there's much demand for a Quicksilver or Seawitch at $5K ...probably right.

That's a load of bull.
He probably never really looked into it. Just told you something to shutdown the conversation. Drop target mechs are nothing more than some right angle bent steel with holes drilled.
Also, if people are asking north of 4k for a fully restored Quicksilver, Seawitch, Stargazer, there is no reason why they can't build them.

I for one, would defiantly buy one! It would save me tons of time searching for a project, begging for unubtanium parts and updating outdated technology. Take a look at the Total Nuclear Annihilation or the Tube Time thread; same concept; lots of interest.

1 month later
#372 6 years ago

I’m finally going to join the club! Kind of an interesting story.
Someone answered my craigslist ad from TN. Why they were looking at a want ad from MN, I do not know… The game ended up being in a remote area outside of Knoxville. I spoke to the lady on the phone and got a couple crappy pics. What made this deal difficult was the only way to pay safely was in person, in cash. I tried asking shipping companies if they would pay on pickup, but no luck. Huge thanks to pinsider Drewblood419 that was willing to help me out! He went to get it, and then I arranged shipping from his house. Quicksilver arrives at my house this week!!

#375 6 years ago

looking at the pinball pimp stencils, you wouldn't really need another set of stencils. Just spray the black as is, then exacto blade out the green areas you want free hand. Then spray just those areas.

Tigerlaw - I would be interested to know what the paint the gray and green are. I really like the metallic gray!

#381 6 years ago

Well.. besides being dirty it's not too bad.
I got some flaking on the bottom of the BG. PF looks decent. Cab is good. Boards look clean. It didn't boot, but that's expected.
Only one broken plastic, but it's a clean break, so no worries there.
Now the fun begins!

IMG_2374 (resized).JPGIMG_2374 (resized).JPG

IMG_2375 (resized).JPGIMG_2375 (resized).JPG

IMG_2376 (resized).JPGIMG_2376 (resized).JPG

IMG_2377 (resized).JPGIMG_2377 (resized).JPG

IMG_2378 (resized).JPGIMG_2378 (resized).JPG

IMG_2379 (resized).JPGIMG_2379 (resized).JPG

#382 6 years ago
#384 6 years ago

corrected the card size

Cards, spinners, drops.pdfCards, spinners, drops.pdf

#393 6 years ago

Thanks! I'm limited with my computer art skills, but they get the job done.
Now I just need a nice game to put them in.

2 months later
#425 6 years ago

Pinball Rescue said they would do a run of quicksilver plastics if we can collect at least 10 people. Please post if you're interested and i'll supply the list to them for consideration.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

sets could include two of those!

good point. I think extras that can fit on the sheet are not out of the question.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

priced equivalent to the Meteor plastics

I can ask, but I would think the same too.

Got 10 people so far! Who else wants in?

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you all in for a set, interested in a set, or all you all going to buy a set? Three different ways of saying mostly the same thing. But there can be two different outcomes

I have asked for next steps from Pinball Rescue. We now have over 10 people interested. Hopefully that's enough to have them add Quicksilver to their plastics queue.

2 weeks later
#489 6 years ago
Quoted from master_blaster:

please add me to the list for a set of plastics!

Quoted from mof:

I'm in for plastics...

Thanks! got you both added.

#505 6 years ago

Sounds like pinball rescue is going to take on the plastic set project. No idea on timing, but at least there is hope.

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

interest in these plastics

Great! Now can you talk to him about Catacomb too? I have about 10 names so far.

2 weeks later
#551 6 years ago

On the subject of Aprons...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-bally-aprons/page/8#post-3995150

I need more interested people to justify making the tooling and screens for early stern. Please post in my thread with the titles you want.

2 weeks later
#579 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

cleaning method you are using for the cabinet paint

Yes! I'm always interested in a better way.
I've been using Krud Kutter. It's good at removing years of nicotine. This tire cleaner looks to do a good job as well. Looks like its used in conjunction with magic eraser?

6cb8f192-3ee7-4db1-9389-4b4b5e8c75c3_1.9df2e2d7ba87f743d27e5586d7e50ac3 (resized).jpeg6cb8f192-3ee7-4db1-9389-4b4b5e8c75c3_1.9df2e2d7ba87f743d27e5586d7e50ac3 (resized).jpeg

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

cabinet paint except for on a Zaccaria.

That's because it's screened ink, not paint. Rubs off easy. I'll ask on the zac thread if they have any suggestions.

Quoted from Drano:

original formula is NLA.

So, that sucks. There is no good bleach white available anymore.. I wonder if a different white wall tire cleaner will work?

#583 6 years ago

cool. I use purple power in my ultrasonic cleaner. I'm guessing Bryan Kelly is using it full strength on cabinets.
I'll try that.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Can you guys get some sort of list together and email him with no's .

Already sent to pinball rescue
klr650
HPR
Crispin
starfighter
terrapinmark
MeNaCeFiRe
cottonm4
dothedoo
TigerLaw
brenna98
bluespin
eh97ac
Tdiddy
Knoler
master_blaster
mof
Drano

1 week later
#649 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Anybody have a replacement source for these caps?

You don't need that 100v rating.
Buy these: http://www.taydaelectronics.com/10-x-0-047uf-50v-ceramic-disc-capacitor-pkg-of-10.html
They will work for all your switch capacitance needs.

#650 6 years ago

Also, while you're at it. Get 1n4007 diodes.
They are a good all-around diode. Works well for both switches and coils.

4 weeks later
#673 6 years ago

expect waiting a Very Long time if you're hoping John will do this. You're better off getting a BGresto glass and having your PF restored.

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

how many units CPR moves for one of their boutique runs?

Just a guess, but I think this is the reason for the PPS/John Greatwich announcement to do Bally/Williams titles. Not enough interest for CPR to consider the boutique runs...

8 months later
#716 5 years ago

Quicksilver plastic sets are available at pinball rescue: http://pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Quicksilver.html

1 year later
#976 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Please confirm that 2 guides is the correct number to ship.

Correct. 2 metal ball guides.
A suggestion though. There is a saucer hole bent metal bracket. That is another piece people will need. I'm sure it's common to other games, so Mantis will like that.

Another piece people will need are wire guides. Mantis won't touch them; I know because I tried when sending my stargazer guides.

Craig - I bet you can make these and sell a few sets.

Kinda related, necessary for a build part: Backbox lamp board
The display cutouts are common to other stern games, but the lamp placement is not. If you want it to be the same, a copy will need to be made.
Or, if you're creative, here's an opportunity to put bulbs exactly where you want them.

1 month later
#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

So after several years of rock solid performance, my game has decided to reset. Takes a few minutes until she warms up, then she resets every few minutes. The rebooting process starts.
Where do I start? Check voltages?

Original MPU?
Could be flaky chip sockets. Try wiggling the 5101 or rom chips to force a reset.

Driver board rebuilt with new caps?

#1016 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Why would the driver board caps cause the game to reset?

5 volt section.
He mentioned it resetting when getting warm. That points me to caps not holding voltage.

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It was the connectors.

Thanks for following up with the solution!

For those that don’t know. Bulletproofing: new rectifier board, repin connectors (All of them), new caps on driver board.
There are a few others, but those are must do’s if you want reliability.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 959.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brenna98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome?tu=brenna98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.