20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Teamhex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1222 3 years ago

Looks like I just joined the club. I picked up this one for $160.
Had to wait months to even see it, but I think I got a steal of a deal here. It mostly works fine except for a few things.

My goals for this thing...
Paint the cabinet to it's original silver color. (I need to figure out the stencil situation though. Any guidance on exact silver paint color would be nice.)
Fix the pop bumper switches being gapped to closely(I'm assuming that's the problem. Slapping the flippers set them off).
Replace the caps on the sound board, replace entire board if that doesn't work
Clean and wax the playfield
Replace the bulbs, rubbers, pinball, plastic caps, ext
Polish all metal parts on the exterior
Bake the plastics between glass sheets @170 F for 45mins to flatten them out
Adjust the bottom player 3 & 4 score displays to properly fit in the glass window

Is there anything else I should look at or fix to prevent any major issues from popping up? I'm a computer tech by trade, but it normally just extends to replacing boards. I have some friends into soldering so if that's needed I should be able to get some "supervision".

Don't mind the cluttered garage. Having a yard sale this weekend so we're prepping for that
I don't normally take on projects so this should be interesting. I'm not sure how rare this thing is, but a few posts mentioned it was considered pretty rare. I'm going to make my way through these posts and see what I can learn about this machine. Anyway...glad to be here.

IMG_1576 (resized).JPGIMG_1576 (resized).JPGIMG_1577 (resized).JPGIMG_1577 (resized).JPG

#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You got a steal of a deal !!!!!!!!! super nice apron on there.
Everything you need to make this one shine is available, is in readily available.
Go thru some old posts. Look around and come back.

The apron is flawless. It's weird how great it looks for how old it is.
I'll definitely be doing some reading tonight. Thanks!

My only concern is the playfield. I have a 72' Gottlieb Grand Slam and I never could get the playfield as clean as I'd like. Maybe I'm not using the right things or using enough elbow grease. I just don't want to make things worse. I'm not super comfortable taking apart the entire playfield, but yeah I'm going to do what I can to make it shine.

Added over 4 years ago:

*Almost flawless

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Don't bother to try passing "GO". Just get a repro Quicksilver Play Field from Mirco.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1042-mircoplayfields/02551-quicksilver-playfield
$800.00 to your door. You will spend $600.00 getting your play field restored. You got a bargain. You can afford it.
Then go buy yourself a Brother label maker and mark all of your play field wiring to prepare to swap it to your new play field. Or just play the hell out of as it is.

I'm trying to keep it as cheap as I can. Good deal for sure, but I just don't have the funds to fully restore this thing. I'll probably do the things I mentioned and just play it as is. I have a 2.5 year old, and a wife that was up my backside about buying it in the first place Hard to find time these days

I'm not really a collector, I just happened to find this thing for cheap and it mostly worked.
If someone wanted to trade for a really good shape more modern machine I'd probably take them up on it.
I'm just not much for working on these things. Love playing them though

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Yes, Keith from A Priates Life Co. did this and a Catacomb for me.

That playfield looks amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 959.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Teamhex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome?tu=Teamhex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.