20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joydivision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

This is just my favorite game and I thought I was purchasing something that would be basically trouble-free for a long time. But I am finding out being a pinball owner is a little tougher than I expected

Don't get put off by a few small issues emerging & want to get rid of your QS. As suggested find a local trustworthy repairer & get them to go through any issues, check everything & you should be pretty much trouble free so you can then really enjoy the game.

The target mounting issue Cottonm4 cited should definetly be addressed, not a big deal for someone that can do this kind of work.

One thing I noticed, the pop bumper rods are metal & not the plastic type uesd on QS, the mounting assemblies are correct.

Metal ones will work of course, but he plastic ones have a much faster action as the game was intended - plastic pops were one of the new key features for this game, I'm assuming the plastic ones could be fitted to the existing mechs here? someone will know in case you want to look at having the correct plastic pop bumpers installed in your game when having other work carried out.,

Here are the correct parts.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LFF3VSN2N/b-695-3u-classic-stern-bumper-parts-3-piece-kit?optionId=133643660&li=marketplace

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Someone with good carpentry skills.

True, finding one person that's a good pinball tech & also has ideally old school carpentry skills would be more difficult.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Selling a project quicksilver. Pm for details.

PM sent.

7 months later
#1652 2 years ago

Looking for an original Quicksilver playfield if anyone has one to sell - would prefer to get hold of an original pf to restore rather than a repro. Some wear/touch-ups ok. Thanks.

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Trying to figure out which apron I like better. The game I've had forever has the black/green and the one I just picked up has the green/green. I like the black better but thinking that's just because I've had it so long. Any thoughts?

I was wondering the same thing a couple of days ago for when I restore my recently acquired Quicksilver - a title which was near impossible to find in Australia!

Black/red has to go, I like the black/green as some games came with this combo from the factory (even though flyer depicts green/green) I'm glad I got an apron Decal in advance from Pinball Rescue before they closed.

Just realised my new decal has black text & outlines & not white, so will be doing green/green.

IMG_0161 (resized).JPGIMG_0161 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#1679 1 year ago

Quicksilver apron restored. Very happy with the results as I had not done one before. A big shout out to Gary gdonovan for going out of his way to help out with the decals & also with the installation & tips.

IMG_0604 (resized).JPGIMG_0604 (resized).JPGIMG_0605 (resized).jpgIMG_0605 (resized).jpgIMG_0753 (resized).JPGIMG_0753 (resized).JPGIMG_0772 (resized).jpgIMG_0772 (resized).jpgIMG_0774 (resized).JPGIMG_0774 (resized).JPGIMG_0771 (resized).JPGIMG_0771 (resized).JPGIMG_0824 (resized).jpgIMG_0824 (resized).jpg
#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Looks fabulous! What shade of green did you use for your base coat?

Thanks! I used the Rust-Oleum "Meadow Green" it was a bit lighter green than an original quicksilver apron I had here to compare with, but a pretty close match.

This was only section of the original apron that could be used as a reference as it was preserved by a decal which I removed.

IMG_0804 (resized).JPGIMG_0804 (resized).JPG
1 year later
#1767 10 months ago

Still looking for an original Quicksilver playfield (not a repro) to restore if anyone has one to sell. Some general wear/touch-ups ok, as long as the centre bonus area is not blown out. Thanks in advance.

2 months later
#1800 7 months ago

Looking for an original centre drop target plastic for Quicksilver. Happy to buy a partial or full used set to get one. Thanks.

image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg
#1802 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can make you one using water slide decals. It won't be like the real deal but it won't look bad. PM me if interested.

Thanks for the offer, I do have a repro plastic currently in the game that's ok, but was hoping to find an original plastic to complete the rest of the set which are perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 959.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joydivision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome?tu=Joydivision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.