20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Congrats TigerLaw!!! Great score!

3 months later
#139 7 years ago

Wow you hit the motherlode! Congrats! Hit me up when you get tired of playing 2 of them!

2 months later
#179 7 years ago

Redketchup that cabinet is exquisite! Nice job! I've notice 3 different aprons with Quicksilver. IPDB has Green/Lt Green and Black/Red and in this thread someone had a Black/Green. Anyone know the story behind this? Vid?

2 weeks later
#207 7 years ago

I would like to change my status in the club from Lurker to Owner! Had an outstanding pinball week and scored 2 of my wishlist pins within days of each other. Miss Quicksilver came from Kurt in Kentucky. He was selling her with 3 other projects that he'd been sitting on for 20yrs and never got around to. She arrived last Wednesday unharmed. I was worried because Kurt was reluctant to remove the backglass so the game was shipped with it's head attached. The playfield as some major wear but the backglass in nice. The 3 displays that work show 3 zeros.

The game boots up and goes into attract mode but without any noise or solenoids kicking up the drop targets. All three coin chutes do not register and I can't start a game by pushing the start button. The 2 white test buttons inside the coin door do not work either. All problems seem coin door related. I have an altek in her and read 43 V at the TP. All fuses check out ok as well as the 3 bridge rectifiers. Is this a row of switches issue?
20160917_082721 (resized).jpg20160917_082721 (resized).jpg20160917_082649 (resized).jpg20160917_082649 (resized).jpg20160917_082634 (resized).jpg20160917_082634 (resized).jpg

#209 7 years ago

Hi Vid thanks for the reply. All the switches test out with a meter. When testing the 1st and 3rd coin chutes they added a credit. When testing the slamtilt it reset the game. When testing the start button or the 2 white test buttons inside the coin door they toned out when engaged but did not start a game or a test?

#210 7 years ago

Just checked the rectifier board at tpoint 4 and I'm missing the 43 volts. Guess that's why the drop targets aren't resetting when she boots up.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

She will love it if the head does not break in transit.....

That's how mine arrived as well. The guy in Kentucky couldn't take the backglass out and didn't want to chance breaking it. The only way I could have the pin is if he shipped it with the head on. Hopefully she is as lucky as I was.

#225 7 years ago

If I don't palette a pin and STI comes in and takes it on it's legs I always put the head down. It just seems safer as the glass is protected in the head up against the body. These 2 were picked up today and off to WA. 20160919_114353 (resized).jpg20160919_114353 (resized).jpg20160919_114503 (resized).jpg20160919_114503 (resized).jpg20160919_114958 (resized).jpg20160919_114958 (resized).jpg20160919_115114 (resized).jpg20160919_115114 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#232 7 years ago

That backglass looks perfect Menacefire, I hope your playfield looks just as nice! Welcome to the club!

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Just checked the rectifier board at tpoint 4 and I'm missing the 43 volts. Guess that's why the drop targets aren't resetting when she boots up.

I'm still having a problem trying to start a game on Quicksilver and hoping someone has either experienced this before or might be able to help. The game boots up and goes into attract mode but without any noise or solenoids kicking up the drop targets. I replaced the rectifier board and repinned the connectors leaving the board. I get a reading of 48V on the mpu, rectifier board and all coils, its just that I'm missing voltage on a few wires that connect up to J2 on the solenoid driver board. There's no voltage getting to the start button, middle coin mech, 2 test buttons and the flippers. When I test the wires in the connector for J2 the red and blue wire for the flippers have no voltage. Also the yellow/red wire connected to pin 7 on J2 has no voltage as well. All other 7 wires in the J2 connector measure 48V. Can anyone tell me where I should look next?
20161001_155804 (resized).jpg20161001_155804 (resized).jpg

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You shouldn't see voltage on J2 for the flipper buttons. Voltage is supplied to the coil, the flipper buttons complete the path to ground. Check the square plug that connects the coin door harness inside the front of the cabinet and make sure you have continuity from the coin door switches all the way to the MPU.

Thanks for clearing that up dothedoo. I unplugged the coin door harness and checked continuity from the start switch to its pin and it checked out fine. The coin door lights work as well as the 1st and 3rd coin mechs. The wires that correspond to the coin mechs working measure 4.3 v but the blue and white wire that runs to the start button is missing its voltage. I have to run back to the hospital but will try and track down the blue and white later this evening.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks for clearing that up dothedoo. I unplugged the coin door harness and checked continuity from the start switch to its pin and it checked out fine. The coin door lights work as well as the 1st and 3rd coin mechs. The wires that correspond to the coin mechs working measure 4.3 v but the blue and white wire that runs to the start button is missing its voltage. I have to run back to the hospital but will try and track down the blue and white later this evening.

Ok made some progress tonight. I traced the blue/white wire up to the J2 connector on the mpu. I powered down and removed the connector and then powered up and tested that pin and it has the 4.3v. I then removed the blue wire to discover that the trifurcon was broken. I re-crimped the blue white for the start button, the white and red wires for the test buttons and the brown for the 2nd coin mech.

I was all excited thinking that I had found the evil issue with start button but I was not rewarded. When I powered up she still doesn't start a game. The other wires I re-crimped worked but not the start button,(which is receiving it's voltage.) I hit the test button and all the coils fire in test as well as the sounds. All test points on the sdb check out ok. I only had enough trifurcons to re-crimp the J4 connector on the solenoid driver board. I'd love to play her sooner than later especially after seeing your video dothedoo!

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I was all excited thinking that I had found the evil issue with start button but I was not rewarded. When I powered up she still doesn't start a game.

At last I finally got to play Miss Quicksilver! After checking if the 4.3v was getting to the start switch I used my multimeter to jump a game by grounding the switch. I thought it was strange that the red/yellow wire that returns all switch signals to the mpu from the coin door worked for the coin mechs and test buttons but not the start switch. I tried adding a credit again and this time it didn't work. I checked that red/yellow wire in the connector at the mpu and it was broken like all the others. I recrimped the wire and she started right up.

The only issue left is the game doesn't keep a high score. When hi score alternates with the last game played the high score is 0 0 0 on all displays. I thought I read in this thread it was memory issue but the game is running on a new mpu?

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Step through the settings and clear each register one by one. The software doesn't know what to do when it finds 'unexpected' data in the registers.

That did it! Thanks for helping me get her up and running dothedoo

8 months later
#378 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Keith Holbrook has finished our Quicksilver.

Congrats TigerLaw! Freakin' beautiful!! Now I have just a plain ol' Quicksilver...

Quoted from brenna98:

I’m finally going to join the club!

Yes!!!! brenna way to go!! I know you were hunting for a long time. Awesome move by Drewblood helping you out.

2 months later
#429 6 years ago

I'd be in for a new plastic set

2 weeks later
#472 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

my biggest contemplation is whether to sell the back glass and play field and find one in shitty condition

Toasterdog if you get to that point please shoot me a pm. I would love to upgrade my playfield as the whole bonus area is wearing away to the wood.

#475 6 years ago

Doh sorry Toasterman the avatar should have tipped me off!

11 months later
#747 5 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

My serial number is 10618.

We're so close, less than 20 units away! I'm #10637

6 months later
#808 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Acquired my Silverball Mania not long ago -- typical playfield wear but still a blast to play!

Unless they take the same rubbers I think you're looking for the Silverball Mania group.

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

You are right -- I have my Silverballs all mixed up.

Hey congrats on your Silverball Mania!!

4 months later
#857 4 years ago

Welcome and Congrats Neil! Love the flipper bats and rubber combo!

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is each new ball supposed to start you over on the QUICKSILVER targets?

I don't know if it's a conservative setting but my game erases all the QUICKSLIVER letters in between balls.

1 week later
#871 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

So i'm having a frustrating issue with my QS. It will randomly reset at ANYTIME you are playing (launching the ball, ripping the spinner, hitting targets, etc). At first I thought it could be a drop in power but that's not the case. All (and I mean all) my boards are new and this issue was happening before I started replacing. Any idea what this could be? I would record video but it resets at anytime it wants (5-45min intervals)...

Maybe the connections in between the new mpu and psb boards need to be recrimped to keep the 5 volts up.

3 months later
#946 4 years ago

I'd like to share my Mirco experience with the Quicksilver group and what my repro playfield is like now that I FINALLY received it the 2nd week of August. In October of last year I sent my restored playfield that Devin (sohchx,) had touched up and cleared along with my plastic set to Mirco so he could make the repros possible. I was told that he should print mid Feb of this year and I should expect my stuff back mid to end of April of this year and that he might need the playfield a little longer for reference. When I saw that the playfields were put up for sale I kept emailing asking for updates and when I can expect the playfields back because I wanted to repopulate and sell this game. A number of excuses like various colds and vacations and workers not being there were given over the summer while I had the distinct pleasure of watching other pinsiders receive their playfields! Even though I was being jerked around I kept sending pleasant emails and kept getting curt non aplogetic responses. When I had enough in July and sent an email demanding my playfield and plastics back he finally sent me a repro 2nd week of Aug. but without the plastic set. I emailed asking why I hadn't received the plastics I was told that he didn't have the time to deal with my small project he has more important work to deal with. I then got the run around again until Sept when I was told he still didn't get to it and that I should be happy with the playfield I received and that the deal was he keeps the donor playfield for reference. Then in the next sentence he wrote but of course if you want it back you can have it I just need it for reference. I again explained I had people interest in buying the Quicksilver since May and need the plastics back. Well a month went by again and I reached out and reminded him I haven't complained publicly this whole time. That every time he told me he needed my playfield for reference I told him I"d be willing to accept another repro in it's place if he wanted to keep the original and I NEED my plastics to finish this restore. Silence

I'm tired of asking politely for my playfield and plastics back while being strung along with excuses or just outright ignored. In 3 days it will be a year since I shipped them though I was told I'd have them back within 6 months. It's not the 6 months difference it was the way in which I was treated during the whole process. He couldn't be bothered to even scan some plastics over the span of a year?! Just wanted to share my frustrating year long experience with Mirco and warn others what to expect if you are kind enough to depopulate and send off your property to Mirco to share with the community. Since I wasn't a paying customer he couldn't be bothered. I haven't heard from him since September 11th!

When I received the playfield Aug.15th I did the fingernail test under the apron and easily made an indent in the clear. I emailed Mirco and asked him how long I should wait to populate the playfield since I read all of the issues that were popping up on Pinside with the puddling. Every time I reached out to him with this question it was ignored. I explained to him that I would hand tighten everything down just snug enough to have the starpost not turn. Crickets. I let a month go by while I populated the underside of the playfield and the clear slowly hardened. When I finished populating the top I added yellow silicon band which are slightly tighter than conventional rubber rings. At 2 spots on the playfield there are 1 inch rings between 2 starposts. I noticed in the next week or 2 there was crescent puddling starting inbetween the starposts in the 1" rings. I removed them in horror and undid the starposts. It flattened out in a day and I bought 1 1/4" rings for those 2 spots and didn't put those on until last week. Over the 2 months the playfield has cured some more and its harder to make an indent with your nail. The area around the starposts all look great and I'm hoping in another few moths it will cure further. Mirco may not have any bedside manner but the playfield looks awesome!
20190823_174924 (resized).jpg20190823_174924 (resized).jpg20190823_174938 (resized).jpg20190823_174938 (resized).jpg20190823_174942 (resized).jpg20190823_174942 (resized).jpg20190904_120250 (resized).jpg20190904_120250 (resized).jpg20190904_125459 (resized).jpg20190904_125459 (resized).jpgQuicksilver done (resized).jpgQuicksilver done (resized).jpg

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

He abuses the safety net of being on the other side of the world and treats customers accordingly. Yours looks great so far. Quite like the yellow rubbers, did you consider any other colours? I was looking at dull old white, you may have convinced me otherwise.

He can only hide for so long. I liked the way the yellow rings brought out the yellow highlights in the playfield.

Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Have you even received a thank you from him after he made several thousand $'s from these repro's?

Lolol no, I had emailed him asking about it since I hadn't heard from him for a while and the answer I received when it finally shipped out was, "Hi, It shipped yesterday."

Quoted from cottonm4:

Your apron looks different. It looks brand new. And much of the lettering is missing. Please tell us about your apron.

I didn't get the whole apron in that shot. Here is the rest of the lettering and the scrapes that make me wanna cry every time I see them up close.
20191028_143226 (resized).jpg20191028_143226 (resized).jpg20191028_090002 (resized).jpg20191028_090002 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#984 4 years ago

I'd like a set of lane guides if they get produced.

#987 4 years ago

Getting so close to completion. Game is fully assembled except the handrails and my plastics set that I can't get back from Mirco. I wet sanded the handrails to 400 today but need to make my way up to 1000. I gave up and ordered a set of plastics from pinball rescue. Still need to reprint the information cards inside the cab.
20190902_003333 (resized).jpg20190902_003333 (resized).jpg20191030_101805 (resized).jpg20191030_101805 (resized).jpg20191030_152252 (resized).jpg20191030_152252 (resized).jpg20191102_001153 (resized).jpg20191102_001153 (resized).jpg20191102_005614 (resized).jpg20191102_005614 (resized).jpg20191102_005705 (resized).jpg20191102_005705 (resized).jpg20191102_083210 (resized).jpg20191102_083210 (resized).jpg20191111_120049 (resized).jpg20191111_120049 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#999 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

If you go up to 1000 you will take away the grain. Use 400 grit then a red pad. There are a few threads on here about refinishing stainless. Unless of course you like the shiny look, then go to 1000.

Yeah I made them shiny. After sanding I buffed them on my friend polishing wheel.20191125_141300 (resized).jpg20191125_141300 (resized).jpg
20191125_151508 (resized).jpg20191125_151508 (resized).jpg

20191125_165251 (resized).jpg20191125_165251 (resized).jpg20191125_184633 (resized).jpg20191125_184633 (resized).jpg
#1000 4 years ago

Does anyone have files for the paperwork that gets stapled inside the cabinet and head. All of mine are filthy and I scanned them but don't know how to clean them up in a program.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

What you need should be on @inkochnito website:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

Quoted from cottonm4:

Go to:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/
Go to: Stern Electronics
Scroll down to Quicksilver and down load switch assignments. That should get to the switch assignments that staples to the cab or back box. I think every thing can be found here. For instance, the red text "transformer card_____12B-16B-6L will get you the prints to put on your rectifier board mount for volts and amps.

Thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction guys.

2 weeks later
#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I have some files on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl
Look in the Stern Electronics section.
Some files are in the red section (coin/credits, ground strap, ect...)
Game specific files are at the game name.
Otherwise post some images and I can tell you what to look for.
Peter

Thanks Peter! I think John suggested that to me and your work was greatly appreciated!

7 months later
#1146 3 years ago

Yeah sorry guys my donor plastic was printed that way so it rolls down hill.

6 months later
#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Wow they should send you a replacement playfield at no cost.

Don't worry Pete your playfield has been populated with titans installed and has been curing since last summer. She is perfectly flat. My apologies Dicky I hope that didn't come off as rubbing it in. Yes you definitely deserve a replacement playfield for that horror show.

4 weeks later
#1397 3 years ago

Quick Quicksilver Question. I was playing a last game before fast eddied picks up my Quicksilver and I noticed that I'm missing the bonus light show and sounds before and after my bonus count after I drain when earning all the Quicksilver letters. I'm using a Weebly mpu and I hit the clear audits button just in case even though it's a brand new latest version of the board. I thought the only sound setting was background noise through dipswitch 14. I play tested a bunch of games but I didn't hit the switches by hand until today to specifically see and hear the bonus. Hope anyone has run across this, I have to disassemble this game in the next hour. Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I had am almost identical problem recently. Turned out to be a sound card issue, a chip or 2 were cooked. It'd be worth re-seating all sound cables as a starting point.

Thanks Flynnyfalcon, I took the sound card from a Lightning and plugged it in and the same result. I put the original sound card back in and checked my Quicksilver downstairs and the Quicksilver special is missing from my game as well. I know the original Quicksilver used to play the Quicksilver special when I 1st brought her home. Perhaps components on the og QS sound board died out? Why would the soundboard control the lightshow though? If it's the sound card shouldn't I be seeing the light show without the accompanying sounds?

#1401 3 years ago

Yeah I went to weebly and ordered him an SB-300 and the cable since he preferred the new mpu over the original'. Thanks John I have to take a look at my SB-300 and find which little suckers are responsible.

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Dumb question, but do you have 5x multiplier when you drain?

It wasn't a dumb question. It was a new pinball low for me. I didn't have the 5x multiplier. I edited the other thread.

3 months later
#1564 2 years ago

As usual thanks Hoaky! I really enjoyed watching your whole thread and went back to refer to it a number of times while working on mine.

4 months later
#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Joined the club with a minty resorted game.
[quoted image]

Congrats on joining the club! Hey I know that game... If anyone else wants to join the club like rodcom I'll be finishing up another Quicksilver in a couple of weeks. This one will have black powder coated parts.

6 months later
#1703 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What do you mean by "possible scam"?
Let me see if I If understand you correctly. You are saying that this Quicksilver that is currently for sale in the marketplace ( there is only one for sale, currently) is actually the same Quicksilver that is in your house? Is this what you are saying?
Let's break this down. You are here for 7 years and have bought nothing and sold nothing.
[quoted image]
This is the ad for the Quicksilver that is for sale.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137735
The guy who has it for sale has been on Pinside for 5 years, has placed almost 300 for sale ads in that 5 years, and has sold 132 items. He has a Red heart next to his name showing that he is a contributing member to Pinside. And he has 100% positive feedback. Maybe someone has stole his account, as you say. Or maybe not.
[quoted image]
What say you show us some pictures on the Quicksilver you bought so we can make a comparison for ourselves? Show us a picture of this coin door and that shooter rod. Like this one the seller put up.
[quoted image]
Also, if you have the same Quicksilver, you should also have the little build sticker that Chrispin added to the inside of the cab that ID's Chrispin as the builder.
[quoted image]
Here is Crispin's last QS he built and sold.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/126763
And another QS that Crispin built and sold in 2019.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/88847
The problem is this: I know Chrispin built and sold 2 Quicksilvers. The Quicksilver in this current ad looks different than the other two. The unit that is for sale has all new boards. Maybe Crispin built a 3rd Quicksilver? I don't know.
Some pictures of yours might help clear things up.
Thank you.

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't checked in on your build in a while Craig, nice work! Glad to see Mirco made good on another defective playfield. I wish you smooth sailing for the remainder of the journey! The game currently being sold by Joe is my 2nd restoration that was originally sold to my friend Pete who put those cool coin door inserts in. Cool to see the game moving around the states, good luck with the sale Joe!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
$ 959.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 199.95
$ 3.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome?tu=Crispin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.