20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png
There are 1,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 37.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anybody know where I can find a Quicksilver manual? I need to figure out how to turn off the extra balls. Thanks!

. Here's the manual with schematics. More Schematics paperwork etc available on the IPDB...
Ralph

Stern_1980_Quicksilver_Manual.pdfStern_1980_Quicksilver_Manual.pdf

#402 6 years ago

thx for the tip Ralph67

#403 6 years ago

Quicksilver has busted into the top 100 at number 86. Far too low, we need more club members to rate it.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quicksilver has busted into the top 100 at number 86. Far too low, we need more club members to rate it.

Help me find a Quicksilver for sale and I'll be happy to rate it favorably!

#405 6 years ago

They are slowly trickling in from families that had them in their garages or basements for 20 years. Mine came from a storage shed that sat in the same spot since the early 80's until it surfaced and I picked it up QUICK

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quicksilver has busted into the top 100 at number 86

We dropped to 92.

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We dropped to 92.

Hurry! Find me a Quicksilver before the ranking drops to 101!

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

They are slowly trickling in from families that had them in their garages or basements for 20 years. Mine came from a storage shed that sat in the same spot since the early 80's until it surfaced and I picked it up QUICK

Yep, seems like several have popped up out of the blue in the last year or two. Mine was one of those...was literally locked away in a game room since the 90's that it couldn't be taken out of until the home owner removed a wall.

#409 6 years ago

I traded a T2 for mine several years ago and the pf was shot. I figured I would be under in it, but wanted to keep it so what the hell.

Now - seems like a no brainer.

2 weeks later
#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

There is a scan on IPDB of this plastic . Look in the photos section. no matter i'll post the pic .
My game was missing the correct one too. It had a repro that was solid green art , bah
So I made one and painted it up , on the underside , reverse painted if you see what I mean . i'll download a pic later .
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/1895/image-9.jpg

Oh, hey, thank you so much for pointing this out! Haven't been in the thread for a bit, so I'm just seeing it! Really appreciate it.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Oh, hey, thank you so much for pointing this out! Haven't been in the thread for a bit, so I'm just seeing it! Really appreciate it.

Knoler No problem mate , I like helping people out . hope you can make a replacement from the scans on IPDB.
I think one of the scans was cut off a little short , but it shouldn't be to much trouble to photoshop or edit it .
good luck
Ralph

#412 6 years ago

Here's my repro plastic , hand painted from underneath .
If you try this at home , remember to paint the black detail first , then fill in the rest .
I traced the Image from the IPDB on to the top of the plastic first , turned it over and did all the black lines and details, then when dry! the colours go over the black.
DSCF1719 (resized).JPGDSCF1719 (resized).JPG
DSCF1725 (resized).JPGDSCF1725 (resized).JPG
This shows the art on the underside.
I should of painted a white coat over this too . But as there is no lights under the plastic , I didn't bother about it .
The yellow/ red and green sections were painted over the black.
you don't have to be that neat , when painting it the colours .
DSCF1727 (resized).JPGDSCF1727 (resized).JPG
I used clear washers to help protect the new plastic
DSCF1730 (resized).JPGDSCF1730 (resized).JPG

#414 6 years ago

wow nice !

#415 6 years ago

Can someone please list the fonts that are used for the text on the Quicksilver playfield? I know the yellow insert font is "Quicksilver" ( or Neon Lights). Looks like at least 3 more fonts were used but I can't get the "What the Font" website to properly identify them. Thanks everyone!

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Here's my repro plastic , hand painted from underneath .
If you try this at home , remember to paint the black detail first , then fill in the rest .
I traced the Image from the IPDB on to the top of the plastic first , turned it over and did all the black lines and details, then when dry! the colours go over the black.

This shows the art on the underside.
I should of painted a white coat over this too . But as there is no lights under the plastic , I didn't bother about it .
The yellow/ red and green sections were painted over the black.
you don't have to be that neat , when painting it the colours .

I used clear washers to help protect the new plastic

Ralph, that is freaking phenominal! Well done, man. Would you mind sharing what you used for paint colors? Looks like a great match!

Thanks,
-Brian

#417 6 years ago

Cheers guys. It came out better than I hoped .
It's a nice match when you look straight down onto it .

So use any gloss or satin black first for the detail and blacked out areas.

Then i used Model Master paints , I bought 2 sets of mixed paints from a model shop , for painting war hammer/ fantasy stuff.
Some interesting colours amongst them, I thought they would come in handy for pinball restoration. anyhow .
I used 2 of these "Fantasy" colours and a dark green Humbrol No 2 .
DSCF1731 (resized).JPGDSCF1731 (resized).JPG
The Colours are "Troll Green"(4389) which matches the light lime green and "Bloode Red"(4352) which matches the red .
I think the part no's of the colour is printed on the jar , but take a look online to see if they still do these colours .
DSCF1732 (resized).JPGDSCF1732 (resized).JPG
I did find a another of the Fantasy paints that would be good to use for the dark green, instead of the Humbrol dark green.
That one is called "Angle Green"(4382)
DSCF1733 (resized).JPGDSCF1733 (resized).JPG

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Can someone please list the fonts that are used for the text on the Quicksilver playfield? I know the yellow insert font is "Quicksilver" ( or Neon Lights). Looks like at least 3 more fonts were used but I can't get the "What the Font" website to properly identify them. Thanks everyone!

a1 (resized).jpga1 (resized).jpg

This typeface is Optima done by Hermann Zapf.

#419 6 years ago

Thanks very much! I had it very close (Castle Font, circa 1975) but there were a few small differences.
I will check out Optima when I get home.

1 week later
#420 6 years ago

Hi, does anyone have a pic of this section of the playfield (before all the wear and tear?) Thanks in advance!

IMG_20170811_215615194 (resized).jpgIMG_20170811_215615194 (resized).jpg

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Cheers guys. It came out better than I hoped .
It's a nice match when you look straight down onto it .
So use any gloss or satin black first for the detail and blacked out areas.
Then i used Model Master paints , I bought 2 sets of mixed paints from a model shop , for painting war hammer/ fantasy stuff.
Some interesting colours amongst them, I thought they would come in handy for pinball restoration. anyhow .
I used 2 of these "Fantasy" colours and a dark green Humbrol No 2 .

The Colours are "Troll Green"(4389) which matches the light lime green and "Bloode Red"(4352) which matches the red .
I think the part no's of the colour is printed on the jar , but take a look online to see if they still do these colours .

I did find a another of the Fantasy paints that would be good to use for the dark green, instead of the Humbrol dark green.
That one is called "Angle Green"(4382)

Thank you, Ralph! Hoping to get my QS up and running shortly, and next up after that will be some of these cosmetic fixes!

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Hi, does anyone have a pic of this section of the playfield (before all the wear and tear?) Thanks in advance!

here's a few for you

DSCF1746 (resized).JPGDSCF1746 (resized).JPG

DSCF1745 (resized).JPGDSCF1745 (resized).JPG

#423 6 years ago

Thanks very much!

#424 6 years ago

So can we come back around to those "Selected for Tournament Play" decals? I'd love to get my hands on a mylar reproduction. Someone peeled one off of my Meteor apron and when they tried to clean up the glue they smeared the orange apron paint.

#425 6 years ago

Pinball Rescue said they would do a run of quicksilver plastics if we can collect at least 10 people. Please post if you're interested and i'll supply the list to them for consideration.

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Pinball Rescue said they would do a run of quicksilver plastics if we can collect at least 20 people. Please post if you're interested and i'll supply the list to them for consideration.

I am interested. I just noticed a crack in the same plastic that has been discussed above. I wonder if these plastics sets could include two of those! (since they are so tiny and vulnerable).

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

sets could include two of those!

good point. I think extras that can fit on the sheet are not out of the question.

#428 6 years ago

I'm in for a plastic set

#429 6 years ago

I'd be in for a new plastic set

#430 6 years ago

I'm in for a set of plastics as well.

#431 6 years ago

I would be interested in a set of plastics!

#432 6 years ago

I don't need a set but I'd spring in if it were to make it an even 20 to help out

#433 6 years ago

I will buy a set in hopes that I will procure a Quicksilver sometime in the future.

#434 6 years ago

I'm in for a set.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Pinball Rescue said they would do a run of quicksilver plastics if we can collect at least 20 people. Please post if you're interested and i'll supply the list to them for consideration.

Interested but want to know the price point. Thanks.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Interested but want to know the price point. Thanks.

I'm guessing here, but would think a set would be priced equivalent to the Meteor plastics they are selling.

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Meteor.html

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

priced equivalent to the Meteor plastics

I can ask, but I would think the same too.

Got 10 people so far! Who else wants in?

#438 6 years ago

I'm interested in a set.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm guessing here, but would think a set would be priced equivalent to the Meteor plastics they are selling.
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Meteor.html

I'm totally in at $118. For sure

#442 6 years ago

Are you all in for a set, interested in a set, or all you all going to buy a set? Three different ways of saying mostly the same thing. But there can be two different outcomes

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you all in for a set, interested in a set, or all you all going to buy a set? Three different ways of saying mostly the same thing. But there can be two different outcomes

I have asked for next steps from Pinball Rescue. We now have over 10 people interested. Hopefully that's enough to have them add Quicksilver to their plastics queue.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Pinball Rescue said they would do a run of quicksilver plastics if we can collect at least 10 people. Please post if you're interested and i'll supply the list to them for consideration.

Hell yes! Sign me up!

#445 6 years ago

I'm intrested. Called them a few years back and was told demand was not high enough on this title. I guess they might change their mind. I have almost 2 sets but both do not give me a complete non broken set. Was thinking of trying ralph67 paint method or glue my cracked pieces together.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from China_Grove:

I'm intrested. Called them a few years back and was told demand was not high enough on this title. I guess they might change their mind. I have almost 2 sets but both do not give me a complete non broken set. Was thinking of trying ralph67 paint method or glue my cracked pieces together.

Try gluing the cracked pieces together, and then apply Mylar to the top and bottom. The Mylar is almost invisible and will help prevent future cracking of the plastic

#447 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip, on the Mylar after glueing.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from China_Grove:

Thanks for the tip, on the Mylar after glueing.

If you want to bond your broken plastics back together, then follow this link. And then have a look at an earlier link inside this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-cracked-and-broken-plastics

For bonding PTEG plastics back together, you do not want to use superglue. You want some Scigrip3. Your parts will BOND back together tightly and you will not need mylar. You don't have to sweat being real neat as you let the adhesive flow. This adhesive will not affect the inks on your plastics.

I repaired my Seawitch plastic 7 months back and have been playing the hell out of this pin; The repaired plastic gets hammered regularly and is still solid as a rock.

#449 6 years ago

Hi Guys regarding the Plastics .
Lee from pinball rescue emailed me back , he said he will look into it and get back to me.
I did tell him there was about 10 people very keen already. and more have shown interest since I looked yesterday .
I did ask if he went ahead with them . to maybe include a second target bank plastic , most of his sets include a key fob to, so I asked about that also.
I suggested he took a look at this site to see all the interest.
Flipper fingers crossed they decide to produce them ...

#450 6 years ago

I have started replacing some inserts on my Quicksilver playfield. So far I have replaced the two triangular inserts as they were very badly damaged. I could not source "plain" triangular inserts so I had to purchase "reinforced" inserts (with the ribs). Ok, so here is where my dilemma begins. I really, really like the idea and the look of reinforced inserts!
I just might get kicked in the ass for asking this but: Has anyone completely removed all the inserts and replaced with the reinforced starburst inserts? I am very tempted to replace the remaining inserts with this style.
I am aware that collectors will want the playfield to look as original as possible. If this is just a horrible idea, please say so! I won't take offence

FYI, for the remaining inserts, I already have a full set for each style (starburst vs. plain) I just need to know which set to proceed with. As of this moment I am still on the fence.
Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 959.00
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 1,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome/page/9?hl=knoler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.