20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png
There are 1,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.
#351 6 years ago

Any person have any ideas on some cool Quicksilver toppers?

I'm starting to look around. Might keep it without a topper, but thought I'd ask and see if anyone had some thoughts. Thank you!!

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

I'm starting to look around. Might keep it without a topper, but thought I'd ask and see if anyone had some thoughts. Thank you!!

Actually, yes. You get something like this:

And then you try to figure out how to convert the blue fluid to a green fluid

or

You figure out how to rebuild it to hold some Mercury. Yes, that mercury. The liquid metal. The poison stuff. The stuff we used to pull from broken washing machine switches and make shiny dimes

Can you imagine? A glass container with mercury sloshing around while you play some Quicksilver.

Hey, you asked. As long as it is contained it is not going to hurt you. It is not all that practical but I think it would be cool.

#353 6 years ago

That'd be good for Seawitch!

Could use this...

hmcover (resized).jpghmcover (resized).jpg

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yes, I'll give it a try.

Unfortunately, it seems nothing will happen when trying LL roms on QS:

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Can you imagine? A glass container with mercury sloshing around while you play some Quicksilver.

That would be hysterical and awesome at the same time!

#356 6 years ago

WOW I put my rating in on Quicksilver last week and to my surprise it jumped from 108 to 90 last week! Is this the highest ranked classic Stern on the top 100 list? Does it deserve that spot?

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

WOW I put my rating in on Quicksilver last week and to my surprise it jumped from 108 to 90 last week! Is this the highest ranked classic Stern on the top 100 list? Does it deserve that spot?

Yeah! Sold mine ... then bought it back! Great game.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Great. Just fantastic !! Now I'll never get one bought without a price that will not choke a horse

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Does it deserve that spot?

Absolutely. I think it should be a top 75 game.

#360 6 years ago

I just gave it 10's across the board. Hope that helps to push up this great game to where it should be. Nineball and Stargazer shouldn't be in the 100's either. They should be right around Quicksilver rating territory too! =)

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Absolutely. I think it should be a top 75 game.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Unfortunately, it seems nothing will happen when trying LL roms on QS:

I remember hearing that you couldn't just pop in the ROMs and play it, but I thought the exercise was fun just to see what the sounds were like. I've posted a couple of videos on youtube.

Attract mode

Gameplay

I burned Lazerlord ROMs and put them in a MPU-200 for these videos. I also tried setting an Alltek to Lazerlord and had identical results. I didn't compare the ROMs to see if they are identical, but I would assume there is only one archive available (and maybe only one version ever created) so I imagine the Alltek is running the same software. So those of you with Allteks can try this on your own machines.

You can see the gameplay is just a big mess, even though the attract mode could pass for being correct. The sounds are pretty cool though and I'd really like to see Lazerlord in action.

#362 6 years ago

By your video, Lazer Lord switch matrix is deferent
than Quick Silver. Lazer Lord might also be Multiball.
Thanks for posting.

#363 6 years ago

I purchased this Quicksilver beach towel. How does it look? I have it stay on while not in play with two strong small magnets

IMG_7447 (resized).JPGIMG_7447 (resized).JPG

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

How about a lava lamp, or even two lava lamps ( green lava of course) securely mounted to a board which you could just set on top of the machine and turn them on? No permanent modification.
The Quicksilver art always made me think of lava lamps. Might look cool.

2 weeks later
#365 6 years ago

Keith Holbrook has finished our Quicksilver. It arrives on Wednesday, just in time for the pin tourney on Sunday.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Keith Holbrook has finished our Quicksilver. It arrives on Wednesday, just in time for the pin tourney on Sunday.

It looks real good, man. I have to ask: What is the color combination on the apron? It looks like light green over black. Is it?

#367 6 years ago

Yep, light green over black. I'll take a ton of pics of it on Wednesday for you guys. I'm super excited to have it back.

#368 6 years ago

Saw the teaser pics in his Facebook post. Anxious to see more. Be sure to post a video too.

#369 6 years ago

I got to play this game for the first time today

Love the layout, the art and sounds
Awesome game

#370 6 years ago

Hi folks,

My quicksilver is missing a plastic.
The long small one above the center 4 droptargets.
Does someone has this plastic or can someone give me a good scan of a good plastic?

thanks a lot !!!!

scan (resized).jpgscan (resized).jpg

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Hi folks,
Does someone has this plastic or can someone give me a good scan of a good plastic?
thanks a lot !!!!

Ha! I just joined the club, and came in here to post the exact same thing. Does anyone know if repro plastics are available?

If anyone has a good scan of this plastic, I'd certainly appreciate it!

#372 6 years ago

I’m finally going to join the club! Kind of an interesting story.
Someone answered my craigslist ad from TN. Why they were looking at a want ad from MN, I do not know… The game ended up being in a remote area outside of Knoxville. I spoke to the lady on the phone and got a couple crappy pics. What made this deal difficult was the only way to pay safely was in person, in cash. I tried asking shipping companies if they would pay on pickup, but no luck. Huge thanks to pinsider Drewblood419 that was willing to help me out! He went to get it, and then I arranged shipping from his house. Quicksilver arrives at my house this week!!

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I’m finally going to join the club! Kind of an interesting story.
Someone answered my craigslist ad from TN. Why they were looking at a want ad from MN, I do not know… The game ended up being in a remote area outside of Knoxville. I spoke to the lady on the phone and got a couple crappy pics. What made this deal difficult was the only way to pay safely was in person, in cash. I tried asking shipping companies if they would pay on pickup, but no luck. Huge thanks to pinsider Drewblood419 that was willing to help me out! He went to get it, and then I arranged shipping from his house. Quicksilver arrives at my house this week!!

Some people look all over on Craigslist. I was getting used to seeing your QS ads all over from Iowa and to the east. I live in Kansas and found my Seawitch by looking at ads in South Carolina.

Congrats of your QS find.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Never seen a Quicksilver with green on the cab... Is it a custom demand?

#375 6 years ago

looking at the pinball pimp stencils, you wouldn't really need another set of stencils. Just spray the black as is, then exacto blade out the green areas you want free hand. Then spray just those areas.

Tigerlaw - I would be interested to know what the paint the gray and green are. I really like the metallic gray!

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Never seen a Quicksilver with green on the cab... Is it a custom demand?

Yea, Keith always does some minor custom work on each game he works on. The guy is really an artist on games from this era. You should see my Sorcerer he did four years ago, that thing blows my guests away when they come by.

#377 6 years ago

He has my Cyclopes playfield now and I'm anxious to see it when he's done. I like that he kept true to the art and put one of the signature features of the playfield on the front of the cabinet.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Keith Holbrook has finished our Quicksilver.

Congrats TigerLaw! Freakin' beautiful!! Now I have just a plain ol' Quicksilver...

Quoted from brenna98:

I’m finally going to join the club!

Yes!!!! brenna way to go!! I know you were hunting for a long time. Awesome move by Drewblood helping you out.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, light green over black. I'll take a ton of pics of it on Wednesday for you guys. I'm super excited to have it back.

Your light green over black apron interests me. Earlier in this QS forum questions were raised about the different colors of aprons. There is red/orange over black and light green over a darker green. Now here comes yours with a light green over black apron.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Your light green over black apron interests me. Earlier in this QS forum questions were raised about the different colors of aprons. There is red/orange over black and light green over a darker green. Now here comes yours with a light green over black apron.

Yep; I'm going to take a lot of pictures tomorrow when Keith drops off the machine. I'll post them all here.

We cleared out space for the game yesterday, going to be awesome having QS back in the collection.

#381 6 years ago

Well.. besides being dirty it's not too bad.
I got some flaking on the bottom of the BG. PF looks decent. Cab is good. Boards look clean. It didn't boot, but that's expected.
Only one broken plastic, but it's a clean break, so no worries there.
Now the fun begins!

IMG_2374 (resized).JPGIMG_2374 (resized).JPG

IMG_2375 (resized).JPGIMG_2375 (resized).JPG

IMG_2376 (resized).JPGIMG_2376 (resized).JPG

IMG_2377 (resized).JPGIMG_2377 (resized).JPG

IMG_2378 (resized).JPGIMG_2378 (resized).JPG

IMG_2379 (resized).JPGIMG_2379 (resized).JPG

#382 6 years ago
#383 6 years ago

Congrats on the find! It looks like the way you found yours is how people that want a QS will find them from now on (not originally in collector's hands). My wife plays QS more than any other pin in my collection, so that means mine is staying FOREVER

#384 6 years ago

corrected the card size

Cards, spinners, drops.pdfCards, spinners, drops.pdf

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There is red/orange over black and light green over a darker green. Now here comes yours with a light green over black apron.

Looks like brenna98 also has the light green over black.

Keith delivered my QS today and set it up. I had to run back to office but I'm going to be taking a bunch of pics and posting them. It plays fast fast fast.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It plays fast fast fast.

That's the way I like it

#387 6 years ago

Congrats Brenna!

I obtained mine through an usual way as well....looking back on it I thought I was making a mistake. Sometimes you have to go with your gut though.

#388 6 years ago

Heck, we were so busy playing it tonight we didn't take pictures of the game, just us playing it. My mother in law even enjoyed it.

IMG_4782 (resized).JPGIMG_4782 (resized).JPGIMG_4775 (resized).JPGIMG_4775 (resized).JPGIMG_4766 (resized).JPGIMG_4766 (resized).JPG

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Heck, we were so busy playing it tonight we didn't take pictures of the game, just us playing it. My mother in law even enjoyed it.

Okay, show of hands, who else was disappointed there was no picture of the dog playing!

Congrats on the delivery!

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

My wife plays QS more than any other pin in my collection, so that means mine is staying FOREVER

Smart wife

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My mother in law even enjoyed it.

I hope you have a good relationship with your mother-in-law because now she may never leave.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

corrected the card size

I like those cards. Might use them. Thanks!

#393 6 years ago

Thanks! I'm limited with my computer art skills, but they get the job done.
Now I just need a nice game to put them in.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Thanks! I'm limited with my computer art skills, but they get the job done.
Now I just need a nice game to put them in.

You scored a nice Quicksilver. With just a little elbow grease, you will have a real nice one. You picked up a super play field.

#395 6 years ago

Anybody know where I can find a Quicksilver manual? I need to figure out how to turn off the extra balls. Thanks!

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anybody know where I can find a Quicksilver manual? I need to figure out how to turn off the extra balls. Thanks!

You can buy a reprint from Marco. Has schematics, too. But let me go look in my manual and I'll come back.

#397 6 years ago

These should get you there.

quicksilver (resized).jpgquicksilver (resized).jpgDragonfist plastics17062017 (resized).jpgDragonfist plastics17062017 (resized).jpg

#398 6 years ago

For future reference, ipdb usually has manuals for most non-gottlieb's, too!

1 week later
#399 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Okay, show of hands, who else was disappointed there was no picture of the dog playing!
Congrats on the delivery!

He has tried to rest his front paws on the machine lock bar. I'll try and get a picture of that for next time. Megatron is scared of the knocker though, it goes off and he takes off.

2 weeks later
#400 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Ha! I just joined the club, and came in here to post the exact same thing. Does anyone know if repro plastics are available?
If anyone has a good scan of this plastic, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Hi folks,
thanks a lot !!!!

There is a scan on IPDB of this plastic . Look in the photos section. no matter i'll post the pic .

My game was missing the correct one too. It had a repro that was solid green art , bah
So I made one and painted it up , on the underside , reverse painted if you see what I mean . i'll download a pic later .

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/1895/image-9.jpg

Quicksilver Plastics scans  (resized).pngQuicksilver Plastics scans (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 959.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

There are 1,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.