20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png
IMG_8007 (resized).png
IMG_8008 (resized).png

There are 1,820 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 37.
#301 6 years ago

Great idea! I think $500 for each classic Stern I own and $400 for each classic Bally.

Maybe sell my Quicksilver for $340 and I can double my money? lol

Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, go ahead and unload your collection so we can get down to business

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, go ahead and unload your collection so we can get down to business

Haha! I love it!

Quoted from DRDAVE:

Quicksilver will be one of the last games of my 50+ old school collection to leave. Sorry but I love the game way too much! =)
EBD is another one that will be among the last to leave.

I see you have a Lazer Lord in your WL. Isn't there only one of those in existence? I remember sitting by and watching that eBay auction and being like, who would pay that kind of money for an old Stern...gosh, if only there was a time machine. Who ended up with that Lazer Lord?

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Great idea! I think $500 for each classic Stern I own and $400 for each classic Bally.
Maybe sell my Quicksilver for $340 and I can double my money? lol

I accept! Offer, acceptance. Just tell me when to come pick them up. Especially that Star Gazer!

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I accept! Offer, acceptance. Just tell me when to come pick them up. Especially that Star Gazer!

No. No. No. He was talking to me No cutting in here

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I see you have a Lazer Lord in your WL. Isn't there only one of those in existence? I remember sitting by and watching that eBay auction and being like, who would pay that kind of money for an old Stern...gosh, if only there was a time machine. Who ended up with that Lazer Lord?

Yes, only one. And the supposed owner of said game lives.....oh right here in Lincoln! I say supposed because I have not seen it, only talk.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

-HSA was not interested in doing an early SS stern Pf

Quoted from brenna98:

Huh? I've seen a Seawitch they have done....
Is it mostly bare wood or what? I'm guessing it's bad if they're turning you down..

How long ago did you ask them. A couple of years ago they told me no also. Now they are doing them.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No. No. No. He was talking to me No cutting in here

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to double his asking price and show up with cash on the glass.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

How long ago did you ask them. A couple of years ago they told me no also. Now they are doing them.

2 months ago I think? He had said he had an issue w a Nineball and would not be doing any restorations unless I could supply NOS inserts in case any issues arise

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

2 months ago I think? He had said he had an issue w a Nineball and would not be doing any restorations unless I could supply NOS inserts in case any issues arise

Ahh. Another pinsider, Seshpilot, had a Seawitch playfield restored by HSA. And then I got a quote from HSA to restore my Seawitch play field which I have not done,yet.

And then Seshpilot sent HSA his Nine Ball playfield and HSA returned a beautiful restored play field. Before he sent his play field to HSA, he was on Pinside looking for some Nine Ball inserts.

Most pinballs have inserts that measure 1/2", 3/4", and 1" inserts. Nine Ball has all of these bastard 7/8" inserts and I don't know of anyone who has managed to locate this size. This may be what is causing HSA heartburn.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yes, only one. And the supposed owner of said game lives.....oh right here in Lincoln! I say supposed because I have not seen it, only talk.

Man, try and get some pics. It hasn't been seen since the auction ended.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How much did that Lazer Lord sell for? Do you remember?

#312 6 years ago

If anyone know the owner of the LL, have them put up a youtube video of it demonstrating the play of the game.

Quoted from cottonm4:

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think it went for 7k range. I'll ask vid, he was wanting it at the time as I recall and likely remembers.

#314 6 years ago

I am new to the Quicksilver club. Just picked up a game. Needs a few things. But I have most of them. Missing boards, and flipper mechs. also missing the spinner assemblies. I have most of the stuff though. I lucked out. The playfield is mostly intact. Not new to the Classic Sterns though. Have owned a Magic since 1981. Have or owned the following: Lectranamo, Big Game, Split Second, Free Fall, Seawitch, Nine Ball, Lightning, Catacomb, and Meteor.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 2.56.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-04 at 2.56.04 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 2.56.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-04 at 2.56.15 PM (resized).png

#315 6 years ago

Those classic Sterns will never be remade. I asked Gary Stern personally. He said that the drop target banks are too expensive and he would have to charge almost as much as for any of the recent titles. He doesn't think there's much demand for a Quicksilver or Seawitch at $5K ...probably right.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

Those classic Sterns will never be remade. I asked Gary Stern personally. He said that the drop target banks are too expensive and he would have to charge almost as much as for any of the recent titles. He doesn't think there's much demand for a Quicksilver or Seawitch at $5K ...probably right.

That's a load of bull.
He probably never really looked into it. Just told you something to shutdown the conversation. Drop target mechs are nothing more than some right angle bent steel with holes drilled.
Also, if people are asking north of 4k for a fully restored Quicksilver, Seawitch, Stargazer, there is no reason why they can't build them.

I for one, would defiantly buy one! It would save me tons of time searching for a project, begging for unubtanium parts and updating outdated technology. Take a look at the Total Nuclear Annihilation or the Tube Time thread; same concept; lots of interest.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

That's a load of bull.
He probably never really looked into it. Just told you something to shutdown the conversation. Drop target mechs are nothing more than some right angle bent steel with holes drilled.
Also, if people are asking north of 4k for a fully restored Quicksilver, Seawitch, Stargazer, there is no reason why they can't build them.
I for one, would defiantly buy one! It would save me tons of time searching for a project, begging for unubtanium parts and updating outdated technology. Take a look at the Total Nuclear Annihilation or the Tube Time thread; same concept; lots of interest.

My magic number is $3,500. If Stern can create Classic Sterns NIB for $3,500 or less (street price), I'm a buyer time and time again.

Marcus

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My magic number is $3,500. If Stern can create Classic Sterns NIB for $3,500 or less (street price), I'm a buyer time and time again.
Marcus

Absolutely. Many of their classic titles will move at $3,500 shipped. Catacomb, Dragonfist, Quicksilver, Stargazer - all will sell a substantial number.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

That's a load of bull.

Agreed. Does anyone know exactly how the rights of classic Sterns are held? Does existing Stern even have the right to reproduce the classic games if they wanted to?

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. Does anyone know exactly how the rights of classic Sterns are held? Does existing Stern even have the right to reproduce the classic games if they wanted to?

At one time Gary's ex had the rights from the divorce.

I'm not sure who has them now.

Greatwitch John would know

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Drop target mechs are nothing more than some right angle bent steel with holes drilled.

Exactly.

Back in the day you would have to have a set of dies made to punch them out.

Nowadays, they are laser cut and then bent on a CNC bender.

We had all of these parts made from 1/4" steel shipped for $200 a set on the Mechmate forum (that center part is 17" for reference):

Photo 1 (resized).jpgPhoto 1 (resized).jpg

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At one time Gary's ex had the rights from the divorce.
I'm not sure who has them now.
Greatwitch John would know

Hey! While you are here I had a question for you about Lazer Lord:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

think it went for 7k range. I'll ask vid, he was wanting it at the time as I recall and likely remembers.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wish I could!

Quoted from DRDAVE:

If anyone know the owner of the LL, have them put up a youtube video of it demonstrating the play of the game.

Wish I could do that too. I'm pretty sure the rules are 100% the same, but I'd love to know if anything is different, like the sounds.

#324 6 years ago

Lazer Lord went for 7K

The ROM for LL is different than Quicksilver, so something is different - but I've never played it to say what the differences are.

#325 6 years ago

Ok, I never noticed the set was dumped on IPDB. I just thought it was unavailable and never looked. I guess I'll be burning a set and trying them out.

#326 6 years ago

You going to try the LL roms in a Quicksilver? That is the closest "cousin" to it?

#327 6 years ago

Yes, I'll give it a try.

#328 6 years ago

Post results or even better, youtube it. =)

Quoted from dothedoo:

Yes, I'll give it a try.

#329 6 years ago

If anything, the sound cues could be different between the two games.

#330 6 years ago

Saw my name above re HSA. Honestly the only reason I sent in the Nine Ball was due to cupped inserts. The pf looked fine but those inserts are awful on most of those games! They do good work for a fair price. PM me if you have specific questions.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

If anything, the sound cues could be different between the two games.

That's my guess of the only differences. The rules are almost assuredly the same.

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

On a separate note. I had asked earlier if anyone had tried out green displays on QS.
I went ahead and got some (thinking I could use them in Seawitch if I didn't like them) and here they are... with my old flaking glass though

How much did those green displays cost and where did you find them? Our Quicksilver restore is finally really getting underway. Thank you!!

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any powder coat suggestions gang?

This thread's gallery, pg 1 last 2 rows

#336 6 years ago

That does look great. Debating between this and polished steel. Would love to see some other colors though.

#337 6 years ago

Quicksilver flyer shows apron yellow green on green. Which is what I remember when I played this game when it first hit the arcade back in 1980.

Flyer here:

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1895&picno=3645&zoom=1

-Dave (Doc)

Quoted from cottonm4:

IPDB shows Ali with red on black.
IPDB shows pictures of QS with green on green and also with red on black.
Big Game play field has lots of green. Apron is red on black.
A puzzle with no answer?

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Quicksilver flyer shows apron yellow green on green. Which is what I remember when I played this game when it first hit the arcade back in 1980.
Flyer here:
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1895&picno=3645&zoom=1
-Dave (Doc)

Here is a pic of one of each. I wish I owned either one of them; I don't. I have a yellow green on green apron from a Hot Hand in my inventory. The Black/Red could be from some left over Meteor stock. Who knows?

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.15.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.15.05 AM (resized).png

#339 6 years ago

That looks great in charcoal powder coat, easy to keep clean.
I Use Charcoal PC now for the legs , after trying silver and A hammered steel finish , I reckon the Charcoal matches with almost any machine . Costs $5 a leg ,plus blasting.
Here's a few , first game Quicksilver , matt black painted , came with the game
2nd Catacomb PC charcoal
3rd Stars PC hammered Silver
4th Dracula PC charcoal
DSCF1490.jpg,1 (resized).jpgDSCF1490.jpg,1 (resized).jpg

Quoted from TigerLaw:

That does look great. Debating between this and polished steel. Would love to see some other colors though.

What about the Fluro Lime green as used on lower playfield. Door , lockdown bar , side rails and legs all fluro

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The Black/Red could be from some left over Meteor stock. Who knows?

It's identical. I actually swapped my old Meteor apron w the QS one that was the same color. The added benefit to me was it was in much better shape and the ultra-cool "selected for tournament play" decal

IMG_7266 (resized).JPGIMG_7266 (resized).JPG

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a pic of one of each. I wish I owned either one of them; I don't. I have a yellow green on green apron from a Hot Hand in my inventory. The Black/Red could be from some left over Meteor stock. Who knows?

Mine was the same when i got her about 8 years ago. Black and Red or dark Orange , I changed it over to green/yellow Hot Hand apron , looks so much better ...
Pinball rescue in Queensland make decals , but none in green yet ,
I will email them and ask if they would consider making some Green/yellow type . and if others are interested , shoot them a email too , they keeps scores!

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

It's identical. I actually swapped my old Meteor apron w the QS one that was the same color. The added benefit to me was it was in much better shape and the ultra-cool "selected for tournament play" decal

Awesome sticker 1979 sweet

#343 6 years ago

If someone want the pale green/dark green version, I can share the files

apronquicksilver (resized).jpegapronquicksilver (resized).jpeg

#344 6 years ago

That sticker came originally came on Nineball and IIRC Meteor. Someone needs to remake that sticker to go on the rest of top 5 Classic Sterns:

Quicksilver
Seawitch
Cheetah
Stargazer

(Stars honorary #6)

Quoted from Ralph67:

Awesome sticker 1979 sweet

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

That decal is awesome. I wonder if we could get the IFPA to run some modern ones. I'd put it on my Sorcerer, QS and Catacomb for sure.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That decal is awesome.

If they gave away decals like that at TPF and HAAG and other tourneys a lot of people would be more inclined to bring their games for the tourneys. A little acknowledgment goes a long way.

#347 6 years ago

I'd be more interested in why PAPA chose Meteor and Nine Ball "Selected for tournament play" and not the others. I thought that's what that decal was all about. If PAPA did not hang that tag, why would you want to?

As an aside: One of the first things I noticed about my Nine Ball is that "tournament pinball" is part of the back glass motif screened on at the factory.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If PAPA did not hang that tag, why would you want to?

Like PavBall, I was thinking of something a bit more modern. I let my Quicksilver be used as a tourney game at HAAG last year for like 8 IFPA sanctioned tourneys. I'd like some modern IFPA decal to put on it like the one shown above since it was used in so many IFPA tourney events at a show as large as HAAG.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd be more interested in why PAPA chose Meteor and Nine Ball "Selected for tournament play" and not the others. I thought that's what that decal was all about

Decal is actually from PAA, not PAPA.
I thought it was only on Nine Ball, as it also has "tournament pinball" on the backglass.
I figured it was the release during a big tournament or something.
Meteor may also have it, maybe I've just never noticed.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Decal is actually from PAA, not PAPA.
I thought it was only on Nine Ball, as it also has "tournament pinball" on the backglass.
I figured it was the release during a big tournament or something.
Meteor may also have it, maybe I've just never noticed.

Meteor does indeed have it too.

Marcus

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 1,820 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.