20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
IMG_8005 (resized).png
There are 1,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 37.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ouch, at 5 bucks a piece I might just use the old ones

Read again: "Five for $4.98" not five dollars a piece.

#652 6 years ago

Question. Can someone tell me how high the following metal guides should be from the playfield:
Metal guides behind the center drop target. Right now I have them so the top of guide is directly in line with rubber ring.
Guides between inlane and slingshots. Right now I have the tops of these guides slightly below the hieght of the rubber ring so as to not obstruct the ring. I'm sure I messed this up, if someone could tell me how high these should be I would appreciate it. Thanks!

#653 6 years ago

Hi all, I'm halfway in the club. I have a body and am looking to rebuild. I figured I might as well post this here in case anyone has any advice. Thanks. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-rebuilding-headless-quicksilver

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Question. Can someone tell me how high the following metal guides should be from the playfield:
Metal guides behind the center drop target. Right now I have them so the top of guide is directly in line with rubber ring.
Guides between inlane and slingshots. Right now I have the tops of these guides slightly below the hieght of the rubber ring so as to not obstruct the ring. I'm sure I messed this up, if someone could tell me how high these should be I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Those bent wire guides should be set so that they are at the halfway mark of a pinball. So about a hair above half inch.

#655 6 years ago

Starting to reassemble

20171111_201357 (resized).jpg20171111_201357 (resized).jpg

#656 6 years ago

Me too!

20171112_021118 (resized).jpg20171112_021118 (resized).jpg

#657 6 years ago

tdiddy and Drano you guys have both done amazing work with those playfields! Love the back to back posts!

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

tdiddy and drano you guys have both done amazing work with those playfields! Love the back to back posts!

Thanks!
QS is already so hard. It's going to SUCK playing this game until the clearcoat settles down a bit.
Thank God someone is working on repro plastics!

#659 6 years ago

I'm thinking of taking the center plastic off for awhile. Game is scary fast, ball keeps smacking the glass all over the playfield!
Heck even the outhole kicker seems way too amped up! SMACK!

#660 6 years ago

Should I be concerned or not by the lip by the pops

20171113_192230 (resized).jpg20171113_192230 (resized).jpg

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

QS is already so hard. It's going to SUCK playing this game until the clearcoat settles down a bit.

Actually, it's MORE fun to play. I love it when I put fresh wax on mine. So fast it's ridiculous.

#662 6 years ago

Just curious, my QS outhole kicker is way too strong and fires the ball out so fast it sometimes bounces back onto the rail under the apron. Does anyone else have this issue? The coil is the same # as specified in the manual but I am very concerned about the gun-like nature of this outhole kicker. Are there any tricks to slow it down? Could I add a resistor to this circuit? Or is there a less powerful coil someone would recommend? This thing is bonkers!

#663 6 years ago

Re-assembly is complete. All bugs and tweaks addressed.

It still plays mean, but manageable. Soooo smooth

20171117_233300 (resized).jpg20171117_233300 (resized).jpg

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Re-assembly is complete. All bugs and tweaks addressed.
It still plays mean, but manageable. Soooo smooth

Looks nice, Drano.

#665 6 years ago

Looks great Drano, I see you've got some green displays on your machine!
Coincidentally, my project for today is building some colored displays. I am just soldering these UNO displays together right now! I'm really happy with the design of these boards, they are really well thought out. I am also very happy that I ordered the green filters!

IMG_20171118_103242880 (resized).jpgIMG_20171118_103242880 (resized).jpg

#666 6 years ago

Best part of a restore

20171118_190138 (resized).jpg20171118_190138 (resized).jpg

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Best part of a restore

I'm going with sanding new inserts.

IMG_5151 (resized).JPGIMG_5151 (resized).JPG

#668 6 years ago

UNO displays are now assembled and installed! Didn't take too long to put 5 displays together (and I suck at soldering so someone else could do it a lot faster). I really like the green!

IMG_20171119_164444145_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20171119_164444145_TOP (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#669 6 years ago

greatwichjohn In a separate thread you are asking for Bally and Williams playfield titles that; haven’t been produced before, and are not currently slated to be produced in the near future by other parties (verifying with Rick at PPS). Do you have any plans to make Quicksilver playfields? Also you don’t currently make Quicksilver backglasses. Why not add this product to your offering?

To help John measure interest, who would be interested in preordering a Quicksilver playfield/backglass? I’m down for a playfield, and a backglass if the playfield is produced.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

greatwichjohn In a separate thread you are asking for Bally and Williams playfield titles that; haven’t been produced before, and are not currently slated to be produced in the near future by other parties (verifying with Rick at PPS). Do you have any plans to make Quicksilver playfields? Also you don’t currently make Quicksilver backglasses. Why not add this product to your offering?
To help John measure interest, who would be interested in preordering a Quicksilver playfield/backglass? I’m down for a playfield, and a backglass if the playfield is produced.

I would definitely buy a playfield in a heartbeat. Do not need a backglass.

#671 6 years ago

I'd go for a play filed and a back glass. But BG Resto already does QS back glasses.

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

To help John measure interest, who would be interested in preordering a Quicksilver playfield/backglass?

I’d be in.

#673 6 years ago

expect waiting a Very Long time if you're hoping John will do this. You're better off getting a BGresto glass and having your PF restored.

#674 6 years ago

Anyone know how many units CPR moves for one of their boutique runs? Are there enough of us that they would consider doing it?

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

how many units CPR moves for one of their boutique runs?

Just a guess, but I think this is the reason for the PPS/John Greatwich announcement to do Bally/Williams titles. Not enough interest for CPR to consider the boutique runs...

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Anyone know how many units CPR moves for one of their boutique runs? Are there enough of us that they would consider doing it?

I think they would sell out a run of 50 QS quick. I'd buy a gold level one for sure.

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Wasn't it CPR that Clay convinced to do a small run of Gottlieb MERMAID playfields a while back? I think he had to comit to buying 10 of them or something like that. I can't imagine that would include artists time though. I assume Clay had to provide that. Maybe someone here knows the full story?

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Not enough interest for CPR to consider the boutique runs...

CPR requested a Star Gazer playfield to scan and the last newsletter I saw showed art for Seawitch. With John doing both of those I think the demand for them would be less than QS.

Also, they're still gauging interest in a boutique run for Meteor. Although I'm interested in one, I think more QS playfields would sell due to the value of the game.

#679 6 years ago

Should a list outside of CPR get put together for these repros please add me to it.

#680 6 years ago

Side by side comparison

FB_IMG_1512481411933 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1512481411933 (resized).jpg

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Side by comparison

Looks great Tom!!

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Side by side comparison

OK. Yes. I'll do shipping. Please ship to:

#683 6 years ago

Guys, trying to figure out what I want to do with my flipper bats?

White bats green rubbers
Or
Yellow bats green rubbers

I'm leaning towards yellow with green

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Guys, trying to figure out what I want to do with my flipper bats?
White bats green rubbers
Or
Yellow bats green rubbers
I'm leaning towards yellow with green

I stuck with the standard white bats and traditional Stern yellow rubber. Seemed to work well with this colour scheme

As seen here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome/page/14#post-4071203

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I stuck with the standard white bats and traditional Stern yellow rubber. Seemed to work well with this colour scheme

I will also be going with the standard white bats and yellow rubber.

#686 6 years ago

I am using red but only temporarily. I will be switching over to yellow very soon.

#687 6 years ago

I remember a seminar with Doug Watson on one of the Pinball Expos where Doug told us he was told not to use green as a main colour on the playfield. Well, Doug didn't listen or ignored it.
Got one, my other old Stern (German for Star) games are: Nine Ball, Stargazer, Flight 2000, Free Fall, Catacomb, Lightning and Seawitch. As in the late seventies and early eighties the Dutch importer for Stern was in my home town I've played all old Sterns but Lazer Lord (but who has played the latter?). Previously owned Stern games are: Hot Hand, Cheetah, Split Second, Big Game, Orbitor 1 (just the weight of the playfield ), Iron Maiden and Viper (gorgeous back glass but I didn't like the game play at all). Despite the age I think the game play of quite a number of these machines was quite good. And yes, if you adjust the spinners perfect you can easily have more than one hundred spins in one shot.

#688 6 years ago

Guys there is no concern from me of CPR doing any title they want. I produce very low volume of playfields so it's like a rerun of their playfields. I just have no art available to produce playfields after Seawitch. Since I do glass under license (very little sales on 3 em titles). Rick is interested in seeing more product available. I have always been interested in more Stern titles, but there is no art coming my way. I always thought this was the best sound game of its time, & have had 4 of them in the past. All had well worn playfields from heavy use.
Everyone complains about my pictures being crap, here is another one. New Seawitch is nice in person.

IMG_1282 (resized).JPGIMG_1282 (resized).JPG

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Guys there is no concern from me of CPR doing any title they want. I produce very low volume of playfields so it's like a rerun of their playfields. I just have no art available to produce playfields after Seawitch. Since I do glass under license (very little sales on 3 em titles). Rick is interested in seeing more product available. I have always been interested in more Stern titles, but there is no art coming my way. I always thought this was the best sound game of its time, & have had 4 of them in the past. All had well worn playfields from heavy use.
Everyone complains about my pictures being crap, here is another one. New Seawitch is nice in person.

John, the pic may be crap but the colors look real nice in this pic.

#690 6 years ago

Thanks John. Keep up the great work. It is very much appreciated by us Classic Stern nuts. I have your Star Gazer play field and it will be going into my game shortly.

Cheers,

Mark Salas

#691 6 years ago

In the list of cottonm4 I see there are 2,288 Pinball games build. I've got both a flyer of a EM version and a SS version. Does anyone knows how the total number is split between these two?

1 month later
#693 6 years ago

Hi @tdiddy, What are you using for new plastics?

#694 6 years ago

Know of any one that would touch up and restore a QS playfield? I sent mine in to HSA last year but they are exiting the business....

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Know of any one that would touch up and restore a QS playfield? I sent mine in to HSA last year but they are exiting the business....

What was that, again ?

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

DK try CaptainNeo or High End Pins in NC. Or you could skip this and sell it to me!

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Hi tdiddy, What are you using for new plastics?

Pm me

1 week later
#698 6 years ago

If anyone comes by a backglass, please let me know.

Anyone have perhaps a good scan of which I could print myself a translite as a temporary solution?

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from root:

Anyone have perhaps a good scan of which I could print myself a translite as a temporary solution?

greatwichjohn John do you have any art for this backglass? I have found a couple of people on Facebook looking for this backglass in the last few months. I think that if you started offering this item for sale you could pick up several sales. People can order them from Bgresto but he usually takes 2-3 months to fill orders.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from root:

I grabbed a repro glass from BGresto. It took forever, but the quality is good for a printed glass.

I also have the original as a spare, but it has some damage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 959.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 3.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.