(Topic ID: 261390)

Quicksilver Ball Guide Sets (now in production)

By djblouw

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by djblouw
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

39D01A81-7546-49D2-89DB-07BA3C3E2FB3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpg
IMG_0211 (resized).jpg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpg
IMG_0210 (resized).jpg
IMG_0205 (resized).jpg
IMG_0203 (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0204 (resized).jpg
IMG_0137 (resized).jpg
IMG_0154 (resized).jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

As previously discussed in my Quicksilver build thread, I needed a set of ball guides for the game. So, I decided to make a set for myself and a couple friends. Since it turned out that a lot of people are also interested, I’m making them for the community.

Here’s what is being offered:
Metal ball guide set, consisting of two pieces (large and small). Price $65/set
Wire ball guide set, consisting of 9 pieces. Price $85/set
Eject shield bracket, one piece. Price $NA (no longer in production, unless large batch ordered)

These can be ordered in any combination. The prices do not include shipping

I have 10 complete sets finished, so these will be ready to ship late next week (I need to clean up the wire guides). If you’ve already shown interest in getting a set, no need to contact me again. I’ll be contacting everyone to confirm your request, in the order they were received.

If you don’t hear from me right away, please note that it will be approximately two-to-three weeks between batches, so you may be later on the list. I will make a set for everyone that wants one, so you won’t be left out, but it may be later when you get them.

The wire guides will be cleaned, but you may want to polish them. The metal guides and eject bracket will be left as standard stainless steel. This will allow you to finish the rails as you want (brushed, mirror, etc), or you can leave them as-is.

I’ll follow up with installation instructions, in case you need some direction.
IMG_0137 (resized).jpgIMG_0137 (resized).jpg
IMG_0154 (resized).jpgIMG_0154 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

very excited, as this was the last piece of the puzzle of my re-theme. cant wait!!

#3 4 years ago

Nice! Thank you for doing this!

#4 4 years ago

Here are the install instructions. I was going to print out a copy with each shipment, but figured this would be more environmentally friendly.

=================================================================

Stern Quicksilver Ball Guide Installation

Thank you for purchasing a set of ball guides from me. I’ve done this to help out others that are building/restoring a QS.

Please keep in mind that many of these components are fabricated by hand and there will be some variation. Also, variation in the playfield hole location and wooden playfield rails will be present. You may need to slightly adjust some of the components to get them to mate properly in your application.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me.

#5 4 years ago

Metal Ball Guide (2 pieces)
==================
1) For the small ball guide (with the tight bend), place the guide on the playfield lining it up with the hole locations.
2) Start at the mounting tab on the top left and insert screws. Do not fully tighten them down yet, as you may need some adjustment.
IMG_0204 (resized).jpgIMG_0204 (resized).jpg
3) Continue clockwise around the guide inserting screws, but not tightening.
4) Once all screws are in place go back to the top right mounting tab and tighten down the screws, working around the ball guide until all are tight.
IMG_0205 (resized).jpgIMG_0205 (resized).jpg

==================
1) For the large ball guide, place the guide on the playfield, lining it up with the hole locations. Be careful not to scratch the playfield.
2) Start at the mounting tab on the left side and insert screws. Do not fully tighten them down yet, as you may need some adjustment.
3) Use a clamp at the location of the nail hole to hold the ball guide to the wooden rail.
IMG_0202 (resized).jpgIMG_0202 (resized).jpg
4) Continue clockwise around the guide inserting screws, but not tightening.
5) Once all screws are in place, use a drill to make holes in the wooden playfield rails, where the two holes in the metal ball guide are located. A 1/16” drill bit is recommended, but may vary depending on your nail or screw.
6) Attach the metal ball guide to the wooden playfield rail (using nail or screw)
7) Starting at the left mounting tab and tighten the screws down, working around the ball guide until all are tight.
IMG_0203 (resized).jpgIMG_0203 (resized).jpg

You will notice some white showing through at the very top center of the large rail. This is because the artwork was not extended far enough on the repro pf, unlike the original pf. If you prefer, you can add a 3/8" spacer behind the ball guide (where the nail would go) and this should take up most of the gap.

#6 4 years ago

Wire Ball Guide (9 pieces)
================
1) All holes for wire ball guides should be pre-drilled. IMG_0208 (resized).jpgIMG_0208 (resized).jpg
Use a 3/32” drill bit. Do not drill all the way through the playfield. Use a drill stop for the correct depth.IMG_0206 (resized).jpgIMG_0206 (resized).jpg
2) Start with the smallest guides (since they are in a non-visible spot). Align the wire guide with the two holes in the playfield, and gently push into playfield.
IMG_0209 (resized).jpgIMG_0209 (resized).jpg
3) Using a rubber mallet and short block of wood, place the block of wood over the guide and tap with the rubber mallet directly over the insertion point until the guide is at the correct depth.
IMG_0210 (resized).jpgIMG_0210 (resized).jpg
IMG_0211 (resized).jpgIMG_0211 (resized).jpg
4) Continue placing the remaining ball guides on the playfield. As mentioned above, you may need to slightly bend the guide or the legs to get them to line up with your playfield. This can be done by hand—just be careful.
5) The two largest guides go at the top of the playfield, on each side. They are very close in size, but not exactly the same. The guide with the BLACK ZIP TIE is to be placed on the right side (just atop the shooter lane).

#7 4 years ago

Eject Shield Bracket (1 piece)

============

1) Place bracket on playfield, lining it up with the hole locations
2) Insert screws into hole and tighten

#8 4 years ago

Hi please put me down for a full set!

Cheers,
Neil.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hi please put me down for a full set!
Cheers,
Neil.

Got you down for a full set. I'll be in contact when they're close to shipping.

#10 4 years ago

Please put me down for a full set ! Thanks for making these!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Please put me down for a full set ! Thanks for making these!

Yes, already have you down for a set (from the other thread). I think you're in the second batch to be made.

#12 4 years ago

I’ll take the full set of guides and wire forms. Thanks for doing these!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Peabo:

I’ll take the full set of guides and wire forms. Thanks for doing these!

Got you down on the list.

#14 4 years ago

I would also like a full set! many thanks!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I would also like a full set! many thanks!

And you’re on the list.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Metal ball guide set, consisting of two pieces (large and small). Price $50/set
Wire ball guide set, consisting of 9 pieces. Price $50/set
Eject shield bracket, one piece. Price $7

I'll buy the whole package too.
-Mike

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I'll buy the whole package too.
-Mike

You have also been added to the list.

#18 4 years ago

I am in for the whole package as well.

Gabe

#19 4 years ago

I’ll buy the whole package as well

John

#20 4 years ago

This is one hot selling item! Quicksilvers for the masses!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I am in for the whole package as well.
Gabe

Quoted from 29REO:

I’ll buy the whole package as well
John

Already got you two on the list. You're on the bubble of the first batch/second batch. If a couple people back out, you'll be in the first batch.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

This is one hot selling item! Quicksilvers for the masses!

Sheesh. Tell me about it. I figured maybe 5-10 people would want them to build their own. But, it's not a bad thing to have more Quicksilver's in the world.

3 weeks later
#22 4 years ago

Next batch is in progress. I’ve got the wire ball guides produced and will now start the metal guides.

I’ll notify the next people on the list late this week.

If you don’t get a pm from me, don’t worry, you’ll be in the batch after this one.

#23 4 years ago

Put me down for the whole package!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from msarac:

Put me down for the whole package!

The list has now been increased by one.

#25 4 years ago

I might be on the list... If not, please put me down for one full set! Thanks!!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

I might be on the list... If not, please put me down for one full set! Thanks!!

Yes, you’re on the list and in the current batch being made.

#27 4 years ago

I think I’m already on the list for a full set

#28 4 years ago

Just curious to where I sit on the list?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I think I’m already on the list for a full set

The list will not increase, since your name is already on there. (You’re on the bubble of this batch)

Quoted from Pinballer73:

Just curious to where I sit on the list?

You’re in this batch. I know we may combine some parts for you. So pm me, and we can sort it out.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

You’re in this batch. I know we may combine some parts for you. So pm me, and we can sort it out.

Awesome, thanks. PM sent.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Metal ball guide set, consisting of two pieces (large and small). Price $50/set
Wire ball guide set, consisting of 9 pieces. Price $50/set
Eject shield bracket, one piece. Price $7

I would greatly appreciate to be put on the list for the full set please!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I would greatly appreciate to be put on the list for the full set please!

You have now made the list.

#33 4 years ago

I would buy a full set. Lmk. Thx!

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

I would buy a full set. Lmk. Thx!

And the list continues to grow. You have been added.

2 weeks later
#35 4 years ago

Just got mine. GREAT quality! Highly recommended.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Just got mine. GREAT quality! Highly recommended.

Thanks!

I have more sets ready to go, but am going to have problems shipping them out right now, due to the lock down.

I’ll be making the next batch in a couple weeks. When things are back to normal, I should be able to fill most orders.

1 month later
#37 3 years ago

Just finished up the next batch. I’ll be contacting people this week.

I’ve got one more batch to make, and then I’m all caught up.

I’ll probably start another guide set for a different machine soon.

Thanks for all the orders!

6 months later
#38 3 years ago

I've contacted the next group of people on the list.

I only have plans for one more batch at this time. If you'd like a set let me know and I can add your name.

#39 3 years ago

Received mine the other day...all shined up and ready! Thanks Daane! Great product.

39D01A81-7546-49D2-89DB-07BA3C3E2FB3 (resized).jpeg39D01A81-7546-49D2-89DB-07BA3C3E2FB3 (resized).jpeg
#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

Received mine the other day...all shined up and ready! Thanks Daane! Great product.
[quoted image]

Great! I can’t wait to see pictures of the machine when you have it finished.

Enjoy!

1 month later
#41 3 years ago

All requests for ball guides for QS have been fulfilled.

I still have some sets left over from the last (final?) batch, so if you're interested in building your own QS, please contact me for a set.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I still have some sets left over from the last (final?) batch, so if you're interested in building your own QS, please contact me for a set.

amazing work, thanks again!

1 month later
#43 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I have now sold the last set.

I will make more sets, but will now need a minimum amount to make it viable. This will be 10 sets (or so). So if you need a set, add your name in this thread, and once we hit the quantity, I'll start another batch.

Thanks to everyone that has ordered, and I look forward to seeing the results.

2 months later
#44 2 years ago

Please add me to the list for a Quicksilver guide set in the next run

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Please add me to the list for a Quicksilver guide set in the next run

You have now made the list for the next batch. I'm thinking it will be a month, or two until I start the batch.

If anyone else wants to get on the list, please let me know.

1 month later
#46 2 years ago

dj: I'm in for another set please

Neil.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dj: I'm in for another set please
Neil.

Alright, got you down for another. I’ll be in contact when the next batch starts.

1 month later
#48 2 years ago

Hi Daane, please include me in the next batch. I have another Meteor that will become a Quicksilver with your help.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Hi Daane, please include me in the next batch. I have another Meteor that will become a Quicksilver with your help.

Got you added to the list Chris.

That’s now 6 names on the list, so once summer winds down, I’ll start the next batch.

3 months later
#50 2 years ago

I only need the metal ball guides. I’m in for those if available. Thanks.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-ball-guide-sets-now-in-production and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.