Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What's the quickest you've sealed and deal via Pinside PM and fully paid for a pin?”

• 1 hour or less 6 votes
    22%
  • 1-12 hours 3 votes
    11%
  • 12-24 hours 7 votes
    26%
  • 1-2 days 2 votes
    7%
  • 2-3 days 3 votes
    11%
  • 3-4 days 3 votes
    11%
  • 4-5 days 1 vote
    4%
  • 5-6 days 0 votes
  • more than 6 days 2 votes
    7%

(27 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I've walked past The Hobbit many times. The game or story never interested me. But about a month ago I played one at a place in Japan, then I played another game, then another... you get the idea.
I put a couple hours on The Hobbit that day and started looking for one to add to my collection. I was torn between Black Arrow and Smaug. Eight days later I found one Pinside not to far away (190 miles). I start up a PM dialogue, strike a deal and have the pin fully paid via wire transfer only 13 hours 10 minutes later.

Now I just need to get a day free to drive and pick it up!

#2 5 years ago

There's times I've agreed to purchase a machine in under an hour, but payment would be in person a few days later when we could meet up. Requiring "fully paid for" for the timing seems weird to me.

#3 5 years ago

A lot of people buying in person probably strike and complete a deal in short order; “cash on the glass”, as they say. I just thought my Pnside deal was pretty quick at 13 hours from purchase to completion.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

A lot of people buying in person probably strike and complete a deal in short order; “cash on the glass”, as they say. I just thought my Pnside deal was pretty quick at 13 hours from purchase to completion.

But you say "payment sent" (but not necessarily received), or machine received, is 'completion'. I'd consider me offering via PM to purchase a game at a price and the seller agreeing to that that as much a sale as you sending some money. Many games aren't purchased via wire transfer. The only true completion is having the game, which can understandably take a while, or be very quick if it's all done in person. But you specified starting from a PM, not in person.

#5 5 years ago

To me, the money transfer is the point of sale. Before that it is just talk.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I’ve lost sales of pinball mods I’ve collected over the years from posting ‘deal pending’ Then dude disappears.

Never on a pin though. PP a down payment via friends/ family and that shows you’re pretty serious.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I consider the point where we've agreed on a price and a date to pick it up to be 'done'. Only had one person change their mind after we'd agreed to a sale (someone else offered them more), and I consider it very bad manners. Now I don't deal with either of them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quickest-pinside-purchase-another-poll?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.