• Latest reply 5 years ago by jaytrem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot at 2018-12-05 04-05-05 (resized).png
GI Circuits (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaytrem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Last night I started fixing a few things on the Hurricane I recently purchased. 2 of the 3 GI circuits in the head were out when I started. After reseating the connector 1 came to life. I used my DMM to test the pins/fuse on the power board. Everything runs off of J121(chart is below), and I can see there was some previous work done in the area (pins 10 and 11 replaced). The feeds are on pins 1, 2 and 5. 1 and 5 test fine with the correct returns. 2 only tests okay with the returns from 1 or 5, it also tests okay with the unused pin 9 (should work with pin 8). So it looks like pin 8 is bad.

Now the questions...

Should pin 9 normally work? Or was that more likely the result of some work on the board? I'd rather not take the whole board out to look for a modification if somebody already knows the answer.

One option for a workaround would be to be to combine two circuits, I figure it should be fine power wise since the bulbs are LEDs. The downside to that is the light show isn't quite right. However if I use two feeds but have them use the same return, I think the light show would work properly. My question, how bad an idea is it to do that?

Thanks!!!

GI Circuits (resized).jpgGI Circuits (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I wouldn't do it - one easy option is to swap 120/121. Check your fuses again, but remove a side or pull it out completely

Thanks everyone.

I did remove the fuse, wish that was the problem. Not sure what you mean by swapping 120/121. Could you elaborate? Thanks!

Bit reluctant to take the board out since everything else is working great. Probably the best thing to do in the long run though. Too bad they only replaced the 10/11 pins and didn't do the whole thing. Wonder if they damaged 8 in the process and didn't bother going back.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

120 and 121 are both gi circuits tied together and the connectors can be swapped

Ahhh, didn't realize they were tied together. That makes sense now. Thanks again.

Quoted from wayout440:

Here is the section in the schematics.

Picture is worth a thousand works, thanks.

I'll test some stuff after work.

#9 5 years ago

No luck with the swap. Pin 8 to pin 8 test fine, but got nothing going to the fuse. Guess I'll have to take the board out at some point and see what's going on on the other side. The board does have a couple Betson stickers on it from 1996, so I assume they did some work on it. Also the MPU was replaced with a Rottendog at some point. The machine is super clean, so maybe a HUO and nobody bothered to change the batteries.

Thanks again for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaytrem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-wpc-gi-question?tu=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.