Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm unsure if these deep rule games are all what they're cracked up to be...

I used to own a WH20...
Sometimes I would plunge the ball, flail away and lock a couple balls. Throughout this I would lite 5X Playfield and lock my 3rd ball. This would result in a VERY exciting game with possible high scores within minutes of plunging.

For some stupid reason I sold it, then after a year of being pinless, I bought a SM.
I love this game, but I feel if I don't smash out 2 modes and 1 round of villans each on the first ball, then it's a waste of game. You know what I mean? It seams to me that a lot of these new games have a lot of wood chopping.

SM will not leave as I vowed to never sell a game again!
However, to contrast this title and create a little bit of dynamic to my collection, are there any other games that serve up a little more... instant gratification? I don't want to sound cheap, but I do appreciate a fast and loose game.

What's your favorite quick thrill title?

#2 9 years ago

Ironman has this in spades. Xmen actually does a good job of this as well, as there are many different multiballs, and you can build up quite a score from all of them.

#3 9 years ago

Ironman.

#4 9 years ago

Damn!!
Last/first time i played IM, the flipper buttons themselves were stickey so I had a horrible experience.

#5 9 years ago

Pretty much everything in my collection.

It just depends on what mood I'm in that day.

#6 9 years ago

Damn, you livin the dream!
My next pin will be an EM, so im hopin i can look into a pin for an in between from there.

#7 9 years ago

Fish Tales.

Fast and Fun but very simple game. Always like to put in a couple games on this title from time to time.

#8 9 years ago

Definitely Fish Tales

#9 9 years ago

T-2. 350 million in less than ten minutes. Smoking fast game, but simple rules. Just like I like my women.

#10 9 years ago

Bram Stoker's Dracula
Mousin' Around (2x playfield + jackpot / million = awesome)
Radical!
Demolition Man (who doesn't love the multiballs?)

#11 9 years ago

Iron Man, No Fear

EMs... Just about any, but I'll choose Slick Chick

#12 9 years ago

Twister.

A lot of people don't like it for this reason, but for kids and the wife, it's perfect. Fast and furious action. Especially with 5-ball multiball.

#13 9 years ago

Hey,

Not a lot of people give it much love, but you can flail around on Big Buck Hunter and not have a clue what's going on and about a minute later start one of a bazillion multiballs.

Luke

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Bram Stoker's Dracula
Mousin' Around (2x playfield + jackpot / million = awesome)
Radical!
Demolition Man (who doesn't love the multiballs?)

I don't know about Demolition Man. My games can last a LONG time.

Not sure how the best answer to this question isn't Iron Man. For me it's the most fun I can have doing something I totally suck at.

#16 9 years ago

BSD, and the best of the lot - Sinbad! You can have an awesome game in sub 5 minutes. Sinbad is my favourite game when really good players get together. No 15 minute ball times, whole 4 player games can be over in 10 mins, with everyone having fun.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from onetaste:

the best of the lot - Sinbad! You can have an awesome game in sub 5 minutes. Sinbad is my favourite game when really good players get together. No 15 minute ball times, whole 4 player games can be over in 10 mins, with everyone having fun.

True that. I traded my first Sinbad thinking it was too simple (not easy), and I would get tired of it, but that was the very reason I needed to get another one. Simple to learn, hard to master games are the perfect compliment to deeper mode-based tables.

I would also add Flash Gordon. Games are fast, explosive, and exciting from the first plunge to the last.

#18 9 years ago

BS, WWF:RR, and LW3......all for sale too I might add.

#19 9 years ago

I'd vote Getaway. Very straightforward rules, and two ways to play it. Just try to lock a couple and run the red light, or make a dash for Redline Mania! Getting away from the cops is a rush, and the super jackpot is great. Just a fun romp around the game, nothing too serious, and you can do everything for running the red light in one ball, so a first ball failure isn't that big a deal.

#20 9 years ago

I'm with everybody saying Ironman here. Great quick/intense game. Getaway is a good one too.

#21 9 years ago

Corvette and Shadow are good for quick games.

#22 9 years ago

Acdc. Then, a game of Defender (vid).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-thrill-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.