1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Can I use leds in a bally kiss or do I need to install an OCD board or some other mod?

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Can I use leds in a bally kiss or do I need to install an OCD board or some other mod?

You will need to do one of 3 things.

New LDB from alltek or nvram.weebly or add these to your existing LDB https://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=44&controller=product&id_lang=1 or add a resistor to each lamp socket that is used for controlled lamps.

#3 1 year ago

When it comes to legacy Bally games you can freely use LEDs for the GI lighting without any board modification. In fact, I highly recommend replacing GI lights in all games as it reduces heat and power stress and helps to preserve sensitive elements like the backglass, plastic, and rubber.

As for the switched lamps, that can be argued both ways. Non ghosting LEDs like Comet sells can often be freely installed without board or resistor modifications. However in some instances even non-ghosting LEDs can have noticeable flicker. My personal opinion is where bulbs sit unexposed benefits of LEDs are minimal and to leave them as incandescent. In other locations, such as where the bulb is exposed or behind the backglass, LEDs have sufficient benefit to be worth installing. If you want to experiment it would cause no harm to try Comet non-ghosting LEDs and note if you observe noticeable flicker before performing any mods.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-question-leds-in-bally-kiss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.