Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi guys, I sold a Top Card to a guy today and he got it home and it was playing fine. He says he was playing a game and in the middle of the game the playfield went dead, but TILT is flashing. If tilt was not flashing, I assume it could be a variety of things, but since TILT is flashing, that HAS to be a tilt or anti-cheat switch, right?

Anything else likely? I'm thinking I'll have to go over to his house to diagnose and fix.

He says it won't come out of TILT. If he powers off and then on again, he gets lights in the head and TILT flashing but playfield is dead.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

since TILT is flashing, that HAS to be a tilt or anti-cheat switch,

Probably. Simple things first. Is the manual or something else in the cabinet up against the tilt?
That's happened to me, more than once.

#3 4 years ago

roll tilt ball perhaps?

#4 4 years ago

Common problem after moving a machine. What has happened is either the roll ball tilt has rolled forward and got stuck or else the plumb bob tilt has something that has moved against it.

#5 4 years ago

Turns out it was a blown 10 amp fuse to the 25 V side. I think it was just an old, bad fuse that somehow I neglected to replace.

I cannot find anything else wrong with the game, none of the coils are overheating, etc.

I played five or six games afterwards and tested all of the playfield switches, pop bumpers, etc. multiple times and the game seems to be playing fine. Hopefully it was just a bad fuse.

#6 4 years ago

Hopefully it was just a bad fuse.

Sometimes it really is only a fuse.

#7 4 years ago

Weak fuse holders lead to terminal over heating which can shorten the life of fuse.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Weak fuse holders lead to terminal over heating which can shorten the life of fuse.

I guess if he calls me again, I'll maybe replace the fuse holder with a new one, just to see if that solves the problem. Or I can try cleaning and tightening the old one again first.

#9 4 years ago

in the middle of the game the playfield went dead, but TILT is flashing.

If the Tilt triggered, maybe not a weak fuse or holder.
Something may have blown that fuse.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Yea, a stray wire etc. can be difficult to reproduce. maybe the pop got stuck on and blew the fuse

#11 4 years ago

I had a similar thing happen on my Flip a Card two weeks ago. Game started and kicked the ball to the shooter lane but I had a completely dead playfield except for lights.

Turned out a wire had come loose from the Tilt relay that connects to the Reset Completed relay. Luckily it didn’t touch anything.

#12 4 years ago

So far so good. He’s played it a ton since last night and nothings blown. But let’s see what happens over the next day or two.

#13 4 years ago

So far so good. He’s played it a ton since last night and nothings blown. But let’s see what happens over the next day or two.

Wow, your pretty nice/generous w your time..I believe in helping someone out that buys a pin from me..but after a bit, they have to hopefully learn to read/diagnose small simple repairs..isn’t that part of the fun..to fix a problem, and play on?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Wow, your pretty nice/generous w your time..I believe in helping someone out that buys a pin from me..but after a bit, they have to hopefully learn to read/diagnose small simple repairs..isn’t that part of the fun..to fix a problem, and play on?

Well, it was literally the day he picked the game up from me.

#15 4 years ago

Well, it was literally the day he picked the game up from me.

I sold a Volley 15 years ago to a family right before Christmas. I get a call after New Years saying they can't get a game to start. I go see the game and find my fix for free play didn't hold. There were several credits on the game when they picked it up but once those ran out it wouldn't play. I felt so bad and wished they would have called me right away, even on Christmas day.

Like your story, it was an easy fix.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Agree because that’s really how you learn but the gesture is what makes Pinsiders awesome.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

When 24V fuse opens, game goes to tilt because Tilt Hold relay is not energized anymore.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

When 24V fuse opens, game goes to tilt because Tilt Hold relay is not energized anymore.

Correct, that entire side (24V) lost power due to the fuse. So, hopefully, just the fuse.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Thanks for the reminder. The last quite a few Wedge Heads I went through were from the 60s on
which occasionally had saved fuses because the Tilt Relay energized before the fuse popped.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-question-for-em-community-help?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.