(Topic ID: 166869)

Quick Poll. Are you getting Air Balls from GB "Ghost Target"?

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JMK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you find you are getting Air Balls off the Ghost Target?”

• None 3 votes
    11%
  • Very Little, no reason to protect 9 votes
    32%
  • Enough air balls, Protection is important! 16 votes
    57%

(28 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Just a quickie, as Im narrowing down testing on a protector.

Are you finding air balls from the ghost target shot?

Personally, I dont see any at all, a few have suggested.
This has an affect on the size and appearance of a plastic guard be worked on, and is of immense help.

Thank you.
Art

#2 7 years ago

Yes two many from drop targets and also the balls hits the very short small inlane posts and goes straight to the outlanes way too many times than any other game I have ever played. Only Bad design on this part of game but can be fixed from others I have seen posted, rest of the game seems like one of the best.

#3 7 years ago

OP seems to be asking about the GHOST target that starts Slimer in particular; not targets of other ghosts. OP, can you clarify?

#4 7 years ago

Not an owner but one GB I played had a ghost target that launched the ball over the flippers a couple times. I still don't know how, maybe it was from the little bump in the middle where it's affixed? Not sure if it's a lasting issue but it can certainly happen.

#5 7 years ago

On location were I play gb there is definitely air ball coming from ghost target. I always try clipping it on the left side to prevent the drain. If I owned one and I might one day I'd buy one.

#6 7 years ago

Air balls are notorious from the 2x and 3x targets on either side of the ramp.
I believe this to be a "Must Fix".

Om the Target that spells G-H-O-S-T, and releases slimer, some people get airballs, others do not.
I personally dont.

In creating a plastic that works, I have found for the ramp targets, in difference to others, a need to anchor it to the nut on the left captive ball.

A few reasons.

1) an un achored plastic on the left gets hit sometimes by balls going up the ramp.
This slows it down a bit, but also the loose end flexes up slightly, with hit.
I actually broke one test piece after around 20 games....it just hit it right to flex, and snap at anchor nut.

A benefit of this type, is it doesnt hit slimers butt on a full left swing.

I prefer, right now, 3 anchor points and on standoffs. It stops the airballs, has 4 solid points with the metal ramp.

the negative, its a bit bigger, and I am trying to shave away plastic, without degradation, so that a mandatory raising of Slimer is
not needed.

I am tidyying up a few looks, and Ill post pics, I think it will look good with or withpout a decal, but also as a nice place for ecto 1
above the artwork on the playfield.

For now, Im trying to gauge whether to cover the ghost target.

#7 7 years ago

Do you know how much you will sell the plastics for ??

#8 7 years ago

Not at this time, but the target price is from $15-$25, depending on Standoffs, decals, or even an Ecto mounted....maybe....

#9 7 years ago

I am definitely interested in the ramp plastic; and only get the occasional airball off the ghost target shot. However, I would likely also take one as a part of the set if it gets made (just as a precaution). Thanks for heading up this project- can't want to get your ramp plastic installed. Btw- if you get an Ecto mounted that would be very cool as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 103.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-poll-are-you-getting-air-balls-from-gb-ghost-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.