• Latest reply 6 months ago by packie1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210607_224040538 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

I have just about finished a 1950 Williams "Lucky Inning". I only have one final problem that is nagging me. The game plays fine but when it gets to the 5th and final inning and if the ball returns to the shooter position, the game will not start the bat motor and the ball wont shoot. All of this is fine except the game does not go into a game over mode and the biggest issue I have is that the flippers are still active. You can press the flipper buttons and the flippers respond but the game is over. Press the start button and the game resets and you're ready to go again.

I want to know does this machine have a game over? Are the flippers supposed to stay energized? Should the game go into tilt or something. I am mainly concerned about the flippers still being hot. I have included a screenshot of the schematics with regards to the flippers. Please let me know if anyone sees something i am missing.
Mike

PXL_20210607_224040538 (resized).jpg
#2 6 months ago

I’m not an expert on Williams schematics, but it looks like there is a make/break switch associated with the flippers circuits (“CWE ON BAT MOTOR RE”—I assume that “CWE” means “closed when engaged” and that this label applies to the circuit to the bat relay only). The switch leading to the flippers circuits would be closed when the bat relay motor is not engaged and when flipper buttons are pressed. And so, if this interpretation is correct, the flippers would still be active when the final ball drains as the bat motor relay is not engaged at this point (since the inning counter is at 5 and opens the circuit to this relay). As far as I know, all Gottliebs from this era worked the same way (i.e., flippers still work after last ball is played) and suspect the same is true for Williams machines.

#3 6 months ago

I agree with tfduda. It's possible that one of the vertical power rails has another switch to cut power similar to the Lock relay switch between the yellow and red wires in the upper left corner, but it seems unlikely.

/Mark

#4 6 months ago

Great to hear guys!
Thought that was the case but this was my first on this era of machine.
Thanks for the quick responses.
Mike

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside