(Topic ID: 71584)

Quick fix for drop target spring on WW? Ideas needed...

By 27dnast

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 27dnast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

My back drop target on my WW needs a spring... I'd really like to have the game up and running for company tomorrow which makes it a little late to get this thing mailed (without paying a ridiculous amount of $).

Anyone have any ideas? Are there any brick and mortar stores that carry similar springs? How about a jerry rig with rubber bands?

Would love to hear some ideas

#2 10 years ago

Lowe's Home Improvement has an assortment of springs pack. I bought to replace the figures on one side of my old Diner that were missing behind the translite. That assortment looked like there were a few that could probably work on a drop like that.

#3 10 years ago

Yep, a good hardware store is your best friend.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Anyone have any ideas?

Commandeer one from another machine you have.

#5 10 years ago

All of my other machines are up and running... I guess I'll give Lowes a shot!

Thanks, Todd

#6 10 years ago

Order the correct one and use a rubber band in the meantime??

Perhaps even an ear ring or fishing weight on a small line, as all you need is something to pull it down, the reset coil will do the rest.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 10 years ago

Ace hardware if you have one in your area.
They seem to have things the bigger box stores don't have.

#8 10 years ago

There is an ACE in the area...

The spring number in the WW manual... is that universal? If I walk into an ACE with that number, do you think they could find it? Or, should I pull a drop target spring and take it in with me?

#9 10 years ago

I'd take the spring in with you as I doubt they can cross reference. Fliptronics flipper spring work in the time being?

#10 10 years ago

Unfortunately, I don't have any extras. Looking like rubber bands or spring from a store...

#11 10 years ago

Horrible Freight sells a small spring assortment.

#12 10 years ago

Well... struck out on the springs. Lowes, Fastenal and Ace.

Rubberband did the trick!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-fix-for-drop-target-spring-on-ww-ideas-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.