Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7AE10EF9-46D6-4AE0-8BDE-694969385436 (resized).jpeg
EB82DB05-D8F5-4900-B9E3-3B1F6F559FAD (resized).jpeg
Gottlieb Score Motor blades (resized).jpg
2018-06-02 17-42-15 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Anyone out there have a Quick Draw that can tell me if the blades on my score motor look normal?
The one on upper left has been modified because the V end broke off. The one on the middle right seems too flat to me, but that is why I wanted to see a photo of someone else's Quick Draw motor to compare. I'm thinking I may need to replace a couple of blades.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks folks.

2018-06-02 17-42-15 (resized).JPG2018-06-02 17-42-15 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

There are several things that don't look right to me, just from memory. I can get you a photo of mine tomorrow (I'm not where my games are right now) if someone isn't able to post a pic first. The good news is that it shouldn't be too hard to get everything where it should be and buy the right switches if some are too bent or even broken. Presumably the game isn't playing correctly?

#3 5 years ago

My current symptom is that intermittently, the score motor stops out of position and then the start button will not start a game or the coin chute is inactive. If I advance it manually 1/4 in all is well again. I Just want to know which of the blades need to be replaced.

#4 5 years ago

From your photo.

Upper Left, top switch, What is that triangled peice for? When some one else posts a photo of their motor then we will know what should be there. Chances are it needs a bent motor switch there.

Right side of photo top switch. Although it is being pushed by that post and it is hard to tell, but that switch may bent incorrectly, that post should be hitting that angled part of the switch, about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch to the right. The first bend of the blade, is bent to far in, after the post hits the angled part of the blade, that spooned part should rub along that post.

#5 5 years ago

The lowest stack looks to have the brake switch and the stack at the 3 oc position looks to have lost its triangular piece - presumably it had one as that shown opposite and has been bent to modify it. try looking underneath the motor board in case its laying there! PBR should have new bits to sort this out.

#6 5 years ago

The follower on the upper left switch stack looks like a follower from a Bally (?) score motor where the triangular frame holds a pin that rolls along the edge of the cam. Looks like it's being used here to follow a score motor pin on the cam instead.

Anyway, this might help sort out what you need.
Gottlieb Score Motor blades (resized).jpgGottlieb Score Motor blades (resized).jpg
The follower on the bottom right switch stack in your photo looks like the A-918 and can probably be bent back into shape.

/Mark

#7 5 years ago

MarkG - Thanks for the part numbers. Perhaps I can bend like the A-918...or just get a replacement in case the metal is stressed. Pretty sure I need to replace the modified blade in upper left, but do you think it would be A-309? Bottom center blade seems OK and perhaps is A-127? Is there documentation somewhere that would specify which part number goes in each Score Motor Position?

Darcy - Agreed on the mal-formed blade. Good to have other sets of eyes.

Thanks y'all

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from rar2667:

Pretty sure I need to replace the modified blade in upper left, but do you think it would be A-309? Bottom center blade seems OK and perhaps is A-127? Is there documentation somewhere that would specify which part number goes in each Score Motor Position?

At the end of the day any cam follower can probably be made to work with enough bending, trial and error since all that the follower needs to accomplish is to open and close the switches as the notch, tooth or pin on the cam passes by. The risk however is that without the intended follower profile there maybe be subtle timing issues introduced by switches operating a little to early or a little too late. Those might be a bear to debug. Either approach (repairing or buying new) can work. You just need to decide how much time you want to put into it.

I'm not aware of a listing of switch blades used on the score motors in each game. Some catalogs however do specify the cam used in each game. I'd wait for a good photo of a working example rather than speculating on what should be there because a brand new but incorrect follower might not be much better than a correct but mangled follower.

#9 5 years ago

Sorry for the delay – here are some pictures of my Quick Draw score motor. Hopefully this to diagnose the problem with yours.

7AE10EF9-46D6-4AE0-8BDE-694969385436 (resized).jpeg7AE10EF9-46D6-4AE0-8BDE-694969385436 (resized).jpegEB82DB05-D8F5-4900-B9E3-3B1F6F559FAD (resized).jpegEB82DB05-D8F5-4900-B9E3-3B1F6F559FAD (resized).jpeg
#10 5 years ago

Great information from MarkG and goldenboy232 . I upvoted your posts.

#12 5 years ago

Thanks @HowardR, I appreciate that.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for your responses goldenboy232 and @markg! The photo was especially helpful and I’ve already spoken with Pinball Resource to order replacement blades.
I’m going with A-9349 to replace the modified blade in my switch position 2 and a fresh A-918 to replace the bent one in my switch position 4. Couldn’t have figured this out without the great photo from golden boy! Also thanks to HowardR for getting me started.

I’ll post an update after these get installed...thanks all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-draw-score-motor-is-this-normal?hl=rar2667 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.