View topic image gallery

0Quick-Draw-pinside-BX-Relay-Work-01 (resized).jpg
1A5BE032-5DC5-444A-8236-858502681087 (resized).jpeg
D95FF775-150E-4ED7-AC02-9D3D47057827 (resized).jpeg
9E4D2A2F-0325-47FD-AAC1-9A57591172AB (resized).jpeg
F79EAA23-5C09-4874-87C4-8E8148F96713 (resized).jpeg
82D62604-9728-4780-BDBC-ABEC88D87ED6 (resized).jpeg
14F1DB03-BC30-4F05-8AC1-D4AD4DB63D07 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

Hi goldenboy232
hi hwyhed - thanks for the pictures - I took one (BX-Relay) and added snippets from the schematics. Switch-1 is in the schematics at A-5 or B-5, Switch-2 is at A-7, Switch-3 is around H-8 to I-9, Switch-4 is at E-10, Switch-5 is at F-13. In the JPG I believe to see on the right, towards us: switch-4 then comes switch-1 then comes switch-2. In the JPG on the left, towards us: switch-5 then switch-3.

goldenboy232 - i believe: When You unsolder wire-orange-green "JPG outmost-left wire / away from us looking at the picture, marked with an star" the pin NEVER gets to Game-Over. Want to try the unsoldering - to prove me "right or wrong" ? (((You then must toggle-off the pin at end of a game - toggle-on again)))

goldenboy, Mark --- Here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-quick-draw-powered-it-up-for-the-first-time#post-4364257 I had suggested +/- the same. Greetings Rolf

0Quick-Draw-pinside-BX-Relay-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Quick-Draw-pinside-BX-Relay-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#9 5 years ago

Hi Mark
the situation is not good --- I was hoping for "doghair crap of wire fallen at the solder-lugs on the witch in BX-Relay making "faulty always contact". Hmm,
maybe AAA - an preowner made a creative wiring in the pin we do not see in the schematics
maybe BBB we interpret the colors of wires faulty or Gottlieb used other colors - we are on the wrong switch on BX-Relay
maybe CCC (not likely) - see the JPG in howard 's post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-quick-draw-powered-it-up-for-the-first-time#post-4357010 --- a line / wire comes downward into the JPG - comes in connecting-wire into "connection from Switch on BX-Relay connecting to Switch on O-Relay". You have unsoldered wire-orange-green --- the mentioned incoming wire comes to "other switchblade on the BX-Switch". A very little chance: Through this wire coming down comes faulty current flowing to make the Q-Relay to faulty pull-in.

Before getting into "chasing weird theories (AAA, BBB, CCC, maybe more) I write down what I believe I have read from Your topics --- question: Is the following true ?

Your pin is toggled-off so the Q-Relay (of course) is not pulling. You have the ball NOT in the Outhole. You toggle-on the pin and the Q-Relay pulls-in and stays pulling. You have the ball not in the Outhole - You start a game --- the pin resets and the Q-Relay quits pulling - is non-pulling - the resets comes to the end - the pin stands still - the motor is not running - the R-Relay is constantly pulling and the H-Relay is constantly pulling. The U-Relay is not pulling. The AX-Relay has actuated in the beginning of the start / reset - and the AX-Reset has actuated at the end of the start / reset. (The Q-Relay is not pulling) You close the Outhole-Switch between the flipperbats - the Out-Hole-Relay pulls-in and the motor starts running - the motor turns 120 degrees AND the Q-Relay faulty pulls-in and stays pulling. So the non-pulling Q-Relay is made (faulty) pulling when the O-Relay pulls-in and the motor runs.

Everything written above must be done in an running Quick Draw - but not done is the " AND the Q-Relay faulty pulls-in and stays pulling". Please accept me asking (words from a dix) "preventively / precaution / to be on the safe side". Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-draw-owners-%e2%80%94-o-relay-question?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.