(Topic ID: 295469)

Quick Draw Continuous Scoring

By jlarose1988

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I'm looking for some support with my Gottlieb Quick Draw EM.

Symptom: I start the game and everything works as expected until my ball falls into the ball trough at the end of the my first ball in play. That's when the issue appears. The first player 100 point scoring reel just continues to tally up points and will not stop. I shut the pinball off and then turn it back on. The scoring reel stops but the score motor runs continuously so the game won't reset or start.

Resetting the pinball: To get the pinball to reset, I shut the pinball off, reset the total stepper motor to the zero position and then restart the game. Everything resets as normal and allows me to start a new game. The issue reappears when ball 1 falls through again to the ball trough.

I don't believe there is an issue with the score motor. It seems to be waiting for a signal to stop. This is evident when I manually move the total stepper motor to the zero position. I was suspecting the total stepper motor because it's always on the #3 position. However, it could also be waiting for a signal (technically it should be in the #3 position at the end of ball 1) so I'm starting to talk myself out of that idea. Me resetting the total stepper motor back to the zero position might be resetting everything and masking the true location of the problem.

Now I suspect the root issue has something to do with the 100 point reel running continuously. I need to order the schematic to this machine to see all the signals that create 100 point scoring then work upstream from there to try to identify faulty switches/wiring.

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

#2 2 years ago

Possibly a stand up playfield switch closed .

#3 2 years ago

I was wrong about it being the 100 point score that runs continuously. It's the 1,000 point scoring reel.

Also, I made more observations today and performed some tests. If I put the ball in play but don't let it hit any targets and fall through to the trough (manually of course), I noticed the issue doesn't occur. I then manually tripped one of the drop targets and let the ball fall through. The issue came back. It appears the issue is related to the bonus points. I'm ordering a schematic now.

1 month later
#4 2 years ago

I realize I needed to post what was wrong with the game. I found out I had a bad relay in the stepper unit for controlling bonus scoring. $15 to replace the relay and the game works great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-draw-continuous-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.