9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Raff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuffano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

I remember seeing a few discussions on here where adding solder to the disk contacts works so you may have to try searching or maybe someone who did it will chime in. I myself have yet to have to do it, but perhaps another 100K+ games and I'll be facing a similar problem.

Have you tried taking the top rotating disk off and cleaning it as well as cleaning the stationary one with the contact points?

If not, I just use some isopropyl rubbing alcohol and wet a small piece of green kitchen scouring pad and gently rub away on the contacts making sure to get in the small groove the wiper blade created over the years. I'll then use the same rubbing alcohol to clean all the wiper blades and springs on the rotating disk. I've seen some of my blades and springs really gunked up and not moving freely, so gently cleaning and working them by hand to make sure they smoothly slide in and out of the small metal tube they ride in worked for me.

If you do take the disk off to clean just make sure to put it back together making the same contact points that is was when it came off. You can always take a permanent marker and mark the sides of both disks at the same point before taking apart, then after cleaning the disks line those same two marker points back up when you put it together and screw the rotating disk down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuffano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-draw-bonus-stepper-unit?tu=tuffano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.