• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bonus scoring (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have a Quick Draw that was working ok and then I switched it from 5 balls to 3 and now the bonus doesn't subtract and add to the score unit the way it should. I resoldered the connections to the brass fingers on the step unit as one of them had come desoldered from the finger. I don't have any images to look at to be certain the wiring on the bakelite side of the board is correct so I'm uncertain if it's in the correct location to me they appear to be wired in series, jumping from on to the next.

Could use a hand if someone might know where to look. I can read schematics somewhat but not great at following the switch logic yet.

Thanks,

Kevin

#2 3 years ago

Does it work right if you put it back on 5-balls?

The way the 2x and 3x bonus is handled in that game is very different for 3-ball and 5-ball. I would suggest looking at the schematic for all of the changes when you move that jumper plug over. The problem has to be in that logic somewhere.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Gamerking:

the bonus doesn't subtract and add to the score unit the way it should

Can you be specific

#4 3 years ago

Sure, when I'm playing, the bonus unit is incrementing and the lights on the board light up fine, but when the ball drains the bonus unit de-increments or steps down but the score doesn't get added to the score reels. It's really random, say if the bonus is showing as 8,000 sometimes it adds 1,000 other time 4,000 other times it adds 0. Everything else seems to be scoring just fine.

Kevin

#5 3 years ago

Which step unit did you re-solder a wire to?
And does it still score bonus correctly when set on 5-ball?

#6 3 years ago

Does the Bonus Unit Score relay (E) activate when it counts down but doesn't score the bonus?

#7 3 years ago

If I'm reading you correctly, and the bonus stepper under the playfield counts up and down correctly, but you're just not receiving bonus thousands, you might want to look at this circuit. As Howard mentioned, the E relay is part of the circuit, as are the two motor switches at 4A and 2B. Use the wire colors to identify those switches when you check them. On the schematic snippet shown - the vertical wire on the left side is black and the vertical wire on the right side is red-white.

If your bonus stepper isn't counting down correctly, then it gets more complicated.

bonus scoring (resized).JPGbonus scoring (resized).JPG
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

If I'm reading you correctly, and the bonus stepper under the playfield counts up and down correctly, but you're just not receiving bonus thousands, you might want to look at this circuit. As Howard mentioned, the E relay is part of the circuit, as are the two motor switches at 4A and 2B. Use the wire colors to identify those switches when you check them. On the schematic snippet shown - the vertical wire on the left side is black and the vertical wire on the right side is red-white.
If your bonus stepper isn't counting down correctly, then it gets more complicated.
[quoted image]

paulace did you redraw the schematics?

#9 3 years ago

Hey woz - yes I did. I sent you a private message.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-draw-bonus-scoring-issues?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.