4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Quick Draw Player Unit (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

When it rains it pours. I have another thread where I’m talking about having issues with my Atlanta drop targets not resetting. I got frustrated with it this evening and decided to play a few games on my Quick Draw to take a break from Atlantis.

I noticed that THOSE drop targets weren’t scoring correctly, and so decided to adjust those switches a little bit. I’m close to getting those adjusted correctly so that they score right, but somehow (and maybe this is just coincidence) but when I was testing those switches now the ball count won’t advance.

Does anyone have a Quick Draw schematic that can help me diagnose what would cause the balls to not advance? I assume this is the Player Unit but don’t know where to go from there.

#2 4 years ago

Assuming your game resets correctly you can probably eliminate the top part and focus on the section in the red box:
Quick Draw Player Unit (resized).jpgQuick Draw Player Unit (resized).jpg

Are the P and U relays firing when the ball drains? Is it any better on a 2 player game?

/Mark

#3 4 years ago

So what do you see or hear happening when you manually close the runway switch (ball closes it as it is being served)? Just a motor run and targets reset but no ball count advance, or nothing? Is the First Ball relay tripping during play because if it doesn’t then the ball count will never go past ball 1.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

So what do you see or hear happening when you manually close the runway switch (ball closes it as it is being served)? Just a motor run and targets reset but no ball count advance, or nothing? Is the First Ball relay tripping during play because if it doesn’t then the ball count will never go past ball 1.

I'll report back as soon as I can. Thank you both -- more to come.

#5 4 years ago

OK update – I don’t know what I did, but I blew some air on the U, P, and BX relay switches just in case there was some dirt in there, and now it’s working fine. Fingers crossed that I somehow stumbled across the solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-draw-2-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.