Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Patofnaud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

quick question. I have had my DM for about a month now and it really annoys me how it shoots all of the balls through the game every time I turn it on. Is this normal? Does anyone know of a way to turn this off? Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Sounds like a problem with a trough opto.

#3 8 years ago

Explain that a bit..
Balls though the game?

Does it play normal?
Are the balls all draining on game end?

Been a while since I had my DM, so I can't remember if it preloads balls into locks. I didn't think it did. If I recall at end of the game the balls all drain.

#4 8 years ago

Ok here is more info. When I turn the power button on, the plunger starts firing balls through the playfield until all of the balls make it back to the trough. There really isn't an issue with the balls draining at the end of each game as they don't lock anywhere visible on the playfield like other games do. It's interesting because i just replaced the infrared led (labeled LED 1") and capacitor to correct a "check 36 trough jam error" that I kept getting. After fixing that, the credit dot disappeared, but the balls shooting through the game is still happening every time I power up. Maybe I need to make an ajdjustment or change the entire trough optical transmitter board, but I can't figure it out. Thanks again

#5 8 years ago

From your responses though, it sounds like this is not normal

#6 8 years ago

Definitely a trough issue. I'd remove it, clean the trough, the connectors and all of the LEDs and see if that solves it. If not check that all of the LEDs are transmitting (using a camera phone), if still not check that all the receivers are working. If not that - ??

#7 8 years ago

Thanks, I will give this a try tonight. By cleaning, do you mean just wiping down the metal on the trough and the led's or using a cleaner (nuovus 2)? Also, I did check that the receiver board (if that's what it's called) was working with a light but not sure how to check the transmitter board is working. Thanks again

#8 8 years ago

Not the metal, the board with the LEDs. Clear with an eyeglass wipe (achohol).

Also with power on you should see if the IR leds are outputting with a phone camera.

#9 8 years ago

How would you perform that test with the phone camera? Sorry, pretty new and learning as I go

#10 8 years ago

A camera phone can see infra red light whereas the human eye can't. It will glow pink/red on the screen of a camera phone. You can then tell if it's lit.

#11 8 years ago

Thanks. i think I narrowed it down to the transmitter board and just bought a new one. I appreciate the advice.

#12 8 years ago

Don't toss your old board, they can be repaired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 81.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-demolition-man-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.