Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So I just want to do a quick wipe down to get some dirt and dust off, not a full shop. I don't want or need to wax yet. Game still plays plenty fast. Should I use Novus 1 or something else? Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Sorry. I should have mentioned this is a Star Trek Pro.

#3 9 years ago

Novus 1 is all you need. Spay on cloth and have at it.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation.

#5 9 years ago

I have STLE and I still wax mine, it's very fast anyway, but the wax adds protection that novus1 will not. I would do both.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I have STLE and I still wax mine, it's very fast anyway, but the wax adds protection that novus1 will not. I would do both.

Shouldn't I wait to do a full shop to wax? I'm not ready yet to take off all the ramps, etc. Or do you just wax what is accessible?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Shouldn't I wait to do a full shop to wax? I'm not ready yet to take off all the ramps, etc. Or do you just wax what is accessible?

I'll chime in here. I purchased a NIB IMve earlier this year. Its already been waxed twice (Double coat) since it came out of the box. Novus products are cleaners, wax is the protector. Think of it like a car wash. When you get the top tier one, your car gets a wash, then they apply that liquid wax. Waxing reduces friction, ground in dirt into the play field and allows the ball to travel smoother. Cleaning, Waxing and new balls will make your NIB stay fresh.

No I do not strip the entire play field to wax my game. A its silly and unnecessary, unless you plan to shop it out and change rubbers too. The large open areas on the play field see the most abuse. It should only take a few minutes to apply, dry and buff. Your game will thank you. The loops can be tricky as they fill with dirt. I do my best to as a minimum clean with novus even if I don't wax. I reach what I can with a terry cloth and will remove simple fixtures to get to it (maybe a plastic or two) but I don't remove the ramps on a regular basis.

Just my .02
Paul

#8 9 years ago

I agree^^^^^^. You can easily wax the high traffic areas without tearing down the Playfield.

#9 9 years ago

Ok. You guys win.

I have some blitz wax so I'll wax what I can get too easily. It has been a few months since I got the game, and I have logged plenty of time playing it, so I suppose it is time.

#10 9 years ago

Cleaned and waxed! New balls too. Thanks again.

#11 9 years ago

So now that I've waxed, I literally cannot control the ball, it is so fast. Just when I thought I was getting the hang of Star Trek . . . . Now, I suck again.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So now that I've waxed, I literally cannot control the ball, it is so fast. Just when I thought I was getting the hang of Star Trek . . . . Now, I suck again.

Haha! Yeah I did that to my Shadow. So brutal now!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Haha! Yeah I did that to my Shadow. So brutal now!

I really thought I was slowly getting better at the game, as my scores were steadily climbing. But, now I think the ball was just getting slower. Oh well, back to the beginning.

#14 9 years ago

I get that when i clean my met pro. I just use N1 and a cotton rag. Ball is so much faster. I actually am afraid ill break a plastic or drop target. For that reason i havent waxed it yet. Figure wax would be even worse.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I get that when i clean my met pro. I just use N1 and a cotton rag. Ball is so much faster. I actually am afraid ill break a plastic or drop target. For that reason i havent waxed it yet. Figure wax would be even worse.

I used just Novus 1 on the ramps going to the return lanes, no wax, and the ball shoots down them so fast now that it bounces back a bit at the end before dropping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-cleaning-of-newer-stern-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.