(Topic ID: 79824)

Tech: Quick CFTBL fuse question...

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey Guys....I was installing Mike's holo mod and while putting the playfield down, (yes, with power on) I managed to blow out all of my instert controlled lights, including the lights on the sign boards.

Chase lights, flashers, solinoids and flippers are fine.

Does this sound like I blew fuse f114?

#2 10 years ago

Take a multimeter and check each fuse and see if it good or bad

#3 10 years ago

OK...I am with you on checking the fuses with the MM....its something that happend last night and have been thinking about this today at the office.

What puzzles me is that reading through varios troubleshooting tips, my understanding is that F114 (lamp matrix fuse) feeds to F115 (switch matrix fuse)....and my switches are still registering...any idea if what I read is correct? And if so, how could the switches be working when F114 is blown?

Thanks again for any help...

#4 10 years ago

I'm don't know what else to suggest other than checking the fuses. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge will chime in. Something must have shorted when the playfield was being put back down or a wire could have been broken.

#5 10 years ago

Controlled lamp circuit is 18 volts (F114) and switch circuit is 12 volts (F115). One does not feed the other.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks Terry...after posting I looked it back up and I think I got confused with another WPC game. I replaced the the f114 fuse and she is back to 100%

#7 10 years ago

Glad you got it fixed! It sucks to have something happen when you are working on a machine.

#8 10 years ago

yeah....and it sucks when you are in the middle of it and have to stop. Spent the entire day over thinking it. But then again, I'm the type that will run out of gas and start pulling the engine block to fix it.

#9 10 years ago

I did something similar years ago trying to fix what I thought was a dead monitor on a galaga video game. I replaced the flyback, did a cap kit, and replaced the HOT. After I did all that, the monitor still did not turn on. Turned out the monitor was not getting power due to a broke power switch. Lesson learned, lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-cftbl-fuse-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.