5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Scoot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F1E7DDF7-54E2-4BAC-B65A-59548183841D (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

I’ve got a Godzilla I’m looking to route and it’s got a pretty severe divot in the wood next to the magnet in the top orbit. Given this game will be routed and the affected area is located under a ramp, I’m just looking to fill and level the missing wood to get the game functional and not worried about what it looks like.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a procedure that I can do to fill the wood without taking the playfield out of the game? Will standard wood filler hold up if covered in Mylar? Has anyone done such a thing, or is it complete blasphemy to do anything less than a ten point restoration?

Thanks

Greg

F1E7DDF7-54E2-4BAC-B65A-59548183841D (resized).jpegF1E7DDF7-54E2-4BAC-B65A-59548183841D (resized).jpeg
    #2 5 years ago

Can you remove the magnet core easily? I would try and remove it and put a file to it to make it flat again. Then while it is out I would take some quick wood (2 part epoxy putty) and try to fill the divot. Use a scraper to make it level with the playfield and an xacto knife to clean up the hole as it cures. Then a little sanding, paint it, and some Mylar.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-and-dirty-divot-fix-for-a-route-game?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.