• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cranie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

I need some quick advice. I'm going shortly to check out a Star Wars Episode 1 machine. The seller is (I believe) motivated to sell, but the game is "Out Of Order". The extent of the problems are unknown. Could be a Prism card, could be blown capacitors, could be ???

My question is, what would a fair offer be to throw at him? He is specifically looking for an offer and when I asked for a price in mind he couldn't give me one.

Seeing as the title in good working condition would command about a $2.5k price tag what would a safe offer be without knowing the extent of the work needing to be done?

I know there is no hard & fast answer but any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Greg

#2 10 years ago

1k at most? That would be my top offer. Depending what all works and doesn't, PF, etc.. You should be able to part it out for 1k again depending.

Good luck either way!

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

1k at most? That would be my top offer. Depending what all works and doesn't, PF, etc.. You should be able to part it out for 1k again depending.
Good luck either way!

Even $1k scares me a little regarding (at least) recouping cost. lol. Are parts still readily available for P2K pins? I haven't had much luck in sourcing much as far as the electronics go. I know that Nucore is no longer available, and the only Prism card I found (NOS) was priced at $600.

#4 10 years ago

If you can't power it up and see if the CPU, monitor, sound board, driver board, neon are all working, I'd knock off at least $500 right off the top. Be sure to inspect that all parts are there and that you aren't missing a Prism card, audio board, or driver board. Adjust up/down for condition from there. Pay attention to missing playfield parts and figures/toys. Check that the flipper buttons are not damaged as they are hard to find.

#5 10 years ago

With so little information on what is wrong with it, a value is very hard to quantify. A P2K can be very expensive to fix in that kind of condition.

If you do get it and need parts/service, Rob (boryguard) here is the guy to talk to. I can repair them as well, but Rob is more willing than me

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice all. As pinballx said, it's difficult for me to get my head around a "safe" offer. Could be a simple fix, or it could be a long, drawn out, expensive venture.

Hmmm...

#7 10 years ago

Honestly I would take RFM over SWep1 any day.
However if the PF is in very good shape (including everything on it) I would be concerned about the condition of the CRT.

Now in a worst case scenario Pinbox is a thing and then you are replacing the CPU, soundcard, and can use an LCD screen.

So you wouldn't be dead in the water, just investing another 1k so unless you are given solid reason to believe the CPU and CRT are good I would factor that potential cost into the buy price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 85.00
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

5,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quick-advice-needed-star-wars-ep1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.